Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

Loving the continued support for the game. Understand there probably won't be major changes to the game now but would still suggest the following changes to improve the bowling experience against AI.

1) More edges especially to slip
2) AI should use double trigger shots less and should be more tisk when they do.
3) More variation in bowling speed between same deliveries. I.e some sort of random factor in calculating speed.

Overall this should make the bowling experience more fun. Hopefully this can be incorporated in the patch.

Please fix the random effects one gets from the pitch conditions , totally ignoring what should be happening to the pitch , or what was selected at the start of the match in Online mode.

Just to elaborate on the issue :

I just hope they can make the pitches play as they are supposed to play . In Online Games , I would select "Dry Hard Pristine , No Quick Pitch Wear" for a T20 .

Then low and behold when we start the match what do we get ? A crumbly Cracking pitch ????

Something similiar happens when playing longer formats. You see the pitch degrading through the day , save and exit , and the next day when you log in and resume the match against the opponent , voilla ! the pitch is reset again .This also happens after the day is finished and the next day starts.

Can the New Patch PC Testers confirm if the above two scenarios still play out as above , or have they been adressed ?

@HBK619 , @BigAntStudios , @MattW , can you confirm if these are getting any attention in the Patch 3 list ?

I also don't notice pitches appreciably playing differently, although mostly with friends I play shorter length games, anywhere from 10-12-15-20 and 30 over - 2 innings (2day) "test" style games. The pitches, even with quick pitch wear set to 'on', still seem the same more or less as it goes on. The only exception is the 30 over games where on day two it seems a little harder to bat, as the wickets do tumble a little easier. Visible pitch changes also seem minimal.

On a totally unrelated matter and as an addition to my requests for the creation side of things. I must say that when it comes to uniform colours, there is a left column which is as dark as it gets, it's pretty much black, but not quite. It's as dark as the colour side of things can get, but it's too close to black. Black is catered for on the white-grey-black right hand column. I'd love it if that left column was lightened just slightly, as there are a couple of darker kits that are almost unmakeable. One I tried today was the World Cup 1992 India and it the nearest shade is just too light.

As for the colour spectrum, I'm not sure what's wrong but a true maroon seems hard to make for the likes of World Cup 1992 West Indies. To put it in League terms it's that the colours between Queensland and Brisbane Broncos that are hard to make. I'm not sure if the colour spectrum is diverse enough. Maybe it's something that will only sneak into the next edition, but I had to ask.

now rules has change in real cricket,free hit for all no balls please add this option also

Is it even possible to bowl above the waist full tosses? Seems pointless to add them in just for the sake of a no-ball..

Along with a lot of others in this thread, the only thing I would really like is a more fleshed out career. Along with options to change your players appearance at certain stages.

Not drastically, as if they had plastic surgery or something, more just hair styles, facial hair, and aging effects. It's a little weird either having a 16 year old who looks like he's 35, or having a 30 year old with dyed blonde hair and a soul patch.

Into trivial things that I keep forgetting to post about territory here. :yes

Just in the Academy I notice there's a problem when putting a certain common moustache on Indian players (perhaps many other races too?), in that it doesn't display correctly like other types (it's smeared kind of - looks like an error). I think it's the one called Lampshade? In any case Lampshade is the nearest appropriation of a moustache for many 70's/80's/90's players and in it's best (working) form it's still a tiny bit less wide and full than required.

@MattW's new mandate is to maintain mustache mobility within the mechanics and manipulate it for maximum game merriment [HASHTAG]#Patch3[/HASHTAG]

Hey guys I'd like to see a new batting control scheme in next patch, sort of like an old school retro where as left stick is the shot direction, buttons are the shots, example being x button front foot shots, square for back foot shots, circle being front foot lofted, triangle being back foot lofted. I think this could be tinkered with as in if you press the button once that gives u a defensive dab or single shot but pressing it twice would give you a more aggressive shot. Just an idea apologize if it's been mentioned

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys I'd like to see a new batting control scheme in next patch, sort of like an old school retro where as left stick is the shot direction, buttons are the shots, example being x button front foot shots, square for back foot shots, circle being front foot lofted, triangle being back foot lofted. I think this could be tinkered with as in if you press the button once that gives u a defensive dab or single shot but pressing it twice would give you a more aggressive shot. Just an idea apologize if it's been mentioned

That sounds absolutely awful.

Why would you want to break the best part of the game? Fielding, weather, career I can understand... but batting controls?

124 pages in and we're hitting the nadir of suggestions reverting the control scheme to pre 2007, because reasons?

Officially can call this threads time of death...

124 pages in and we're hitting the nadir of suggestions reverting the control scheme to pre 2007, because reasons?

Officially can call this threads time of death...
Ok mate my reasons are that I believe that batting in game atm is a lot of premeditated shots especially aggressive trigger shots, lofted and ground strokes. Most of the time now if I play without triggers and I'm timing it well the shots go for 4 but if I'm timing it bad I'm getting caught behind, I'm talking cover driving, straight driving etc. The idea of the buttons is if in theory it was implemented in the game that one push of the button is to only hit the ball to inner circle or just beyond and is a very minimal chance of getting out unless my timing is way late or way early.. but if it's a juicy half volley 2 presses of the button would be a shot intended for the boundary rope, but with a higher chance of getting out , these examples are with x being front foot ground shots and square being back foot ground shots . With lofted shots, triangle for back foot lofted, cirlcle for front foot lofted , same rules applyy to amount of time you push the buttons but come with an even higher risk. These changes would also give you more variation on the one shot example front foot cover drive would have 4 options rather than the current 3 if you include blocking. It's just an idea mate I should of put it into the thread forum on what I would like to see on the next iteration of the game :)

Users who are viewing this thread