Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

I'm not a fan of this. Everything that was wrong with games in the past was that they became timing only because you knew where the AI/other person was bowling. Ashes cricket (or Ponting? I don't recall) became a slog fest after a few hours playing. I'd get annoyed if my opener got out without scoring at least 100 - 200 in a test in most other inferior cricket games.
The uncertainty adds to the challenge, and in turn the realism IMHO. I believe making it easier will dull the sense of achievement and kill the game.

I would recommend you to go thorough this thread were it has been discussed in detail
Improving Batting Assist for DBC/ playing without circle marker - PlanetCricket Forums

Its nothing like turning DBC to AC09 or previous games, if anything its like the batters eye used in baseball games and has endless possibilities of giving you a rich cricketing experience.

While DBC is a rich and the most realistic cricketing experience virtually till date. There are things were it can be improved.

First Circle marker while a great step forward from pitch marker still doesn't do what it intends to do as in you are now watching the circle marker instead of the ball and its like doubleinput to your brain, and also the lag of the animation playing out after you press the key doesn't allow you to play like you would in real life and after getting a full read on the delivery also make last minute adjustments.

Also in real life all batsman get a read on the delivery as the bowler is in the delivery stride. what im asking is not a tell all before delivery, but a hint of the length that will let me know the following ball is not goign to be a yorker or a short bouncer, a hint on length so i will still read the line and length and accordingly play watching the ball instead of the circle marker around it.

Also the advantage of going this route is this batters eye if incorporated properly based on batsman skill and form, will allow you to get the feel of playing as a Sachin or ponting or an ishant sharma or plunkett etc.

The EYE accuracy and earliness can vary depending on form skill conditions how settled you are, how good you are agisnt a particular type of bowler etc.

For example a dhoni in Indian conditions against steyn will pick the ball early and smack him, were as in SA against the same steyn he will struggle to pick him until he settles down etc. the possibilities are endless.
As of now you play all the batsman as yourself, wit this batters eye incorporated you will get individuality to how you will play as different batsman, you will get the feel of playing as kallis as chanders, as a sehwag etc.

Last edited:
No worries, apologies for the off topic.

I posted this in the bug reporting part of the download section, but will post it here too as hopefully it can be tweaked for patch 3... When there's an LBW shout, you can already tell whether the umpire will give it out or not because when it's out, you are not allowed to run, and the player will do the 'disappointment' animation like they know they're out before the umpire raises the finger. Also on run outs, if the players on the fielding team are visible when the camera focuses on the screen at the stadium for the pending decision, if it's out then the visible players on the fielding side will already be celebrating the wicket before the decision goes up on the screen.

Not massive issues by any means, but they do kill the suspension of waiting for the decision, particularly if it's a very close shout.

Quite similar to the rare occasions you get a stumping too. The stumping achievement will pop before the scoreboard review shows whether it's out or not.

Quite similar to the rare occasions you get a stumping too. The stumping achievement will pop before the scoreboard review shows whether it's out or not.

The other annoying thing about the run out cam, is that sometimes you can't see what's going on because the umpire is standing in the way, so you can't see whether the bat was over the line or not.

I'd also like to see the issue with diving fixed: where I dive, make my ground, and then stand up slightly outside my crease. The fielding team goes for the wickets every time this happens, and a couple of times I've been run out. It's really unsportsmanlike! And the ump should have probably signalled dead ball.

One thing I'd also like to see....Something that shows how many overs a bowler has left/currently bowled. I know you can press right on the d-pad and see how many a bowler not currently selected has to bowl, but I never know how many the current bowler has....and I'm never quite sure how many over a bowler is allowed depending on the format.

Also: it seems the balls hit back up the middle are either blocked by the bowler or hit the other batter much too easily. I'm sure toning that down isn't a simple thing, but IMO it needs to be done.

One thing I'd also like to see....Something that shows how many overs a bowler has left/currently bowled. I know you can press right on the d-pad and see how many a bowler not currently selected has to bowl, but I never know how many the current bowler has....and I'm never quite sure how many over a bowler is allowed depending on the format.

Also: it seems the balls hit back up the middle are either blocked by the bowler or hit the other batter much too easily. I'm sure toning that down isn't a simple thing, but IMO it needs to be done.
Its already there...When bowling press right and there are list of bowlers , they are listed based on the ratings i.e helmet level, along with no. of overs they have bowled...

Its already there...When bowling press right and there are list of bowlers , they are listed based on the ratings i.e helmet level, along with no. of overs they have bowled...

Like I said, I know it's already there, but it's not there for the currently selected bowler. Also, the bowler who just finished an over, (sorry, is there a term for him?) and by default is selected by the game to bowl the following over, also doesn't show.

In short. I'm having some trouble keeping track of how many overs a bowler has left and how to manage that. I'll freely admit, I don't completely understand the tactics behind that, but it would be helpful for the game to give a little more info than it currently does.

I've hit quite a few straight drives in the latest few patches. Just pounded 2 beauties back past the spinner.

I think you'll find that most of the time when it's stopped, it's because you didn't quite get all of it (or the ball wasn't quite there for the shot)

I've hit quite a few straight drives in the latest few patches. Just pounded 2 beauties back past the spinner.

I think you'll find that most of the time when it's stopped, it's because you didn't quite get all of it (or the ball wasn't quite there for the shot)

I've hit some back up the middle as well. But I've also hit some real hard ones that are constantly stopped by the bowler. I can sort of understand what you mean, but too many are stopped this way. And like I said, too many are stopped by the batsmen.

The batsmen make no attempt to avoid the ball, and the bowler, who makes no attempt to stop it, stops them all. It's all a little too much.

But from playing a lot of baseball games over the decades I realize it's a delicate balance. I've yet to play one that gets it correct.

I've hit some back up the middle as well. But I've also hit some real hard ones that are constantly stopped by the bowler. I can sort of understand what you mean, but too many are stopped this way. And like I said, too many are stopped by the batsmen.

The batsmen make no attempt to avoid the ball, and the bowler, who makes no attempt to stop it, stops them all. It's all a little too much.

But from playing a lot of baseball games over the decades I realize it's a delicate balance. I've yet to play one that gets it correct.

OK, let's be clear: the bowler doesn't stop them all. It could maybe be toned down a little bit, but then the straight drive (which is a tremendously difficult shot to play well in the meat, and relatively easy to play here) will need some tweaking to make it either less powerful, or more risky (or both)

Real Speeds of Fast Bowlers needs to increased in my opinion. 140 K's doesn't feel like it neither while bowling nor while batting. I understand that people having slow reaction times are having issues with it but at least for Legend difficulty it must be done. Unless the bowler is as tall as Morne Morkel it just ain't fast.

Veteran and at times Legend.

Oh ok, I play on thse levels and fast bowling is fast enough for me. Difficult for BA when people have such different views..

Users who are viewing this thread