Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

any reason why you bat like that? have you tried close battting camera (behind batsman view). in my view it's far and away the best camera. pro cam is nice but there are real blindspots and you don't see enough. close batsman is nigh on perfect.

I want to see a match as well as play, thats the only reason

I must confess I also tried out broadcast cam a few weeks back and I actually quite enjoyed it :)

I think the broadcast cam is ok for facing pace bowling but spin is very difficult on broadcast for me anyway.

Oh and another helpful tweak would be adding the option to leave a ball to one of the left or right stick buttons alone instead of both. I find it hard to press both buttons or switch to "A" button in a split second decision to leave the ball.

I think you've misunderstood - leave isn't both stick buttons, it's R3 on its own.

I think you've misunderstood - leave isn't both stick buttons, it's R3 on its own.

Oh! All this time I thought it was clicking both, just looked at the manual again and realized it says R click + L as in click the right stick and use left stick for footwork!

Thanks for pointing that out.

I'm struggling with edges especially when I try & play on the off side, the fear of edges have stopped me from playing off side totally - edges increase drastically when ur career player is playing against an international side in either ODIs or T20I's or Test internationals:(

Can Ross or the team tweak the game to reduce the edges a bit? I see a lot of posts complaining on the increasing number of edges...last thing I want is to get out edging when I'm on 40+ or 80/90+:mad

Also, when its caught behind and the umpire hasn't given out, though there is a clear nick sound + a clear spot on the hot spot the umpire ALWAYS rejects the review and gives not out which is a game bug.

I would like to see the umpire get a voice. Just simple stuff like at the start, 'play' and at the end 'last over' or 'that's stumps' would do, oh and 'lunch' and 'tea'. It could be a random voice you set for him through academy much like all the other players. The suggestions the community are coming up with would just add that final bit of polish to an admittedly already excellent game.

After Cricket 96 I'm quite happy to never hear any umpire again

My official patch 3 wish list:

a) Sorry to rehash this again, but there still needs to be more edges when bowling. The slip fielders are still too redundant to make it worthwhile chocking a slips cordon. I would LOVE to have a situation in the game that justifies setting attacking fields, with a Risk/Reward factor of possibly going for more runs.
b) Refer to a)

And that's about it.

The ability to edit players and team kits & equipment in career/tour/competition mode. Not skills just appearance.

AI's ability to place fielders and play according to situation as in BLC 99. This will make the game perfect.

Last edited:
@fiction :Is it possible to add double handed catches for all those which go to WK [even for usual takes]?? Currently the one handed sticking in the hand animation looks very unrealistic...Asking this because there's already both handed catches animation and beautiful dive animation for normal fielders, Adding that to the character of WK will make the catches look good...

Last edited:
kit changes in career mode.

Playing an entire english season then half an aussie season and getting the call up by England only to find out that for some reason the England T20 side play in whites and you can't ever change that without starting all over again is really irritating.

When selecting your line ups in team page and before a game, would it be possible to show the player role a bit more specific than just a bat/bowl/both icon. I think it would be more helpful to show handedness, bowling action and batsman type at least? Also, I have noticed that in the academy when I search for teams/players I'm no longer shown the creator/submitter like it was before.

Users who are viewing this thread