Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

ah ok fair enough. I guess this allows you to 'focus' your career eg. if you only want to play the shorter or longer formats of the game. Quite good that its been implemented although I don't know if I will use it (eventually want to get into the Test team).

I would agree

Career mode does need to include tournaments (ie a World Cup every 3-4 years, T20 world cups, Tri-Series One Dayers, Ashes Series etc)

That would be awesome

I would agree

Career mode does need to include tournaments (ie a World Cup every 3-4 years, T20 world cups, Tri-Series One Dayers, Ashes Series etc)

That would be awesome

That kind of thing is probably more likely for the next game than to be patched into this one.

There is one MAJOR request that needs to be implemented. Every time you release a patch, I should NOT have to restart my career for it to take effect. Thats what happened in past patches. As you know, cricket isn't a game you can 'level up' in a few hours nor should it be. It takes hours of playing to get better. We shouldn't have to lose all that progress in career mode in order to get the benefit of stuff that should have been fixed initially (if you know what I mean). There's nothing worse than having gone say 3-4 years into your career, finally make say the Aust Test team, and then have to start from scratch to get the benefits of the next patch.

If the above isn't the case, I'll remove my comment.

There is one MAJOR request that needs to be implemented. Every time you release a patch, I should NOT have to restart my career for it to take effect. Thats what happened in past patches.
Let's run it down:

Patch 1 - needed a restart if you chose to replace the teams and wanted to have the right players having the right role in the teams - a cosmetic change, but one I imagine a lot of people would have wanted. On my 360 career before the PC version came out I didn't bother restarting and had no issues.

Patch 2 - no restart needed. A change to the English Pro 40 tournament to make the matches 40 overs long instead of 50 took effect from the next season of your career, but didn't need a restart. It gave you the option if you wanted to restart to choose a different starting point for your career or different difficulty level, but nothing stopped you continuing your current career if you were okay with how it was going.

Patch 2.5 - net practice between games was added to career mode without any need to restart.

So nope. There was probably a good reason for a lot of people to restart with the first patch, because that bug was quite obvious when playing, but never has it been required, and that's the only change that has needed a restart to take effect.

As i mainly play career here's my 2 cents. I'm not going to repeat what others have said like AI batting to situation during career and better fields & such. As i know they will be addressed anyway :)

• I'd like to see the pitch degrading during the days play in career and on day four/five to get very uneven/slow & low and lots of turn on the correct type of pitch setting, as atm it seems when you simulate to career player this stops the pitch degrading as it should. Seems to stay exactly how it was on day 1 all through the match. This one bugs me the most for some reason :)
  • Keepers to spinners they seem a little too good for the thickish nicks which would go to 1st slip maybe slightly to the slips left and the keeper just takes a step to his right and sticks out a right arm and catches it.
  • Also the stumping animation seems a little slow when batsmen run down the track and miss, they get back alot more than they should i feel.
  • I feel once the batsman's shot been inputted if its a nick the keeper moves too early sometimes just after the ball has pitched, almost always before ball has reached the bat could this be slowed until the ball reaches bat? I know it's a small thing but just seems strange when seeing it.
  • Still some fielders slow jog to the ball in the deep.
  • Maybe bowlers bowling to set fields? i.e covers + slips good length outside off stump
  • Bowlers still switch sides of wicket too often in an over.
  • Maybe at the end of each season theres an option to use updated squads saved from academy to load in and lock down for the following season?
  • Maybe abit more noise/chirp around the bat from the fielders when 1st going in as their tails will be up also depending on match situations :)

I know a few are unrealistic to be added in the infamous patch 3. Just a few of my thoughts on this stunning game. it's the small things i look for a better immersive experience :) this game is so good and has so much done right we all are really nitpicking as this game has raised the standard of cricket games.

Last edited:
Patch 2 - no restart needed. A change to the English Pro 40 tournament to make the matches 40 overs long instead of 50 took effect from the next season of your career, but didn't need a restart. It gave you the option if you wanted to restart to choose a different starting point for your career or different difficulty level, but nothing stopped you continuing your current career if you were okay with how it was going.

Wait.........what?

Why did that happen?

I have no idea how simple this would be to implement, but I'd like to see the bars data carry over from when you save mid-game and not just disappear.

Wait.........what?

Why did that happen?
The actual tournament changed to 50 over matches in late September 2013 - just as the game was being completed so someone at Big Ant must have tried to drop in a quick change to make the in game Pro40 tournament a 50 over one instead to match what happens in the real world, but the other structures for the game were put in place when it was still 40 overs.

The game went out with a tournament labelled as the 40 over one but with 50 over matches. It was easier to change the length of the matches to 40 than to change the tournament structure to match the 50 over one that they now play, so we got that in patch 2.

Any updates on when this patch is coming out? I read a while back that it was supposed to be about the same time the next gen versions come out

in patch 3 improve commentary like fifa 2006 world cup germany pc game
& also crowd loudness as fifa 2006 germany pc game

in patch 3 improve commentary like fifa 2006 world cup germany pc game
& also crowd loudness as fifa 2006 germany pc game
Best commentary would be you yourself commentating when you play as any commentary would get boring over some time...As far as crowd sound yeah they can get is more to suit the grounds we play in...

Users who are viewing this thread