Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

As i mainly play career here's my 2 cents. I'm not going to repeat what others have said like AI batting to situation during career and better fields & such. As i know they will be addressed anyway :)

• I'd like to see the pitch degrading during the days play in career and on day four/five to get very uneven/slow & low and lots of turn on the correct type of pitch setting, as atm it seems when you simulate to career player this stops the pitch degrading as it should. Seems to stay exactly how it was on day 1 all through the match. This one bugs me the most for some reason :)
  • Keepers to spinners they seem a little too good for the thickish nicks which would go to 1st slip maybe slightly to the slips left and the keeper just takes a step to his right and sticks out a right arm and catches it.
  • Also the stumping animation seems a little slow when batsmen run down the track and miss, they get back alot more than they should i feel.
  • I feel once the batsman's shot been inputted if its a nick the keeper moves too early sometimes just after the ball has pitched, almost always before ball has reached the bat could this be slowed until the ball reaches bat? I know it's a small thing but just seems strange when seeing it.
  • Still some fielders slow jog to the ball in the deep.
  • Maybe bowlers bowling to set fields? i.e covers + slips good length outside off stump
  • Bowlers still switch sides of wicket too often in an over.
  • Maybe at the end of each season theres an option to use updated squads saved from academy to load in and lock down for the following season?
  • Maybe abit more noise/chirp around the bat from the fielders when 1st going in as their tails will be up also depending on match situations :)

Some very good points there Dridge the pitch degradation irks me also. Regarding keepers reduce their agility attribute, this stops the keeper diving in front 1st slip to take catches and imo has made the keeper act in a more realistic manner. Maybe reducing the anticipation attribute would help prevent the keeper moving too early also.

The bowler switching sides is very annoying even more so when you are bowling and really needs to be addressed.

I would love to see sledging added to the next edition especially if we could record our own and assign them individually, imagine being able to recreate the infamous "get read for a broken f**king arm" or the never gets old "there's a bit of crap on your bat"! Each player could be assigned a couple each for bowling, batting and fielding.

Would like to reiterate one suggestion a lot of other users must have mentioned. Just a simple one.

Currently the Field settings are determined on a Batsman-Bowler combination basis(which is great). But when a new Batsman comes in we are required to choose a Field setting for each one of them and the default field setting applied automatically to them is one from the generic field settings.

Instead of this it would be great if the last User chosen field for the bowler is applied to it by default. At most times we end up switching to the Field settings according to the bowler regardless of the Batsman at crease. Becomes very irritating in an Online match especially. Takes just that bit too much time.

Hope this will be looked into.

There should have more comps and licensed leagues
More equipment and more logos and sponspors
Players getting injured or just getting hurt sometimes

Whilst we're at it, a couple of things:

1. the sound of bat hitting ball is the same for different shots eg. AI blocks, pushes and slogs all sound the same.
2. we definitely need to be able to change players in the team in career mode. Even if someone mods this - its very important. Hell, even EA Cricket 07 had the ability to change your team before each game.
3. Bowlers going over/around the wicket is ridiculous. I faced an over of left arm orthodox spin (Jon Holland) and he changed from bowling over to around the wicket and back EVERY BALL. Same thing with McKay. Maybe the devs are watching a different game of cricket to me however bowlers don't change that often! yes they may bowl a few around the wicket but the majority of the time they bowl their stock ball over the wicket. This needs to be fixed.
4. the running between wickets graphics (ie. the two batsmen running) needs to be fixed - their helmets will appear/disappear constantly

I'm happy with almost everything else...just the above.

Just to add to the whole bowler changing from over the wicket and around. I would like to see some more consistency with their line and length. I feel that they are just pushing the ball all over the place rather than bowling in a good corridor for more than 2 deliveries. Maybe it's different above pro level but that is what I have seen so far.

For a future version of the game I would like to have the option of the other batsman call for a run as well and just not you controlling it all (including getting them to dive or ground their bat). I know this might lead to stupid run outs so the balance would be very tough to get right but it would be good to have the other batsman calling for runs too. It would introduce mix ups where you are screaming for them to get back into their crease.

And a minor gripe is the colour around the ball when determining the length. I feel it's a little bit off as there's times that a green indicator for a good length ends up almost being a yorker. For the minimal time we have to choose our shots it's a bit misleading to have that colour instead of yellow lets say because the initial selected delivery was a good length one. As I said it's minor and luckily the shot I want to play is the same but just makes it harder to go front or back foot when the length is 'wrong' so to speak.

I can't say I agree that all shots sound the same at all. They don't to me anyway.

I'm using the PC version and standard desktop speakers, however big hits and pushes sound the same. Could this be due to my audio system, etc? maybe....but I'm raising it all the same. If I'm wrong, I'm happy to be proven wrong.

I'm using the PC version and standard desktop speakers, however big hits and pushes sound the same. Could this be due to my audio system, etc? maybe....but I'm raising it all the same. If I'm wrong, I'm happy to be proven wrong.
I also would say that all shots doesn't sound the same, they are good the way they are in the game...Do you have woofer as well.. Is the speakers 2+1 or just 2 meaning with or without woofer? If without then that might be the issue that you feel all shots sounding like one...

Yep I have a subwoofer. I'm not saying ALL shots sound the same however I notice that the sound of a hit as well as the sound of a push are the same...can't be - a push doesn't have as much force as a hit.

Yep I have a subwoofer. I'm not saying ALL shots sound the same however I notice that the sound of a hit as well as the sound of a push are the same...can't be - a push doesn't have as much force as a hit.
Its more in-between defense and aggressive shot...So yeah the difference is not much but its there..If it was odd then I would have noticed it long back...

I have Played today and found there are some Update Done ,

One update changed Leave Button from B to A is good step , that was My Requested feature

I am facing some issue due to these Updates

1- Simulate : If any one click on Simulate button this Directly Simulate without Asking in career mode.
2- Second Important is I Play using Camera angle far bowling , while standing on running side this change camera angle now , Previous was cool and I could play for Long hours , Please put backup the old camera angle while standing in runner side in Career mode

I have Played today and found there are some Update Done ,

One update changed Leave Button from B to A is good step , that was My Requested feature

I am facing some issue due to these Updates

1- Simulate : If any one click on Simulate button this Directly Simulate without Asking in career mode.
2- Second Important is I Play using Camera angle far bowling , while standing on running side this change camera angle now , Previous was cool and I could play for Long hours , Please put backup the old camera angle while standing in runner side in Career mode
does this mean patch 3 has come out

Users who are viewing this thread