Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

Actually, two other requests for consideration re the career mode:

1. change the animation for the batsman at the non strikers end - when you cancel a run, they will not put their bat down and will jog back to the crease. Run outs happen quite often this way. They should slide their bat;
2. when scoring 50, 100, etc (ie. you the player), can we alternate between first person views and third person views, like the AI batsmen?
3. Can you please swap the first person celebration for 150 to 100? Scoring a century is a MAJOR milestone and yet the celebration is the same as scoring 50 (given we don't take off our helmets as is the standard practice). Atleast the 150 celebration looks like a real celebration where the bat is being waved.

Thanks

Last edited:
Stumps should light up when they get bowled
Have ground crew come out when it rains or have seagulls in the game or players come out with drinks
Have more stadiums with different size grounds and different styles of the ground

Is there already any option which would allow me to change Analog Stick usage according to batting hand of the Batsman?

For example for a Lefty I would like to use the Right Analog Stick for Foot placement and Left for the Shot selection. Certainly seems much more intuitive.

If such an option ain't already present shouldn't be any difficult to include I guess.

Is there already any option which would allow me to change Analog Stick usage according to batting hand of the Batsman?

For example for a Lefty I would like to use the Right Analog Stick for Foot placement and Left for the Shot selection. Certainly seems much more intuitive.

If such an option ain't already present shouldn't be any difficult to include I guess.
I'm pretty sure that you can invert the batting or something... if thats what u mean

I'm pretty sure that you can invert the batting or something... if thats what u mean

Well the inversion options provided allow you to change the Axes of the stick according to Camera angles. Which is required when you change Camera according to bowler or batsman's perspective.

But I'm talking about inter-changing the Sticks according to Batsman's stance or the Primary hand or whatever you may call it.

Last edited:
Stumps should light up when they get bowled
Have ground crew come out when it rains or have seagulls in the game or players come out with drinks
Have more stadiums with different size grounds and different styles of the ground

Perhaps you can post about stuff that is in the game and needs improving instead of the thousands of pointless things that arent

Actually, two other requests for consideration re the career mode:

Looks like a request to me....

Seriously though put it in the next iteration thread if it has anything along the lines of extra animations, shots, stadiums, lighting up friggin stumps. As Snowy said " post about stuff that is in the game and needs improving" and maidens in bowling figures of course.

Understand your point mate, but all I'm requesting is they change something thats actually there for what I think makes it more immersive.

The problem is, none of us really know how far BA will go in patching DB14. DB14 is a great game...probably the best cricket game ever developed for gaming but its not perfect. There are things which I believe should have been in DB14 at the time of shipping that are part of the actual game of cricket eg. being able to change the roster, batting order, etc.

How are we to decide what should be patched vs 'wait for the next iteration which could be in 3 years'? As the title of the thread says...Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist.....so, I'm providing requests :)

*edit*
this thread is 68 pages long. I know I've personally regurgitated the same stuff about 1000 times in those 68 pages. What would be great to hear from the Devs is exactly:
1. what are they fixing or looking at fixing
2. what sort of time frame they're looking at (ball park)

That way we the 'requestors' can stop posting about the same thing esp if its not even on the radar eg. I would dearly love for the career mode to have adjustable players. I don't particularly care whether its BA that patch it in or some hotshot young modder who mods it in - I'd like to be able to change players in my team every year - over a 20 year career people WILL retire. I don't want to be 36 still opening with a 47 y/o David Warner or facing a 57 y/o Chris Rogers playing for Vic.

Last edited:
1. Improve the sunlight heat shadows. The sunlight heat shadows makes the game look very blurry.
2. Improve the sunlight The sunlight makes the stadiums in the game look very glary
3. DLC graphics for Don Bradman Cricket 14. Make DBC14 look better for longer!

We know that @fiction has been collecting many of the wishes and details of bugs....how much of this can and will be oimplemented in a new patch is unknown. At the moment they are collecting issues from the next gen console release: hopefully they will be able to move forward on the next patch soon.....maybe @fiction is able to give some insight into this process?

Last edited by a moderator:
Likely said before but I will say it again. Separate batting and bowling difficulty levels.

Ability to change teams in practice mode.

All difficulty levels it would be nice if you could choose yes or no/on or off to left stick footwork. This would be similar to batting and bowling difficulty levels but add another dimension.

Select exact delivery type in the practice nets.

Last edited:
As a wishlist item I wouldn't mind seeing a bowling practice in career where you can get outswinger points for example. Maybe it's there already but I haven't come across it yet. If you can get points for batting against a bowling machine then surely you can get some points for doing some bowling in the nets?

Users who are viewing this thread