Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

Online or offline?? And were you the batsman??

offline, vs AI, i was the batsman. there was literally no feedback to me as the batsman to know i had edged it. i wasted a review on it and it was as the pic above showed a massive edge. that is not right.

offline, vs AI, i was the batsman. there was literally no feedback to me as the batsman to know i had edged it. i wasted a review on it and it was as the pic above showed a massive edge. that is not right.
Ok so this is the same problem which I have been facing for a long time now on PS3 too...When I bat no sound of edge but when I bowl no issue there...

Here :Posted issue in Bug reporting thread as well
@fiction :No Sound of edges off human.Played in career...

But no response regarding that....

Ok so this is the same problem which I have been facing for a long time now on PS3 too...When I bat no sound of edge but when I bowl no issue there...

Here :Posted issue in Bug reporting thread as well

But no response regarding that....

not that i would have ever walk anyway, but yesterday if the umpire had given it not out i couldn't even have earned the "walk" achievement

not that i would have ever walk anyway, but yesterday if the umpire had given it not out i couldn't even have earned the "walk" achievement
The only "walk" achievement I can do is walking away from the room..That achievement is the hardest to get in the game...:D

This is fairly (on the face of it) simple request:

Today we've a comparison of player skills shown in DBC Academy(when deciding batting lineup), can we have the same when selecting/editing line up for a match?

Here's a couple:

1) One of the things that annoy me, it has most likely been mentioned, is the poor implementation of skill points. Yesterday I played and missed a cover drive and got a +1 for front foot skill. In the same game I receive +1 Offcutter, when I was bowling to left-hander so it was actually a leg-cutter.

So with batting It appears that it doesnt even matter if you connect with the ball, if the game thinks you played the correct shot, irrespective, you will be rewarded? That cant be right...

2) AI bowling changes in career mode. So yesterday I ended up with my best bowling figures in an Innings...6/62 in the first Innings - I was super chuffed. Yet when the second innings rolls around, the first time I get the ball is in the 70th over!? Is there any logic to bowling changes? I would assume you give the ball to your best/most in-form bowler - not in this game.

Last edited:
Here's a couple:

1) One of the things that annoy me, it has most likely been mentioned, is the poor implementation of skill points. Yesterday I played and missed a cover drive and got a +1 for front foot skill. In the same game I receive +1 Offcutter, when I was bowling to left-hander so it was actually a leg-cutter.

So with batting It appears that it doesnt even matter if you connect with the ball, if the game thinks you played the correct shot, irrespective, you will be rewarded? That cant be right...

2) AI bowling changes in career mode. So yesterday I ended up with my best bowling figures in an Innings...6/62 in the first Innings - I was super chuffed. Yet when the second innings rolls around, the first time I get the ball is in the 70th over!? Is there any logic to bowling changes? I would assume you give the ball to your best/most in-form bowler - not in this game.

1) the skill points are assigned for you either hitting a 4 (+1), 6 (+2), or surviving a multiple of 6 balls (+1). the assignment is random based on the shots you have played (e.g. you might get +1 backfoot even if the ball it was assigned you played front foot, but you will have played a backfoot shot in the last 6 balls). same with bowling, it's not assigned on the actual ball bowled, it's based on the balls bowled throughout the over.
2)AI bowling changes, field sets etc. are just not right in the game, and requires considerable work via patching.

1) ... it's not assigned on the actual ball bowled, it's based on the balls bowled throughout the over.

I think that's the misleading thing. Im fine with the assignment of points by the conclusion of the over when batting, along with how it currently is when you hit a boundary etc. But assigning a +1 for something immediately after you've fudged a shot makes no sense.

The points aren't at the end of the over because it's based on every 6 balls faced, which can be split between overs.

I think that's the misleading thing. Im fine with the assignment of points by the conclusion of the over when batting, along with how it currently is when you hit a boundary etc. But assigning a +1 for something immediately after you've fudged a shot makes no sense.

but the alternative is that if the 6th/12th/18th ball etc you play bas you don't get a skill point. but what if you hit the other 5 balls well? would you be happy to not get a skill point because you played and missed one ball out of 6?

I think the skill points system is pretty good to be fair, when you look at the length of the career, and how quickly you can skill up. The only thing that bugs me is the AI tend to bowl a lot on leg stump and my front foot/onside skills are nearly full after 2 seasons, but my offside/back foot stats are quite low. I hope patch 3 addresses the bowlers line a bit. Also sometimes I've hits shots to the off side and been assigned points for something else, even onside points on occasion!

I think it has to do something with the old problem of physics vs animation. I have had similar problem in career mode. I don't get vibration and/or sound, given out, review, and I see huge hot spot. Certainly I don't like it. But I take it as, "okay there might have been a slight feather touch but the animation is quite exaggerated that is shown for hot spot." So what probably might needs to be done is tone down the exaggeration of hot spot and snicko as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread