Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

I know when I stump the AI now in the game, how my my left fist is immediately raised in the air in triumph, it would only be sweeter if the bails/wickets were flashing as the batter slumped and walked away.

I want that cinematic angle too. Sort of like a wk's view but lower. The batter sadly walking away and me and my squad mates fist bumping, high fiving and celebrating.

The coolest thing here with DBC is they could just take what they have given us, add the zings option, add in more animations and cinematics, tweak the gameplay, add in more kit templates and a true RGB color palette and this game would be golden.

Then drop in some new stadiums during the post release cycle.

edit: what if the "delay" and lack of news on patch 3 is because they are throwing all their resources at getting zing bails in the game? ;)

Last edited:
is there even slog sweep in the game? that should be added

Haven't seen a single response from the devs from a long time in this thread. Are they even considering our suggestions? Have they even started working on Patch 3? I guess not. Probably too busy with the new releases happening.

At the moment,I would be happy if they just fix the AI field settings. It's driving me crazy. Just a single fielder in the outfield in the 19 th over of a T20. :facepalm

It's amazing how such a remarkably well polished game missed out on the most important aspects like AI field settings and the CPU batting intelligence is ridiculous to be honest. Which gets amplified in Career mode when you are trying to get your team to a draw on the last day of a test match and from other end the AI throws their bat at everything.

But then I have had the game on 2 platforms since first release and I've seen it come a long way. Hopefully Big Ant would complete what they started.

I won't bother with detailed responses - life's too short to waste time on forums arguing points. We all have different points of view - thats fine, however when you get to personal insults....thats normally when you move on.

However I stand by my points. If you can't understand exactly what I'm trying to get across, then you know what to do :)

Haven't seen a single response from the devs from a long time in this thread. Are they even considering our suggestions? Have they even started working on Patch 3? I guess not. Probably too busy with the new releases happening.

At the moment,I would be happy if they just fix the AI field settings. It's driving me crazy. Just a single fielder in the outfield in the 19 th over of a T20. :facepalm

It's amazing how such a remarkably well polished game missed out on the most important aspects like AI field settings and the CPU batting intelligence is ridiculous to be honest. Which gets amplified in Career mode when you are trying to get your team to a draw on the last day of a test match and from other end the AI throws their bat at everything.

But then I have had the game on 2 platforms since first release and I've seen it come a long way. Hopefully Big Ant would complete what they started.

AI sadly lets the game down a lot, and as you say AI field settings in particular. I wouldn't take lack of response from devs to mean lack of attention.

hopefully soon there'll be some movement on additional updates and the AI improvements will feature significantly in it

big ant has done awesome job....! Cricket is very hard to replicate..and no one will ever be able to make a complete game because ai can never be spontaneous and can not improvise much..i will give an example..in recent India vs south Africa match...dale steyn was bowling to dhawan...after 2 full deliveries he sent fine leg square leg back with mid on mid off up...setting up for short delivery...which was just a bluff and bowled slower one which dhawan played over mid on for four...next delivery bouncer which dhawan played over short thirdman...you can not expect this level of tactics from AI...atleast now..I hope someday we will have a great cricket game....but again big ant you have made a giant first step towards that elusive perfect cricket game...AI field placing will always be the issue..but I guess AI batting will be much easier to tweak than fielding...! And ya more turn for spinners!

For me, the game would be nearly perfect if these things are taken care of in the next patch:

1. Sliders to determine the pace of fast bowlers: This was confirmed by Ross to be in the next patch, but I cannot for the life of me find his post now on BigAntForum. My reason behind having this is that the difference in difficulty levels between Amateur and Pro is too huge and mainly because fast bowlers bowl really quick on Pro and my reaction skills suck. I cannot time the ball against fast-bowlers unless I pre-meditate which shot to play. Having a speed slider will allow me to play on Pro (with manual footwork controls) and higher difficulty levels while still keeping the pace reasonably manageable for me.
2. Tweaking AI field settings / Intelligence
3. Fix super fielders (slow them down)
4. Make the game more mod-friendly

has ross told us when patch 3 is out because they could have made a new game by now

Yeah some info on Patch#3 would be nice...There doesn't seem to be any news on that..And there are so many tweaks required in the game and dont know the amount of issues they would cover with the patch...

The news is that they are looking at the response to the PS4/Xbox One version as part of the process of patch 3 - so that they can fix issues that come up on the new consoles with the same patch as the one going to PS3/360 and PC.

The PC version got a small update a few weeks ago to bring it in line with the PS4/Xbox One, so the build up is starting.

The news is that they are looking at the response to the PS4/Xbox One version as part of the process of patch 3 - so that they can fix issues that come up on the new consoles with the same patch as the one going to PS3/360 and PC.

The PC version got a small update a few weeks ago to bring it in line with the PS4/Xbox One, so the build up is starting.
Yeah I know that they are in process but they could have patched Co-op by now on PC as that will surely require a lot of feedback as it is both for online and offline and later with other AI tweaks and other fixes..So looking at this it will take minimum 2 months for them to come on consoles...

Yeah I know that they are in process but they could have patched Co-op by now on PC as that will surely require a lot of feedback as it is both for online and offline and later with other AI tweaks and other fixes..So looking at this it will take minimum 2 months for them to come on consoles...
The PC version isn't a beta - they need the mode to be tested and working to add it to PC, and they need to have the dev resources on hand to be able to do that work, and to be able to respond to feedback.

The PC version isn't a beta - they need the mode to be tested and working to add it to PC, and they need to have the dev resources on hand to be able to do that work, and to be able to respond to feedback.
Yeah I agree...

Well, maybe we should all prepare for a good wait yet before Patch 3 hits. I hope they aren't having problems because of how much is in it. The PS3 seems like it's really struggling to deal with how many things it has to compute in the game now, let alone with other features included. It'd be sad if they're good to go for Xbox One & PS4 (because they can handle it) and Xbox 360 & PS3 are having troubles. Who knows?

One more suggestion in relation to Fields. I've noticed that if you create, let's say 9 different fields:

Restriction 1
Restriction 2
Restriction 3
Balanced 1
Balanced 2
Balanced 3
Defensive 1
Defensive 2
Defensive 3

They'll appear in a jumbled order when you go looking for them and then find them in the fielding options. This has happened on both PS3 and PS4. Not a big one, but something I'd like to see fixed in Patch 3.

Users who are viewing this thread