Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

Parasite is....strong. But I agree with the overall sentiment. Going through and tweaking a few things takes 1% of the time that actually went in to the original creations. Unless you created everything yourself, there is no way you will ever be 100% satisfied.

You paid full price for the game, as did the people that put in all the work to make the teams for you.

Last edited:
Parasite is....strong. But I agree with the overall sentiment. Going through and tweaking a few things takes 1% of the time that actually went in to the original creations.

You paid full price for the game, as did the people that put in all the work to make the teams for you.
Hey Snowy when are the BBL teams gonna get uploaded? They look fantastic!

it's user created, it's not done by the devs. you can either have a fixed roster (whether unlicensed or licensed is irrelevant) or you can have user creation and flexibility. but that comes at the price of accepting that neither the creators or the voters know everything about the players, or about the game engine and how skills/attributes translate into gameplay. using get best and not checking the result is lazy and moronic. not understanding the vagaries of a crowd-sourced effort is retarded. calling the devs lazy for the outcome of a crowdsourced user-created tool is laughable. spending more time on this forum bitching about it than it would have taken to make the tweaks yourself is pathetic.

you know how we get the best "get best" teams? people here putting in effort to make the teams, to feedback to each other what's right and not and make tweaks. that's how the community has built up an unbelievable list of reliable, good teams not only matching the on-disc teams but tons of extra teams too. you see something wrong, tweak it, upload the result and tell people here... it'll get uprated.

but no, you'd rather bitch here and blame the devs for something palpably outside of their control. you could contribute but can't be arsed but it's the devs that are lazy.

you're a parasite.

Wow, that's incredibly strong and flat out rude. Pharoah has some points in amongst what he's saying. Some things he's said I agree with, some I don't.

Calling him or his points, lazy, moronic, retarded, pathetic, bitching and finishing by calling him a parasite? If you feel his words have made him unkind or something towards Big Ant, then that's worth pointing out, but the manner of your post has gone far below that level. I've seen more of that kind of talk supported or condoned on these forums than on any other.

I can understand some passion in what you say, but an equal measure of fairness and respect would do yourself some credit there. I usually have a great deal of respect for your opinion. Although, I'm fully expecting to be rudely insulted in return, but note the context of my reply and you'll find I'm not attacking you personally, but the manner of your response to Pharoah.

I myself am in the process of a major overhaul of my own squads, their attributes, their likenesses, their uniforms etc, on PS4. It is taking me a ridiculous amount of time. I'm past 30 hours and I've done a quarter of what I'd like to. I cannot download individual teams at present, as nearly everyone on PS4 knows right now. Even if I could, it takes a long, long time to find something that would even remotely be accurate across attributes, squads, likenesses, uniforms etc.

So, I am indeed "doing it myself" and certainly am not lazy. The time I've spent pushes me past the amount of time I've spent playing by a good margin, three weeks in now. I think Matt's idea of having curators in the Academy upvoting substantially better squads would be great and save me a lot of time. I don't feel the current circumstances are ideal, although of course this is Big Ant's first go at an amazingly difficult concept. I begrudge them nothing for their efforts.

I do however firmly believe it can be done better and most likely will be. If people cannot express their displeasure and suggestions though, it might misrepresent the community feeling.

I think a "I don't care about leaderboards" button would be a very good improvement. If someone wants to play a lop sided career, doesn't bother me in the slightest, and I think it's a poor reason to have a feature that limits the usefulness of the career team lists option.

We've got a feature that lets you swap sides out to play a South African or New Zealand domestic career, but then it locks your teams to be equivalent in batting strength to the county/state sides you replace.
It's a real negative in that use case.

Yup, a "Normalise" option before you start the career mode would do the job. By default "Normalise" option should be checked and if you uncheck the option to play a lop-sided career mode, the game should show a message about the career not being considered for leaderboards and if you still want to go ahead, you should be able to. Personally I would love to play a career mode with some teams as strong as WI team of 80s and some teams similar to current Eng odi team.

Wow, that's incredibly strong and flat out rude. Pharoah has some points in amongst what he's saying. Some things he's said I agree with, some I don't.

Calling him or his points, lazy, moronic, retarded, pathetic, bitching and finishing by calling him a parasite? If you feel his words have made him unkind or something towards Big Ant, then that's worth pointing out, but the manner of your post has gone far below that level. I've seen more of that kind of talk supported or condoned on these forums than on any other.

I can understand some passion in what you say, but an equal measure of fairness and respect would do yourself some credit there. I usually have a great deal of respect for your opinion. Although, I'm fully expecting to be rudely insulted in return, but note the context of my reply and you'll find I'm not attacking you personally, but the manner of your response to Pharoah.

I myself am in the process of a major overhaul of my own squads, their attributes, their likenesses, their uniforms etc, on PS4. It is taking me a ridiculous amount of time. I'm past 30 hours and I've done a quarter of what I'd like to. I cannot download individual teams at present, as nearly everyone on PS4 knows right now. Even if I could, it takes a long, long time to find something that would even remotely be accurate across attributes, squads, likenesses, uniforms etc.

So, I am indeed "doing it myself" and certainly am not lazy. The time I've spent pushes me past the amount of time I've spent playing by a good margin, three weeks in now. I think Matt's idea of having curators in the Academy upvoting substantially better squads would be great and save me a lot of time. I don't feel the current circumstances are ideal, although of course this is Big Ant's first go at an amazingly difficult concept. I begrudge them nothing for their efforts.

I do however firmly believe it can be done better and most likely will be. If people cannot express their displeasure and suggestions though, it might misrepresent the community feeling.

not understanding the concept of crowdsourcing and that it's out of the dev's control is moronic. being a member of this forum where we have a list of decent user created teams but relying on get best without being prepared to make changes to improve your experience is lazy . expecting other players to have created everything perfectly for you and not being prepared to make any contribution to that yourself is parasitic - I stand by that.

the PS4 issue sucks and if it was working properly i'd hope you wouldn't have to spend as long as you have. hopefully you'll eventually get much longer out of the game than you've spent setting it up. but kudos on you for spending that time.

To be honest, if you're not prepared to put in a little work yourself to tweak certain things, you really can't be complaining. Its not like these things are out of your control and you have to stick with poorly assigned attributes etc. I had said before the game came out last year that allowing some of the better creators to moderate the teams would be a more successful way of getting the best from "get best". But as is ATM, moaning about things you have the ability to fix but can't be arsed is like not voting in a general election then bitching cos you don't like the Government. Without licenses, this system allows us to have proper teams etc, fair play to BA for that, and even poorly created teams take time and effort to create, a few tweaks here and there for your own satisfaction isn't asking to much is it?

....could only happy to the Irish.

NO field radar. No. ...no. Jury is out for flashing lights, I think the stump lights are unnecessary but the bails, I don't mind. I would prefer the lights were green, or just white. Orange is a bit tacky. It's certainly useful in run-outs and stumpings to see when the bails actually leave the groove to get accurate dismissals.

I have to say, that made me actually like the zing bails. I saw Big Ant mention on the twitter that they were thinking about it, along with a field radar. So nay to the radar, yay to the zing.

I hope they do for both. If you're playing a game with a friend off-line the radar would be very useful for speeding up the game. When I have someone looking at the field four balls an over for 20 overs, I'd rather they were merely checking a radar. It's one of those things that people who don't like it, wouldn't use it. Although for some reason, it seems that people don't want those who like it to have it either.

While we're on the subject of the field. I'd like to be able to set a field for everyone and change it as I need it, rather than a new set of fields for every bowler and every batsman they encounter. Really slows games down.

I have to say, that made me actually like the zing bails. I saw Big Ant mention on the twitter that they were thinking about it, along with a field radar. So nay to the radar, yay to the zing.

To be honest I'm not a fan of either but as long as we can toggle them on/off then why not give the option as long as it's not to the detriment of gameplay issues being fixed.

While we're on the subject of the field. I'd like to be able to set a field for everyone and change it as I need it, rather than a new set of fields for every bowler and every batsman they encounter. Really slows games down.

Completely agree, if you change from one seamer to another you generally want to use the same field. More-so I'd like to be able to save fields in-game rather than in the academy as I like to put players in their most suitable fielding positions and this really slows the game down having to do it repeatedly. I sometimes end up overbowling bowlers as I cannot be bothered to keep altering the field.

Last edited:
I hope they do for both. If you're playing a game with a friend off-line the radar would be very useful for speeding up the game. When I have someone looking at the field four balls an over for 20 overs, I'd rather they were merely checking a radar. It's one of those things that people who don't like it, wouldn't use it. Although for some reason, it seems that people don't want those who like it to have it either.

Definitely slows down the game especially online...

Users who are viewing this thread