Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

I agree with the swing bowling but not the spin as there is only a drift no spin. I think you are not aware of the turning pitches in India subcontinents.

No I've been watching and playing cricket for over 30 years and wasn't aware of the turning pitches in India subcontinents. [HASHTAG]#enlightened[/HASHTAG]

there is definitely spin and swing. though spin may be can be a bit more exaggerated for sharp turns but definitely there a lot, currently sturggling against warne and oreilly in AUS ATB

Last edited:
My slight worry is that it seems like a patch is going to come out for all versions at the same time. Whereas before the p.c. peeps would get an update, give feedback on that, then another update would be released, tweaked according to the feedback given. Then us console players got it. This system was working well ( despite the moans from impatient console owners) up until September when it suddenly stopped.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but I trust the feedback from people on here far more than the devs who thought that 20 odd caught and bowled opportunities an innings, over 90% of boundaries to be aerial and those awful fields was acceptable. Still I wait to be proved wrong.

My slight worry is that it seems like a patch is going to come out for all versions at the same time.
No need to worry:
We're working on the next patch, we need to see what comes from the PS4/Xbox One release as there will be new players and new opinions/ideas that will come from it.

There is no definitive timeframe however I can say that the order of release will be Steam first and it will be then rolled out to the other platforms.

No I've been watching and playing cricket for over 30 years and wasn't aware of the turning pitches in India subcontinents. [HASHTAG]#enlightened[/HASHTAG]
I mean to say that there only 10-20% of spin but there should be more spin on the cracks. Pitches in Asia have more amount of Spin 50-60% or some time more than this.
I think you will get my point where i am not agreed with your observation.Yes there is good amount of swing but they should more work on Seam or the bowl skids into the batesmen.

I do hope however there is a decent period for evaluation before they say this is what we're rolling out...

The biggest concern for me is that (in my opinion) the most important gameplay changes are AI, and conditions, and I wonder if such things can be changed meaningfully via a patch, or indeed if Big Ant can get them right (given that they couldn't in the long long long development time). the AI kills this game stone dead at times, and the lack of meaningful condition variation really detracts from the experience.

I mean to say that there only 10-20% of spin but there should be more spin on the cracks. Pitches in Asia have more amount of Spin 50-60% or some time more than this.
I think you will get my point where i am not agreed with your observation.Yes there is good amount of swing but they should more work on Seam or the bowl skids into the batesmen.

The thing is the ball will turn a great deal at times, just not every ball which is a good thing. I've bowled balls that have pitched well outside off and gone on to hit leg as an offie. The problem lies with as Blockerdave once again quite rightly says is with the conditions. The last game I played it was more difficult to take wickets on the fifth day than on the first, on a so called wearing pitch. Sorting this issue out alone would go a long way in improving the gameplay.

I do hope however there is a decent period for evaluation before they say this is what we're rolling out...
It was certainly weird with the timing of 'Patch 2.5', where Big Ant seemed halfway through the process with working through things on the Steam version, and then the console patch came out that had issues that were already fixed on PC by the time it came out.

I have not played the version on console since the PC version came out, I'm interested if anyone thinks they have played enough of both the PC and 360/PS3 versions to be able to judge how different they are from eachother and what issues are more pronounced on which version. It probably doesn't help that we have one 'patch 3' thread, but half of us are playing on a slightly different version of the game to the rest.

Here's Ross' rundown of the PC Patch 1.14 changes:
Bowling Line adjusted for AI Bowlers
Pause will now show in ground Scoreboards
Look around added to LT for bowlers prior to Bowling
Moved Over/Around wicket to LB
Allow looking around as non-striker and fielder
Fix big screen not showing all innings correctly
Make sure spin bowlers can't bowl slower balls
Stopped overly slow spin bowling
Fix for Stumps flying from fielder throws and stumpings
Career #2 Batsman will now see first ball of innings
Random umpires selected for matches

The bowling line one would in theory be the main AI difference, but there could be other tweaks that weren't as obvious.

I was of the understanding that the game was currently the same for all versions. Another thing that doesn't help is that people are playing on different levels and there are differing issues for each.

The biggest concern for me is that (in my opinion) the most important gameplay changes are AI, and conditions, and I wonder if such things can be changed meaningfully via a patch, or indeed if Big Ant can get them right (given that they couldn't in the long long long development time). the AI kills this game stone dead at times.

This and your "bowling to a slot machine for three cherries" analogy are some of your best and most accurate points and concerns. If it were up to me, I would definitely consider you to be testing and offering critical feedback for these patches.

, and the lack of meaningful condition variation really detracts from the experience.

Yes! Could not agree more. Some things were almost perfect back in Brian Lara/Shane Warne Cricket days and this is one of them. The naming of the pitch types were descriptive in a more distinct way and they played exactly how they sounded. I've said all this before, but it's one of those things that falls squarely into the "ain't broke, so don't fix it" category.

Damp wicket - low, slower, outfield plays slower (day has obviously been wet), spin not very effectual.
Green wicket - nomal pace and bounce, ball moves very laterally off the deck, pitch often two paced or keeps low at times, spin there later on, but not pronounced.
Normal wicket - normal wicket pace, bounce, plays fairly true, spin there throughout, pronounced in later overs.
Dry/Hard wicket - Hard, fast, flat deck, lots of bounce and speed. Plays true, not much spin, none really early.
Dusty - Dry, hard, dusty wicket, good pace and bounce, more lateral movement off the pitch (not as much as green), lots of spin.

It didn't matter if you played 10 overs or 50. These conditions came into play at around the same percentage of time, in relation to the length of the game played.

This is all from memory. From a game I haven't played regularly for 10 years, but it was so well done. Loaded it up recently and yes, it was and shockingly still is the bench mark for conditions.

This and your "bowling to a slot machine for three cherries" analogy are some of your best and most accurate points and concerns. If it were up to me, I would definitely consider you to be testing and offering critical feedback for these patches.

Yes! Could not agree more. Some things were almost perfect back in Brian Lara/Shane Warne Cricket days and this is one of them. The naming of the pitch types were descriptive in a more distinct way and they played exactly how they sounded. I've said all this before, but it's one of those things that falls squarely into the "ain't broke, so don't fix it" category.

Damp wicket - low, slower, outfield plays slower (day has obviously been wet), spin not very effectual.
Green wicket - nomal pace and bounce, ball moves very laterally off the deck, pitch often two paced or keeps low at times, spin there later on, but not pronounced.
Normal wicket - normal wicket pace, bounce, plays fairly true, spin there throughout, pronounced in later overs.
Dry/Hard wicket - Hard, fast, flat deck, lots of bounce and speed. Plays true, not much spin, none really early.
Dusty - Dry, hard, dusty wicket, good pace and bounce, more lateral movement off the pitch (not as much as green), lots of spin.

It didn't matter if you played 10 overs or 50. These conditions came into play at around the same percentage of time, in relation to the length of the game played.

This is all from memory. From a game I haven't played regularly for 10 years, but it was so well done. Loaded it up recently and yes, it was and shockingly still is the bench mark for conditions.

Your correct that the conditions were distinct and that BLC/SW is still (amazingly and sadly) the benchmark although EA did a good job of copying them. You are wrong about the conditions changing throughout though as they were fixed values. I know this because I use to edit them.

As far as a patch is concerned they wouldn't even need for the conditions to change in game, day to day would suffice for the moment.

Your correct that the conditions were distinct and that BLC/SW is still (amazingly and sadly) the benchmark although EA did a good job of copying them. You are wrong about the conditions changing throughout though as they were fixed values. I know this because I use to edit them.

As far as a patch is concerned they wouldn't even need for the conditions to change in game, day to day would suffice for the moment.

Ahh, you'll be right about how they changed then. I guess it must've been that lower order players that came in throughout the innings that made the conditions seem to turn more. Still, I hope the point as a whole still retains it's value?

Still, I hope the point as a whole still retains it's value?

I'd say so. Added to that is that they also had differing outfield speeds, something else DBC appears to be missing. DBC is much improved in regards to the weather, I love it when it becomes cloudy during a game and the ball starts swinging more, had a game recently that was heading for a draw until a cloudy final session resulted in the 5 wickets required for victory.

Users who are viewing this thread