Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

Still I am not satisfied with the physics used for the spin bowlers as there is more drift and less spin.Give more turn in Asian turfs.

There are more bugs for example : when the batsman gets bowled the bails dislodge and start moving towards the boundary.

Weather Conditions as there are no clouds seen and it starts raining.
Add more field setups while customizing.

During nets training we should be able to practice with our own team player with their skills sets either bowler or batsmen.. for example Batting practice with Glen Maxwell and bowling with M.Starc.

I am writing this because this is the best game I've played so far but few more changes and updates will make it perfect. My best wishes are always with BIG ANT Team members hopefully next patch will cover our expectations.

Last edited:
Still I am not satisfied with the physics used for the spin bowlers as there is more drift and less spin.Give more turn in Asian turfs.

There are more bugs for example : when the batsman gets bowled the bails dislodge and start moving towards the boundary.

Weather Conditions as there are no clouds seen and it starts raining.
Add more field setups while customizing.

I am writing this because this is the best game I've played so far but few more changes and updates will make it perfect. My best wishes are always with BIG ANT Team members hopefully next patch will cover our expectations.

Are you on PC?

For me two wishes
1. Academy with in Career mode so that we can have updated squads with out restarting entire career
2. Ability to add more career team lists like Indian Ranji , SA Domestic etc to the current ones

Update player stats every game in a competition. As long as the match is completed the stats should be updated. Waiting until the end of the competition sucks

I agree with a lot of comments regarding spin. Playing right arm leg spinner in career and there is way too much drift. It makes it annoying to try to pitch it outside of off and spin into or away from the batsman. Bowling slower (pushing down on the right stick to release) seems to reduce the drift a bit but it doesn't cut away from the batsman as much as a top spin bowler should be able to.
That said, swing bowling it is a ton of fun the way it moves in the air and after it bounces.

I agree with a lot of comments regarding spin. Playing right arm leg spinner in career and there is way too much drift. It makes it annoying to try to pitch it outside of off and spin into or away from the batsman. Bowling slower (pushing down on the right stick to release) seems to reduce the drift a bit but it doesn't cut away from the batsman as much as a top spin bowler should be able to.
That said, swing bowling it is a ton of fun the way it moves in the air and after it bounces.

I think the whole of spin bowling is a 10/10 for originality and an idea to try and bring new life to spin. I also however think it needs a major overhaul.

The drift is a little ridiculous, in fact I'm tempted to say a lot. With a lot of the spin bowlers I've used, drift is usually one of the lower set attributes, yet it plays out the most strongly. It needs tuned down. The ball should pitch and spin more off the deck. It seems like everyone feels this as it's one of the rare things I've only seen agreement on.

Some might like the three-time rotational method and maybe for that reason it should still be in there or only on the highest two levels, but really there should be an option for a half-turn (maybe at most a full turn) in there somewhere. I have friends who've played dozens of games now and still try and ignore their spinners, because it's awkward, it's hard to focus on the other parts of delivery control and it often doesn't feel like they can control it's line properly. It almost feels like the delivery line is more sensitive than with pace somehow, although that might be due to having so much else going on while delivering the ball.

Finally, it doesn't seem like you can over step and no-ball which even spinners have had to worry about once in a while.

Nothing wrong with a rotational method, it's just a little overwrought in my opinion.

Hey guys first post on here but I have been reading heaps of comments here whilst bored at work wishing I was home so I could continue my career..

In regards to the fielding issue and a.i bowling the idea of a bowling plan I.e how are they gonna get the batsmen out is something that could really boost cricket games to the next level and would love to see it integrated in dbc14/15

I think it doesn't have to be too complicated but you could resolve the fielding placement issue of the a.i in the same step for example have set fields that you and the a.i can choose from that are designed for a certain type of bowling. When the a.i chooses a type of field then they will be coded to bowl more of a certain style.

This way we could have for example fielding for new ball pace bowler with loads of slips and offside fielders and the a.i would bowl lots of balls around off stump on a good length. And you could have a spin field for bat pad catches and pack fielders around the ball and the bowler would bowl spinning into the stumps. I'd love to this integrated with player strengths and weaknesses so you could have a pre set field for short ball to batter who is weak against the short ball. Then there would be slips and maybe a leg slip for edges and things and the a.i would throw in more short balls to the batter. It would stop the a.i field placement being nothing like what the a.i is actually bowling and add another dimension the game. This can also be like scenarios within game so if they are attacking you with off stump deliveries and you start to get on top scoring through the offside then then a.i might change to a conservative field in which the plan becomes more stop runs and the bowling becomes conservative. Would also add to the a.i in game awareness if there is only a few runs needed in the dying stages the a.i would choose a run conserving field and be coded to bowl tight on the stumps and Yorkers etc

Maybe you could get achievements for executing a plan or surviving the bowlers plans for getting you out

@fiction :The AI fielders throwing at a great speed at just a flick of the wrist should be converted to the normal throw animation [which is there in the game].

Camera should be fixed on to the fielder its going to...I am using Fielding camera 2 which shows the third man cam when the fielder in the inner circle fields it, more run outs happening because of this...Same with overthrows as well....Sometimes the cam is also fixed on the batsman and does not move anywhere after the shot is played...

Please reduce the amount of through the bat shots and make them more realistic, like what you see is what you get kind...Maybe its not possible to get it 100% but 80-85% will be more than enough to make it realistic...

After playing the game for so long both on PS3 and PC I am finding that the input and animation of the foot movement is not correct, many say its fine but he does move more towards leg for input of a straight LAS, not always but more enough to note it...I am fine with the shots going to another direction than intended as its the best thing in the game with the brilliance of the ball trajectory but just need the foot movement to be what I have assigned and not what the animation feels like...

Also stop the WK or fielder nearby from picking up the ball which is rolling on to the stumps it prevents from get bowled that way...And WK catch or ball anticipation to be more realistic...No WK can take a catch which is edged and is at the WK neck level, it just goes past him but can be caught by a slip....

@fiction :The AI fielders throwing at a great speed at just a flick of the wrist should be converted to the normal throw animation [which is there in the game].

Camera should be fixed on to the fielder its going to...I am using Fielding camera 2 which shows the third man cam when the fielder in the inner circle fields it, more run outs happening because of this...Same with overthrows as well....Sometimes the cam is also fixed on the batsman and does not move anywhere after the shot is played...

Please reduce the amount of through the bat shots and make them more realistic, like what you see is what you get kind...Maybe its not possible to get it 100% but 80-85% will be more than enough to make it realistic...

After playing the game for so long both on PS3 and PC I am finding that the input and animation of the foot movement is not correct, many say its fine but he does move more towards leg for input of a straight LAS, not always but more enough to note it...I am fine with the shots going to another direction than intended as its the best thing in the game with the brilliance of the ball trajectory but just need the foot movement to be what I have assigned and not what the animation feels like...

Also stop the WK or fielder nearby from picking up the ball which is rolling on to the stumps it prevents from get bowled that way...And WK catch or ball anticipation to be more realistic...No WK can take a catch which is edged and is at the WK neck level, it just goes past him but can be caught by a slip....

I would leave it as it is coz there are way to many "played on" dismissals already. Nearly every game I add to "Bad luck mate" XP points and needs to be toned down as you don't have that many played on to wicket dismissals in actual cricket game.

I think the whole of spin bowling is a 10/10 for originality and an idea to try and bring new life to spin. I also however think it needs a major overhaul.

The drift is a little ridiculous, in fact I'm tempted to say a lot. With a lot of the spin bowlers I've used, drift is usually one of the lower set attributes, yet it plays out the most strongly. It needs tuned down. The ball should pitch and spin more off the deck. It seems like everyone feels this as it's one of the rare things I've only seen agreement on.

I found the same so I played around with drift settings until I got it to a point I liked. Amazingly the best setting for drift is between 0-3. Set like this your stock delivery ( up/diagonal right for n offie) will have no or very little drift but selecting a drifting delivery will give you a decent amount of drift. This has personally improved the spin bowling experience by a fair margin. I would highly recommend you giving it a go.

Some might like the three-time rotational method and maybe for that reason it should still be in there or only on the highest two levels, but really there should be an option for a half-turn (maybe at most a full turn) in there somewhere. I have friends who've played dozens of games now and still try and ignore their spinners, because it's awkward, it's hard to focus on the other parts of delivery control and it often doesn't feel like they can control it's line properly. It almost feels like the delivery line is more sensitive than with pace somehow, although that might be due to having so much else going on while delivering the ball.

I think spin bowling and the bowling controls in general is the one thing that Big Ant have got spot on. The only improvement I would add is the ability to use the crease as a spinner much in the same way as we can change the angle of delivery with the seam bowlers.

Spin bowling really does take a while to master in this game and I love it for that reason. Once you do you will be able to control the line well. For me personally I find it easier bowling outside-off to lefties around the wicket than I do bowling an outside-off line to right handed batman over the wicket even though I bowl the latter far more than the former example. I'm sure this is different for everybody. It's just what comes naturally I guess.

With good spin bowlers you can rotate the stick just once or half or whatever floats your boat again this all comes with practice.

I would leave it as it is coz there are way to many "played on" dismissals already. Nearly every game I add to "Bad luck mate" XP points and needs to be toned down as you don't have that many played on to wicket dismissals in actual cricket game.
Yeah I agree on that but WK running through the stumps is very irritating to be honest atleast they can come around to do that...[DOUBLEPOST=1426562220][/DOUBLEPOST]The thing to be seen is the amount of tweaks they make in the game with these many amount of suggestions....

@BigAntStudios @fiction
Consider this a vote of support for existing game physics w.r.t. bowling to AI.

I've immensely enjoyed my time bowling at AI. How I go about doing that is I look at the AI batsman's weakness and bowl to it - along with a field placing to support it. So, bowling bouncers to players who have a back foot weakness is something I've recently started doing and its working wonders. Mind you, these are not cheap wickets. The AI still score runs, some times way more than I expect(which is good) just that my 'plan'(along with execution) does seem to make a difference.

There are few more 'plays' that I've in my arsenal like bowling cutters once the ball gets old to tie up one end until the batsman gives - mostly a catch in cover region or hoick over to square leg. Some are more 'exciting' than others but most of them DO seem to effect the outcome of each game.

This post is not to undermine the other requests to tweak the gameplay but is definitely a post against the posts that claim bowling is 'completely' broken - because its not.

Once again, Good Job at making this wonderful game!

Users who are viewing this thread