Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Did anyone from BA confirm if 4 players can play together after patch 3? Even if its offline only. Would be great to play with freinds when we get together.

Had some time to play the game in the last couple of days. I am sure these are things people already mentioned here but going to post about these again:

1. After coming down the ground, going back to the crease should be manual. So should be stumping.currently both seems automatic and i have never been stumped or been able to stump someone when batsman is coming down the ground to play a shot.

2. No matter what shot i play, pressing the circle should initiate the animation of batsman grounding the bat incase his feet slides out of the crease. A few times i have noticed if i leave the ball, the batsman drags his feet out and the wicketkeeper stumps him . The batsman doesnt seem in any hurry to get back.

3. While catching a throw from a fielder, the wicketkeeper/bowler sometimes literally slides/jumps to a new position in the last second. Looks very odd. A more smoother animation or a more accurate throw would be preferable. If that is not possible, then maybe the wicketkeeper can run to the correct position when the throw is coming in rather than wait for the last second. It would make the game look a whole lot smoother.

4. It seems impossible to play square shot on the off to anything full.

5. This is purely cosmetic. Sometimes when i play a shot with great timing and the ball passes a fielder, the fielder dives to stop the ball, after the ball has gone another 20 meters past him. It would be Nicer if fielder dives early and barely misses it, would look cooler.

That is all i can think of right now.

manav599

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
1.AI bowling line up must be tweaked. Even in Test matches, it is always 3-4 over spell if the bowler isn't getting wickets. This means if you are playing against India, there can be a spinner bowling as early as the 7th over on a green track in the 1st innings.
2. Advancing down the track and playing grounded shots for singles/fours.
3. Sweep shots for 6.
4. Cross batted shots straight down the wicket.
5. Defensive shots with soft hands for singles inside 30 yard circle.
6. Chip Shots
7. More Stadiums
8. More varieties of Pitches like damp, colour and height of grass.

Last edited:

Brijesh

Club Cricketer
Game is awesome but if below points could be Added /Modified then it will become a super awesooooooome game :cheers

Replay System :

1. There should be replays from 2-3 angles.
2. In some cases replays are not shown like in case of LBW.... which should be there.
3. Replay angles are not correct like in case of an edge caught by keeper or slip fielder should be shown from front camera but currently it doesn't show that way.
4. If DRS system is ON in a game then no replays are shown for any wicket if you are not going for the review .
5. Commentary should be there in between replays as well...... like real world commentary.

Gameplay:

1. Advance ground shots - AI plays it but there is no option for us to play the same.
2. AI batting in the slog overs - AI does not play aggressive shots in the slog overs infact it plays more defensive. Specially in the last two overs of the innings it defends while both batting first & chasing.
While chasing the target , AI should bat according to the required run rate & while batting first it should go full monty to score as many as it can in the slog overs. I played a lot of matches in which AI requires more than a run rate of 10 per over but it defends most of the balls & doesn't try to win the game.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
@fiction : I forgot to mention this that the BARS should be taken by the captain but in the game its always taken by the third person i.e WK, bowler and the third person..The thing is he is not the captain at all times..For eg: Dhoni [WK] should be taking the review but other players like Ishant, Kohli are taking it...

Not a big one at all but its there ...

satt294

Club Cricketer
The very first feature I request is this: auto-save feature to automatically save the game every over (career/single player). Some times all the match progress is lost due to unexpected closing of game (like my windows rebooted automatically after update). Once I scored 200+ in first innings and 50+ in second innings (career) and I needed just 17 of 20+ overs when the game got closed due to power failure and I had to start the game from start. Missed finishing a perfect test match!!!

Please do this on priority!

Some ideas: Maintain auto-saves of last over and over before that. (So two auto-save files), and delete the earliest one so that game closing suddenly, you will lose only 6 balls (max). Even if power goes off during the current auto-save the game could be loaded from the previous over's auto-save.

Don't make the save manual so that it can be reloaded and played if a player loses his wicket!

fiction

County Cricketer
@fiction : I forgot to mention this that the BARS should be taken by the captain but in the game its always taken by the third person i.e WK, bowler and the third person..The thing is he is not the captain at all times..For eg: Dhoni [WK] should be taking the review but other players like Ishant, Kohli are taking it...

Not a big one at all but its there ...
Technically, it should be Kohli taking the reviews on tests anyway.

icecoolrathor

School Cricketer
I haven't read all the replies so it might have been suggested earlier also.
In Career Mode:
At the end of the match, the player gets some money like in real cricket from the board and also few extra if the player is selected for the man of the match or most number of sixes. By that money the player can either upgrade his kit or unlock certain skills/ability. The idea is very raw at this point of time but we all can discuss over it.

Tim4

School Cricketer
worst thing about this game IMO is if you press down to hard on the right stick.. you leave the ball, so frustrating when it happens on full deliveries - which is happening to me all the time. The option of tinkering with the controls would be great.

DevilzTutor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
worst thing about this game IMO is if you press down to hard on the right stick.. you leave the ball, so frustrating when it happens on full deliveries - which is happening to me all the time. The option of tinkering with the controls would be great.
Have some wine or beer before starting the game ;)

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I only have one request for a game that will then be perfect in my opinion.

Can AI batsmen behave more like their stats and attributes would suggest

Thanks!

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
One fairly simple (I'm guessing) thing that would make a big difference for me would be the ability to set pro cam as the auto replay camera. I'd really enjoy seeing an exact replay of the shot I just hit as I saw it - though I'm still thinking slo mo - and it would be really useful for learning the timing and spotting deliveries to hit as they come out of the hand.

Currently you can select 1st person cam for the batsman in replay, but this doesn't seem to produce the same angle or camera behaviour. Plus it takes a lot more time out of the game to go into replay mode and fix the settings.

Users who are viewing this thread