PC demo released

Well i've hit a brick wall already.

The game does not work with my logitech rumble pad 2 for some reason. It detects it in the control setting, but does not work in game when i select England. When i select England, there is no keyboard or control pad icon, just a number 1 icon. In controls, number 1 is set as the logitech pad. :facepalm

I have the same gamepad and it is working flawless. Also will there be a demo expander??

Hey people, i installed it, and when i click on it, nothing comes up, does that mean it doesnt work on my com?

Yeah pretty much. Mine goes passed the first few thing and to the loading screen before it goes to white. Probably means there's only 1 or 2 things that don't work. Can't change anything else though considering it's a laptop.

Going along at a healthy 250kb - 300kb per second, done in around half an hour.

Edit: Scrub that - 350kbps + now.

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Guys if you have a decent graphics card/pc then you gonna love this demo. I must say it is definately better than the 360 demo. Brett Lee in for Austrailia and overall the game is less buggy and plays smoother/slicker.

Good! What are your first impressions - any sign of the runout problem? Or maybe I should post this in the demo impressions thread, un;ess we've got a separate one for PC since it's the superior machine. :p

Going along at a healthy 250kb - 300kb per second, done in around half an hour.

Edit: Scrub that - 350kbps + now.

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Good! What are your first impressions - any sign of the runout problem? Or maybe I should post this in the demo impressions thread, un;ess we've got a separate one for PC since it's the superior machine. :p

I can't really compare the with the Xbox on the run out issue, but so far I haven't run the CPU out once, though they take what look like some very risky runs, they always seem to make them, apart from once where they took a suicidal run, but Anderson decided not to catch the ball and take off the bails so they made it back.

On another note I've found the CPU fielding to be rather poor, I'm probably making 4-5 runs an innings on overthrows.

Edit: Scrap that, just played another match and the CPU made two suicidal runs, both resulting in the batsman being miles out, so it seems this problem still exists

Last edited:
Argh, that's annoying.

I have the wireless version, do you?

Nein it's the wired one :) So maybe some problem there. I am unable to field correctly though, the whole controller is messed up and we can't configure it :(

Can someone confirm if their control pad works to naviagate the menus or if they have to use the keyboard?

Nein it's the wired one :) So maybe some problem there. I am unable to field correctly though, the whole controller is messed up and we can't configure it :(

Oh dear i hope the game works with wireless controls, or more specifically logitech wireless controllers.

Mine works, but the controls seem really weird in game. Ie, all the buttons on the right side are shifted around one if that makes sense. right button (O on a PS controller) plays the mapped top button.

I've downloaded and installed, but when I run it, the game freezes during the 'Codemasters' intro movie. Nothing to do with my system specs, my comp is FAR above them.

Tried running in safe mode / compatibility for XP (I'm on vista) and stuff but it's just the same :noway

Oh dear looks like the game does not support my control pad Logitech Cordless Rumble Pad 2. :doh

Wait, intro movie? I must have missed that!

Their installer is piss poor, too. It took several tea breaks while it was decompressing/installing mine.

It sounds as though this demo is not well optimised - a lot of people with decent systems are having problems. Sort it out for the full game, Transmissions, it'd be a great pity to ruin it with technical issues!

80% done.

Anyone got any suggestions for me, i don't want to use the damn keyboard. :noway

Users who are viewing this thread