PC demo released

Oh dear looks like the game does not support my control pad Logitech Cordless Rumble Pad 2. :doh

I have the same pad, not at home at the moment though so unable to test with it. There's been this problem before with GRID, another Codemasters related game, not supporting it, and there was an unofficial fix which was eventually patched. I'll dig around the config files to see if theres a similar command as there was with GRID, I remember the frustration well.

As for system performance, I'm maxing it on my laptop at 1680x1050, 9800m GTS, 4GB RAM, 2.4ghz C2D. Fraps reports 60fps with V sync enabled, as does Xfire. V sync off I havent tried, I dont like the tearing.

Game itself? Love it.

Last edited:
i have to say this game has grown on me. I've been playing for about an hour now and it is just very realistic.
For example, I bowled a menacing bouncer with Flintoff hitting Hughes in the head. His confidence went from confident to timid, i then put on a very attacking field with only 1 man outside the circle. Flintoff bowled an outswinger from around the wicket, Hughes nudged his bat at it (rather timidly) and edged to gully. Needless to say i was very happy with myself :D

I have the same pad, not at home at the moment though so unable to test with it. There's been this problem before with GRID, another Codemasters related game, not supported it, and there was an unofficial fix which was eventually patched.

Oh dear, this isn't what i wanted to hear. Have to admit, never heard of a unsupported logitech pad before.

It sounds as though this demo is not well optimised - a lot of people with decent systems are having problems. Sort it out for the full game, Transmissions, it'd be a great pity to ruin it with technical issues!

80% done.

Mine is fine, yours should be too.

Dual core 2.4Ghz
2GB DDR2
Geforce 8600GT

Runs like a dream.

Gas - You on the latest drivers? Failing that, pick up another cheap controller somewhere. It does seem to be random with the compatibility with gamepads.

Anyone got any suggestions for me, i don't want to use the damn keyboard. :noway

Maybe just purchase a wired rumblepad :P, JK
I don't think you can get the controller to work with the demo. There are hardly any options :(

Also anyone of you know if this demo can be extended? Please reply..

I'm running this on an Intel Imac 2.8Ghz 24" @ 1920 x 1200 (8800GS) everything FULL without a problem! Don't know what the fuss is about.

Dual core 2.4Ghz
2GB DDR2
Geforce 8600GT

Runs like a dream.

My laptop with a 7150M is able to run the game in full steam!!!! So for a 8600GT, it's a piece of cake. My desktop has the latest nvidia card so either ways I am happy now :)

Dual core 2.4Ghz
2GB DDR2
Geforce 8600GT

Runs like a dream.

Gas - You on the latest drivers? Failing that, pick up another cheap controller somewhere. It does seem to be random with the compatibility with gamepads.

Good stuff. Has anyone managed to set the game up with the 360 pad?

OK, it's downloaded. Now to install it.

play it in SAFE MODE those who are having trouble.....maybe that'l help??

If your Hardware isn't good enough to run the game, it won't make any difference.

Actually got given a 360 pad with this PC, I'll check it out.

Also, I wish some of the legend patch makers return to patch this game and make it more interesting :)

The controls of this game is a bit weird to me.. though I'm catching up with it. Running fine @ 168X1050 and it looking pretty shiny. Will post some screenies a bit later.

Users who are viewing this thread