FOOTBALL Pes 2011

So how will it be?

• Total voters
I'd be confident that it will be the same on PC next year.

The reason FIFA 11 isn't the same is becuase they were porting stuff over from 10/WC when FIFA 11 was in development, so they were aiming for a moving target really trying to make it the same as 11 360/PS3. They said this on a podcast if I remember correctly.

Next year they won't have this problem :).

Well, at least that means they won't have any excuses next year. ;)

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:
Also a great example of something you'll never see on FIFA, a goalmouth scramble where anything can happen...

?

I don't see that video as a positive for PES...

I've had many a realistic goalmouth scramble in FIFA anyway

One thing that makes the game a bit more appetizing is that you can create your own stadiums. What's a good site to find downloads of them?

I agree that it's not massively realistic, but it at least shows that the game is completely unscripted and events are made up on-the-fly, as I said, making anything possible.

From my experience, on FIFA you already know the outcome of a situation before it plays out almost every time;
Player shoots from Position X, Keeper is at Position Y = Save
"" "" = Goal

I havn't had (or even seen a video of) a realistic goalmouth scramble on FIFA, the goals are WAY too repetitive, imo.

lol years later and the same argument

i think thats how it used to be not anymore though, PES is lacking BIG time......the gameplay is just fake and not realistic at all, the game itself looks trash and there just lacking big time, especially in the demo ball sticking to feet etc

There's still a good chance that I'll buy both for the first time ever: Fifa 11 for 'ordinary' football and PES 11 for BaL - Fifa's feature is useless, you can't even have half a career in four seasons!

As for the ability to create/add stadiums, EA really missed a trick with that one! I reckon it'll be in Fifa 12 - the console versions at least eh, EA? ;)

Does anyone know how to skip the video at the end in the demo?

it is usually the same argument madman but we all know your a pes fanboy xD

here we gooooo wheres evofan and culli. Nah i'm kidding but you are a fanboy lol

Same argument because the same stuff applies... EA still have the same problems that they have always had when it comes to making repetitive unrealistic sports games. Even NBA Elite, Madden, NHL etc. have similar issues

FIFA 08, 09 and 10 were that much better than the PES games at the time that they seemed like good games, and I enjoyed them, but they were still nothing like football, and neither is the FIFA 11 demo.

PES may be less advanced in animations, ball physics (deflections) and features, but it is FAR more realistic in pretty much every other area and is a much more accurate simulation of football... I'm not telling anyone what to play, I'm not doubting FIFA can be fun, but it's not realistic.

Also, I'd say that FIFA has more of a problem with the ball sticking to the feet, especially with the first touch, and as for the game looking like trash - the lighting and colours are great, I find FIFA a bit cartooney.

EDIT - FIFA 11 vids;

Ridiculous easy passing;
One of their main features, non-existant.

MB: Looks like the passing is actually better on the PC version, because for one thing if you underhit a pass, it won't magically ping across the pitch!

Player reactions/physics (full game);
(not my video, downloaded from here)
I know it's only one short clip, but this is a common occurrence where player momentum isn't taken into account, making the game a tackle-fest...

So yeah, unrealistic/arcadey.

As I said before, the physical element has been pushed a little bit too much to the fore and I would like to see it toned down. Maybe it has been in the full game - those builds were around six or eight weeks old. It won't ruin my enjoyment of it though - it's not doing in the demo.

I sure as hell am not a PES fanboy, tbh I'm probably more of a FIFA fanboy, but this year, FIFA is by and large the same, while PES has vastly improved.

Users who are viewing this thread