Planetcricket.net Official Review

One of my major gripes is that whenever I bowl a ball which beats the bat there is always a spectator in the crowd who yells 'WHOOOOOOOO'. It's just damn annoying.

well..i for sure wont buy the game now.
i was just waiting for colin's review as he was the one who defended
blic05 THE MOST !!! and of course, how can i forget RIPPA MATE :rolleyes:

anyways..colin giving the gameplay 3 is more than enough evidence for
me reg how BAD this game is.

thanx colin for giving a neutral review ! :clap

Last edited:
barmyarmy said:
I'm encouraged by that. You're using test difficulty? Are there defensive shots ever or is it just all attacking shots that don't reach the boundary?

Test difficulty FTW, and yes there are defensive shots and also i miss the bat quite often, just about line and length and the amount of swing/spin.

King Pietersen said:
Test difficulty FTW, and yes there are defensive shots and also i miss the bat quite often, just about line and length and the amount of swing/spin.

ok...this needs clarification for sure...given how hotly debated the AI is...this might be the most promising thing ive heard yet in the last few days! :)

so KP and others can you please elaborate on what is causing this amazing discrepancy: is it the 360 vs PC version? is there some other bizzare setting (maybe related to the field/team/bowler who knows) that causes the AI to play defensively? ideally can you one of you replicate the other's exact scenario and see what results you get? thanks

(I've only played the demo and the AI hasnt played one defensive shot ever)

Thats Shocking, Im not gonna buy this if its THAT bad lol. I was hoping for the best game ever. And Now it comes to this

jk16_4 said:
i was just waiting for colin's review as he was the one who defended
blic05 THE MOST !!! and of course, how can i forget RIPPA MATE :rolleyes:

ha ha, itll be a few weeks yet before i can as im going on 3 weeks holiday at the end of this week.

ulukai said:
ok...this needs clarification for sure...given how hotly debated the AI is...this might be the most promising thing ive heard yet in the last few days! :)

so KP and others can you please elaborate on what is causing this amazing discrepancy: is it the 360 vs PC version? is there some other bizzare setting (maybe related to the field/team/bowler who knows) that causes the AI to play defensively? ideally can you one of you replicate the other's exact scenario and see what results you get? thanks

(I've only played the demo and the AI hasnt played one defensive shot ever)

I'm playing the 360 version and it's every bit as poor as the PC version by all accounts. At test level, in a 10 over a side World Cup match, Kenya made 7-1 in reply to my 155-2. They refuse to put fielders on the boundary, refuse to stop bowling "good length" balls (which always go over the stumps and can always be pulled away) etc. I haven't played Brian Lara 2005 in well over a year, and never on the XBox 360, but I've won every game so far on test level without any difficulty whatsoever - not even a challenge at all. Test matches or one-dayers.

As for the on-line version, it is fun playing on-line, but:

- No explanation of how World Cups etc. on-line work in the manual (you're not going to really get 16 players sitting down for the day to play an entire tournament, so how does saving, carrying on with them etc. work?).

- No penalty (that I can see) for quitting out of games, so you can quit when you're about to lose for no penalty.

- No on-line stats (not even wins/losses, never mind runs scored/conceded, highest innings, best bowling etc.).

- No way to see your opponent's stats (a division system like Pro Evo would have been sensible).

Basically, it is fun on-line, but only really playing against your friends who you know aren't going to quit out on you. It's a waste of time trying to play on the "ranking" on-line games as most opponents will quit before you get chance to beat them, knowing there's no penalty for it.

The game is horribly bugged and feels completely unfinished. I'd be interested to know if Codies are planning on patching it, both on console and on the PC, as if not you really can't justify spending ?40 plus on an unfinished game.

evertonfan said:
One of my major gripes is that whenever I bowl a ball which beats the bat there is always a spectator in the crowd who yells 'WHOOOOOOOO'. It's just damn annoying.

Couldnt agree more it drives me insanse!

I rented the game out today, just a 20-20 vs Zimbabwe on Village level, bowled the out for 16. Will do a bit harder test in a bit.

Why do we always suffer?

-------

Things that BLIC2007 is useful for....

Hitting a century with Vaughan in ODIs (165 off of 104 balls).
Hitting sixes with Monty.

I'm done.

Shocking game, Shocking AI. Worse than any of the EA attempts.

It has one/two things going for it.

The batting in itself is quite good, damn too easy but that's because of the ridiculous field settings, and by ridiciulous I mean RIDICULOUS.

I never had more tha 2 on the boundary when batting in a 50 over ODI, and in those cases they were about 5 yards apart on the cover boundary.

The batting is fun in that you can place your shots really well, ie better than EAs "Here's five front foot shots to use".

3/10

Last edited:
Good review. Not to be the one that says "told you so".. but... I was expecting it.
And after playing the demo, it was confirmed.
not starting a flame war but EA Cricket 2007 is superior to BLIC 07 ( not by much that though )
Hopefully, these 2 games will get better in their next versions...

And here was me thinking I'd buy this game!!! Might get it when I get a 360, but I have serious doubts now...

St_Nick said:
And here was me thinking I'd buy this game!!! Might get it when I get a 360, but I have serious doubts now...

The review is perfect for renters. Since if you rent the game, you know what issues to look out for and then you can see how much they affect you.

Welcome to the forums.

St_Nick said:

Try it before you buy it. I had fun, but only because the game was funny, rather than enjoyable. The AI (even on Test level) was so very stupid. I hit Gayle for 99 in 10 overs, 70 of those came through cover drives when they had 6-3 on side fields and kept bowling cover drive balls!

Originally Posted by Dunkyboy
Dear oh dear. When are we going to realise that codies et al only pay lip service to forums like this and see us as harmless geeks to be humoured. At the end of the day, the only thing they, or EA, or any other software company is interested in is shifting units. That's capitalism. They haven't designed this game for cricket enthusiasts - that's why it will still be a case of "point the analogue stick in the direction you want to hit a six". They are releasing essentially the same game as last time but tarting it up and tying it in with the cricket world cup to cynically milk a few more bucks from us mugs. Oh bollocks. Just realised that we've all been had again.

Well, it gives me no pleasure to say this (honestly), but don't say I didn't warn you! :rolleyes: I wrote the above having seen the first video preview and was slagged off as some kind of EA fanboy (EA are numpties as well).

Having played the game for a couple of days, I have to agree with most of the other posts - it really is p*ss poor. I mean, I don't know anything about programming, but surely to god it can't be too hard to make the wicket keeper stop whipping the bails off when the batsman's been back at the crease for 5 minutes?! Can somebody puhleeze explain how this can have been allowed to happen? And while I'm on a roll, why the hell can't you dive for the crease? Or choose to play a back foot shot? Or stop hitting sixes? Sweet baby jesus, the A.I. is laughable, the sound effects are stinking, this game is just lacking in finesse on so many levels. Aaaarrrgh! Why oh why did I succumb to buying this? :mad

Users who are viewing this thread