PlanetCricket.net take over (FM2008)

Which club should PlanetCricket.net take over?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Manly

Thor
I would persevere with the 4-4-2, maybe a tad more attacking, and keeping the passing short with a slower tempo. As for the lineups, keep the same starters apart from Marsh out Campbell in. Other than that, keep waiting for the team to click. Li Tie on the bench perhaps, too.

do i need to start game on FM 08 if not yes

Where the hell did that come from?!

That's the first time I've seen it!

Last edited:

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I posted over an hour before you but i'm on mod preview but i'll keep my job as scout if Maney keeps his job

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Okay I'll contact whoevers in charge to see who gets the job as of my post

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Giggity I am giving it to Ben. I know your post was before but Ben is a good mate of mine and I can see him posting quite a bit. Also you don't have FM08 and so it will be harder to know what they players are like ect. Instead you become joint head scout alongside Jaz.

------------------------

cocacolachampionshipvc5.jpg

Blackpool vs Wolves @ Bloomfield Road, Blackpool - Championship

Well here it is, the first game of the new Championship season between newly promoted Blackpool and promotion challengers Wolves. Blackpool come into this game underdogs after winning the League 1 playoffs last season. Wolves are set for making the premiership, and one of the favourites to win the title. Blackpool have made a few signings, mainly two big season loans. Fraizer Campbell of Manchester United is set to start up top for Blackpool, and back in defence Liverpool's Jack Hobbs could start. Ex-Sheffield United midfielder Li Tie could be on for a debut and so could free transfer Seyfo Soley, who was picked up off the free agents list. Wolves didn't have much transfer activity in the run-up to the season, buying just the one player, that of Joe Murphy who could be set to debut in goal.

Well the teams are in, so lets take a look at the two sides:

championshipvswolvesvy9.jpg

The Match
Blackpool 1-1 Wolves
Hoolahan '42 - Olofinjana '3

Referee: Kevin Friend
Attendance: 7572

Blackpool Match Ratings
GK - Rhys Evans - 8
DR - Shaun Barker - 7
DL - John Hills - 7
DC - Jack Hobbs - 7 (off '90)
DC - Kaspar Gorkks - 7
MR - Danny Cold - 7 (off '59)
ML - Andy Welsh - 7
MC - Michael Flynn (c) - 7
MC - Wes Hoolahan - 7
ST - Gary Taylor-Fletcher - 6 (off '82)
ST - Fraizer Campbell - 7

Subs: Morell (on '82) - 6, Soley (on '90) - 6, Jorgensen (on '59) - 6

Unused Subs: Rachubka, Tie

Manager Comments
Well, a hard fought draw against a quality side. Defence was pretty shaky whenever they had a good opportunity and some bad mistakes from Hobbs especially. 1st half we were off the pace and good work by Hoolahan gave us that vital equaliser. 2nd half we came out much better, but couldn't finish our chances. They missed a lot of good chances, hitting the bar twice and being stopped by Evans on quite a few occasions. Overall a good point!

Manly

Thor
Evans played pretty well, snatching a draw against Wolves is always good. I'm sure Hobbsy will improve as the season progresses, as will Campbell. Whilst I'm here, try having a look @ Lewis Ward/Andrew Plummer. Both have shown me they are more than capable of holding their own in this league, and they are both young so should be pretty cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread