IPL Players retention for season 7

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
The few outcome of the work shop 1. As decided earlier the auctions will be in Indian rupees. 2. Each franchises will be given a auction purse of Rs 60 crore's 3. Graded ranji players will be in the auction pool 4. Up to 5 players can be retained by the their respective franchises tough there is no fixed price and Indian, oversea bracket atm. 5. Most of the matches will be played in India but srilanka is the oversea option for the election clashed matches. Above all there are all the results i got when i searched trough the internet and news websites. Source : m.ibnlive.com/news/cricketnext/ipl-salary-cap-fixed-at-a-whopping-rs-60-crore-report/436912-78.html

Last edited:

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
If that is true then this would be my ideal retention.
KXP - David Miller, Sandeep Sharma, Mandeep Singh, Shaun Marsh & Praveen Kumar

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think KXIP will not retain 5 players they will look to build a new and stronger team.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sri Lanka is the overseas option? Oh well then i am sure we are going to see a notice from the Tamil Nadu State Government that Chennai Super Kings should not travel to Sri Lanka to play matches and we will see all so called "INDIANS" abuse Chennai people, Chennai cricketers, Chennai team.. :facepalm

I don't understand why people isolate Tamil Nadu and don't see it as a part of India, especially North Indians.

Ashu54

Club Captain
if there are 5 retaintion rules then kkr would be favs again.....

They can retain-Lee Gambhir Kallis Narine Morgan........ nd just pick indain talent out there........

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
I dont see other teams apart from Csk and Mi will benefit from the 5 retention 4 was realy good . I am sure Kkr wont retain Kallis since he has injury concern the best players would be Gambhir, Manoj Tiwary, yusuf Pathan, Narine and Morgan.

----------

I think KXIP will not retain 5 players they will look to build a new and stronger team.

I read an article which Gilly hinting core group retention according to me they will surely go for all 5
KXP - David Miller, Mandeep Singh,
Shaun Marsh, Piyush & Azhar Mohammad. Pwi players will be the big gainers especially Indian lot :)

Last edited:

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
^So you don't want Steyn back. :p
RCB - Gayle, Kohli, ABD, Vinay & Daniel Vettori

GlitchInTheMatrix

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
1. CSK - MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina
2. DD - Virender Sehwag, David Warner
3. KXIP - None
4. KKR - Sunil Narine, Gautam Gambhir
5. MI - Mitchell Johnson, Rohit Sharma
6. RR - Rahane and Watson
7. RCB - Ab de Villiers, Virat Kohli
8. SRH - Dale Steyn , Shikhar Dhawan

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
Until we knew what was the retention nos we just went with the best 2 or 3 from the teams with its clear from the Governing council that there is 5 retention. Even tough there is 5 allowed per team with '' Jokers Card'' availabel i prefer only 3 retentions for Rcb 1. Virat Kholi 2. Chris Gayle and 3. AbDevillers . At 30 crores (1/2 the auction purse) And no retention of other players since there were no stand out performers apart from these 3 tough others did perform in patches and some U22 players didnt get much chance who could have proved themselves.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
10th January is the last date for submitting the list of retained players.

The first team to do so is KKR. They haven't officially declared anything but have quite clearly stated that they are retaining two players - Gautam Gambhir and Sunil Narine.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
^I heard that news. Its a nice decision to keep Narine only if its not a rumour. Btw, now Gambhir really doesn't wort more than 1 million. :noway

Users who are viewing this thread