Playing Cricket vs. Watching Cricket

Cricket games should replicate more of...

• the experience of playing cricket, being on the field with ball or bat in hand

Votes: 35 72.9%
  • the experience of watching cricket, being entertained by the action as a spectator

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters
The split screen is a great idea. I usually play the game using close batting and bowling cams but we all have our preference. It would be great to be able to use whatever cameras you favour for each in multiplayer. I'm in agreement that the screens should be vertical as the information you need is in a fairly narrow field of view.

On top of that, what about a spider cam not only for cut scenes but could also be placed wherever you wanted before delivery?

U better wear a helmet mate. Your about to be bashed for having your own point of view.

I have to deal with children enough at home. I'm just here for the game, both physical and digital. I'd prefer not to have to surf through pages of bickering to find a handful of decent ideas and its suffocated many a good post that may have led to something positive.

On top of that, what about a spider cam not only for cut scenes but could also be placed wherever you wanted before delivery?

Having one of the analogue sticks be a "free roam camera" prior to any delivery is something I've suggested a very long time ago (@ethybubs isn't here to go find it for me) but that's basically what you're suggesting... the ability to set the camera position on an X/Y/Z axis whilst "clicking" the analogue stick to "lock" the camera, would be a good option. ...and say, clicking it twice would set it back to the default position. Either way, the camera should be free-to-move to scan the field when bowling/batting and it shouldn't require going in to first person to do that...

Im pretty sure more than "a staggering 71%" play it in broadcast camera too.

It's 73% now. Go make a thread, test your theory. Money where your mouth is.

I was trying to give an example as to slightly bettering it.

...an example of a 10 year old game doesn't help your argument. It hinders it. You've also failed (again) to explain what the specifics you would change regarding the broadcast camera in the current iteration of the game.

its NOT because of gameplay mechanics

its said that batting in broadcast view should be improved

You're literally disagreeing with the premise of this discussion.

It starts way out on the right and then drifts in and straightens which just doesnt look right.

That's literally how the camera works on every broadcast of cricket that I've seen and @grkrama has already posted irrefutable evidence of EA's "broadcast view" and DBC's being virtually identical.

Last edited:
What is this place? 3 against 1. It’s no longer a debate it’s time for the bullying.

@Biggs
Well I knew you put it there deliberately. I also knew you would ignore me.
You wanted to create some mystery as if to say it could be you….
You could be one of the lucky six. Like it would mean something.

Wow amazing.

This is what cricket on TV looks like:

@grkrama makes it clear that the DBC14 broadcast camera replicates that move and zoom almost exactly. the cricket 07 one is static, and looks nothing like the tv broadcast camera.

if there is an argument for a static camera, it is not to make it look more like TV.

also, wouldn't one of the bowling cameras more closely reflect the cricket 07 one?

I would go straight 50/50 [Widescreen TV's n'all that] but make it a vertical split, rather than horizontal like this [very rough approximation]...

• You'd reduce the visual clutter to a minimum to start with.
  • Scoreboard/Information/Stats/Etc moves to the right under the bowler so the batsman has a clear line of sight. Fades out as the bowler delivers
  • Bowling Speed/Delivery/Accuracy meter floats next to the bowlers shoulder and can be toggled off/on.
  • Bottom left hand corner has the "accuracy" feedback for the batsman. Blinks Red for too early, Yellow for Good and Green for perfect timing. Very small, can be toggled on/off.
  • I would also push the camera slighty further back for the batsman than in this approximation so it hovered a fraction higher and more inbetween where the keeper is situated so you can see your position by the stumps.
  • Bowling camera is about perfect, would need to move slightly back to accomodate a full view of the slips cordon

apologies if i gave the wrong impression but a vertical (left/right) split is what i meant. i still think the batsman should get more of the screen, i think it's more important for them than the bowler. otherwise i'd say you've got the rest pretty spot on.

Since cameras are the hot topic

Pro cam improvements needed.

. Side screen color problem needs to b solved. As sometimes it's white while playin with the white ball.
. Option to turn on ball circle while running only. Will help when using pro cam in running.
. Head movement improvements.
. Running assist in pro cam running mode. Assist by the batting partner may b.

Just seems the angles and the zoom are wrong, now for the sake of making it better why dont you try and give constructive input into trying to figure out the solutions to a broadcast camera. Not because you want to, but for the sake of the forum.

We have explained a few reasons why we would like it improved and for the fifth time, its NOT because of gameplay mechanics ! Its because some people like to play a game where they feel as if they are watching tv ! Why do you think Fifa etc have so many cut scenes ? Because they want the consumer to feel as if hes watching, yet controlling a soccer game.

Cut-scenes only appear in Fifa as part of a replay of a goal/miss - NOT part of the 'live' gameplay that you CONTROL just to clarify.

Just seems the angles and the zoom are wrong, now for the sake of making it better why dont you try and give constructive input into trying to figure out the solutions to a broadcast camera. Not because you want to, but for the sake of the forum.

this is a bit rich. i have been asking you for 3 pages to give an example of the issues the camera causes you, to enable the developer to consider solutions.

i think the broadcast camera is fine - it looks just like TV. i'd never dream of batting in it, but for replays, watching the AI etc. it is doing exactly the job it needs to do and i don't happen to think the static Cricket 07 camera looks even a tiny bit more like TV than that.

genuinely - have you tried the bowling cams? they look more like cricket07

Users who are viewing this thread