Post your questions about the game here!

i m playing on pc.
and i m not using steam account to play dbc 14 but my steam id is Navneet633

No not career mode but in Don Bradman Academy where i created my player and initially had 2000 something points i used it all. Sincle then played almost 13 matches with an average of 103 but yet the points are stuck on 0

so you're talking attributes, not skills? they do not change.

there is no progression of anything (except stats tracking) outside career mode. in career, only stats and skills progress.

Two things came to mind yesterday. If my memory serves me right,

• I think I read posts which suggested that a batsman could walk around the pitch
  • The AI refusing a call for a run if it felt that the end result would be a run out

Were these two removed/disabled or they weren't there to begin with?

Is there any point whatsoever to having any slips at all, as i literally never see edges go to them, and also when bowling spin, bat pad men, short leg etc, again, has anyone ever seen a catch from a bat pad fielder?

Im coming to the conclusion that all slips and bat pad men may as well not be there?

Someone tell me they can actually come into play sometimes?

Is there any point whatsoever to having any slips at all, as i literally never see edges go to them, and also when bowling spin, bat pad men, short leg etc, again, has anyone ever seen a catch from a bat pad fielder?

This has been the hot topic of discussion of late and hopefully BA might consider doing something about it.

This has been the hot topic of discussion of late and hopefully BA might consider doing something about it.

Yes. There is a video of a bat pad catch in the gameplay video thread.

I sincerely hope so, otherwise a huge portion of cricket and common mode of dismissal is missing from this otherwise very good game.

Ah right, ill have a look, though i suspect its as rare as rocking horse sh*t though sadly?

It may be there but what's the point of it takes hundreds of thousands of hours to get one? It's practically non-existent and the closest thing to bat-pad I've seen in the game is when you try to drive spinners through the off side and silly mid off catches the ball.

I have been having a great time playing in career mode. I started off as a rookie and got my jump to amateur and then to pro. Finding the pro level challenging but improving a little bit with each match.

Then my helmet level jumped to four (blue) and I entered the nets to see the difficulty level was now veteran. I thought there were only two jumps in difficulty level? Has something changed, or is the highest difficulty in my career matches still pro but the nets just reflect my helmet level?

Has anybody else noticed bowling slight change after latest patch?

Hi guys, my first post here so please forgive anything I do wrong...

Anyhow I haven't played this game in a couple of weeks(smack my bottom if you hate me lol) and have just tried my career mode (where I'm doing pretty well to be fair) and noticed that my all-rounder isn't bowling quite like he used to (this by the way was during a match I had saved a couple of weeks ago) where as prior to the latest patch I was getting batsman out quite easily?

I also noticed fielders coming from deep cover were trotting towards the ball, even though both batsman at the crease were obviously running for an extra run...! So just wondering If I've suddenly gone crazy, or has any of you guys spotted this too??

Oh by the way Big Ant, this is by far the best cricket game I've played, no matter what people say bad about yourselves, you really need to keep this game going, because there are far more of us that prefer this than any other cricket game and that should out weigh those that just complain for no real reason, so please what ever you do, don't ever drop this game into any others hands, just keep it going and improve it when ever you think it's necessary :clap

Don't shoot the messenger. I suspect that they are rare but there is proof of it happening.

Don't shoot the messenger. I suspect that they are rare but there is proof of it happening.

I'm sure there must be a video somewhere of 1st slip taking a catch but it doesn't help, does it? I think bat-bad and slip/gully catches is something that needs to be addressed in the game as it doesn't reflect what happens in cricket. IMO it may be too much to ask to be patched in but it must be something Big Ant address in the next iteration of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread