Post your questions about the game here!

Hi guys

How to bowl slow delivery in spin ? Played few games online and people bowl so low and slow delivery. I am not able to do it.

Last edited:
Hold down the slower-delivery button?[DOUBLEPOST=1406579808][/DOUBLEPOST]
ok, just would be nice to hear his take on it though.

Read between the lines.

Hi guys

How to bowl slow delivery in spin ? Played few games online and people bowl so low and slow delivery. I am not able to do it.
Play a practice match and just familiarize yourself with all the different kinds of deliveries... It gives a pretty good guide of the controls...

Hold down the slower-delivery button?[DOUBLEPOST=1406579808][/DOUBLEPOST]

Read between the lines.

Don't think slower or quicker delivery options (L1/R1) work for spinners.

Ls down just bowls a slider. There is no per delivery adjustments for speed. Flighted balls go a bit slower as you would expect. The top spinner goes a bit quicker.

The bumpers should work imo, I think the ai gets to use that effect judging by the different pace they achieve. Maybe not, but either way you should be able to bowl a fast or slow ball.

I genuinely had no idea, here I am holding that button down to vary the pace... What a muppet.

Ok so i decided to do a little testing of my own in regards to the spinners opening the bowling on PC. I had my HD die yesterday so lost all my career and DBC related files so i thought id see how this problem goes with default teams and then unedited "get best teams"
First of all started a career as an opener (2nd on batting order) with on-disc teams as Victoria. The issue WAS NOT present. At all. (played thru 2 FC games, batted first in one, second in another so batted in all four innings over the two games)
Immediately quit and downloaded Get Best. Started another career as opener (2nd) with Victoria against Queensland. Batted second. First thing i noticed was that James Hopes opened the bowling first. ( a horribly slow medium pacer) and sure enough the spinner opened from the other end.
The fact that Hopes also opened the bowling to me suggests that it could well be a ratings thing with User created teams. However im SURE this hasnt always been the case. As Blockerdave says, The first innings of the match always has what you'd consider normal opening bowlers, but then innings 2 3 and 4 have a spinner and often another mug opening. It really is very odd. Im about to check and see if it happens on PS3 as well. if it doesnt, it may suggest that whatever has caused this has been in one of the latest PC updates (obviously)

What sort of scores do the bowlers get who should be put on? Perhaps end of innings fatigue is a factor?

........hmmmm not a bad theory. Will investigate. I know in at least one of the matches 10 and 11 scored fairly heavily, or "hung around" a bit but i wasnt really looking for that to be honest.

Just FYI - James Hopes has regularly opened the bowling for Queensland before

I know ;)
but IRL he is a different prospect to the paltry 110 km/hr gifts his DBC version delivers.
The only reason i mentioned Hopes was really because as far as the get best teams are concerned he isnt in Queenslands top 3 or 4 bowlers.

Last edited:
@Rowdoss - interesting. Something in Get Best may be messing it up, but I don't think it's just the skills being assigned because of the fact that the first innings is always fine and the other innings are always affected. For the same reason, it not happening with the on-disc teams suggests the issue may not be the stamina related thing Matt mentioned either.

it's an odd one.

Users who are viewing this thread