Post your questions about the game here!

How do you change the difficulty setting in the 'competitions' section. Presently I believe it is set at 'Pro" and I wish to drop it to 'amateur' level.

Ideas?

Neil W

Attachments

• 2014-07-28_00002.jpg
    2014-07-28_00002.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 5
Also, are you and @grkrama playing your career as opening batsmen?
i bat as no 4 batsman, many times i have had to walk in the first over, have also simulated a few times just innings wise and haven't seen spinners opening, but will try out a career as opener and see if it happens, was it always like this for you or did it start happen in middle of career.

i bat as no 4 batsman, many times i have had to walk in the first over, have also simulated a few times just innings wise and haven't seen spinners opening, but will try out a career as opener and see if it happens, was it always like this for you or did it start happen in middle of career.

Every career on PC where I have been an opener. I haven't seen it on xbox but i've not played career on that post patch two and i have never played as an opener on that.

I am an opening batsmen as well. I haven't used the get best teams though I am using my own teams.

i am pretty sure your teams are the get best teams. As i say, skills are irrelevant anyway - the factor is, is it the first innings of the match. If it's the first innings, they will never open with a spinner. If it is the second, (or third or fourth in FC matches) they will have one of their two opening bowlers be a spinner.

Are you playing with English or Aus teams?

Also, you don't have a green tick, so I assume you are talking about a console version? Did you start the career post patch two?

I am talking about a career on PC. Has anyone else played that as an opening batsman?

I didnt read all of this discussion re: spinners opening the bowling so excuse me if im on the wrong track but i have definitely noticed it too.
One of the two or three careers im running with at the moment (on PC) is as an opener and i have noticed it in all my FC games.
Using get best and playing in Australia. about 7 games into the season and in EVERY 2nd innings ive batted, a spinner has opened (as far as i remember).
Dont recall it pre patch 2. At first i just thought it a one off as the pitch was playing up and though it smart tactics by the AI but has happened, as i say, in every match since

The only team I have opening with spin bowlers, is the BigAnt team. I think it's down to the teams you've downloaded and their balance/stats...

Maybe I'm just missing it, but does anyone know if there is a way to check the number of overs until a new ball is available?

what you are missing is that a new ball is available at completion of 80 overs, so if you have bowled 50 overseas new ball will be available after 30 overs.

The only team I have opening with spin bowlers, is the BigAnt team. I think it's down to the teams you've downloaded and their balance/stats...

100% not the issue. Not even a little bit, seriously.

If it was due to balancing or stats, it would be across all innings. This is a simple thing - if it's the first batting team's first innings it will not open with spinners, every other innings of the match (even the second batting team's first innings, even if it's first day of the match) a spinner will be one of the two opening bowlers.

It's a bug, pure and simple. When it was introduced I am not sure as i only played as an opener on PC. It's also seems to be a career mode issue - haven't noticed it in other modes, but i'll look out for it - so what the Big Ant team do is irrelevant.

Note, when i say first innings, i am talking about the first innings of the match in terms of the first of four in FC, and first of 2 in list A. So in FC if your side bats first, your first innings they won't open with a spinner but in the second innings they will. If you bat second, both of your innings they will open with a spinner. In List A, if youre batting first, they won't open with a spinner. If you're chasing, the AI will open with a spinner.

Also note, by open i mean one of the first two overs if the innings, not just the first.

One more question regarding the helmet level in career mode.

what actions determine the rise of a level?

my brother's career player has no where near as many career or year ranking points, and yet has acheieved level 2. whilst my player has 10 x the amount of points, but im still level 1 ?

100% not the issue. Not even a little bit, seriously.

Weird... It's definitely not something I've seen. I've only recently re-started my career batting 3 so I guess I'll keep an eye out for it. I've certainly not seen it in either online or casual games that I've been playing. Online, obviously... because there's a human behind that. Or a monster...

Weird... It's definitely not something I've seen. I've only recently re-started my career batting 3 so I guess I'll keep an eye out for it. I've certainly not seen it in either online or casual games that I've been playing. Online, obviously... because there's a human behind that. Or a monster...
Yeah I've not noted it in casual either, and I've played a fair bit of that. But it's 100% an issue in career.

I played a lot in career as number 3 too and can't say i noticed it either (happened occasionally, but seemed random).

Not sure if playing as an opener throws it out of whack, or an issue was introduced in one of the PC updates or even patch two... I can say for sure it DIDN'T happen on my Xbox post patch one career as a number 3, and I only started career mode on PC after version 1.08 or 1.09, but now it is every single time.

Genuinely interesting now... I'd love a function in the game to be able to set "bowling order" for teams. Bit weird there isn't one to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread