Post your questions about the game here!

Since the latest patch, has anyone been moved up/down the order due to good/poor form?

Since the latest patch, has anyone been moved up/down the order due to good/poor form?

That's not possible in the game as yet.

It's also something that would be relatively easy to mess up if they try and do it - or, to put another way, would be very difficult to get exactly right.

That being said, I'd like the ability to bat in a different spot when I join another team. My career guy (batting all-rounder, bowling right arm off breaks) bats at number 4. When I got offered contracts at a county level, I took Sussex's offer (largely because that's where my Pakeha ancestors came from, many many years ago).

Which means Sussex has a new captain :O (We've also got too many batting spinners, and I should probably have gone with Middlesex)

What's the full order of selection status? Has that been posted anywhere before?

I posted a similar query couple of weeks back and the folks were kind enough to help out. The selection statuses are as follows and I may be missing one between 'Fair Way Off' and 'Very close' but other than those are the selection status I'm aware of.

Star Member
Core Member
Expecting Selection
Good Chance
Very Close
Getting Attention

Fair Way Off
Long Way Off
No Chance

Last edited by a moderator:
In career mode is it possible to change the field if your not bowling but captain and also choose who's bowling cos for some reason my opening batsmen get brought on to Bowl and go for 20+ an over

Anyone know how to change the pitch conditions (settings) between days of a test match?

Ive seen others say they do to mirror real life (pristine, uneven, wearing, worn etc) but anytime i hit settings nothing happens, only lets me do it before the match starts, but is there a way to do it inbetween days?

Cheers.

Fast Pitch wear is prolly the box you want to tick before starting a match.

On the subject of pitch conditions, does anybody find they actually make any difference (and on days 4/5 in particular)? They don't seem to on Pro (not that you can find out what they are once the match starts anyway...)

On the subject of pitch conditions, does anybody find they actually make any difference (and on days 4/5 in particular)? They don't seem to on Pro (not that you can find out what they are once the match starts anyway...)
I haven't really seen the pitch deteriorate over the course of a match, but the ball definitely does move off the cracks and bounces more on dry pitches.
It doesn't seem that it makes a significant difference to the difficulty of batting and the AI doesn't seem to be fooled by movement from cracks, the only thing really is that on pitches with less bounce you can get bowled/lbws from shorter pitched deliveries.

Definitely a lot of room for improvement here imo.

I haven't really seen the pitch deteriorate over the course of a match, but the ball definitely does move off the cracks and bounces more on dry pitches.
It doesn't seem that it makes a significant difference to the difficulty of batting and the AI doesn't seem to be fooled by movement from cracks, the only thing really is that on pitches with less bounce you can get bowled/lbws from shorter pitched deliveries.

Definitely a lot of room for improvement here imo.

Yeah, the cracks stuff I've seen, but spinners (for example) don't appear to get more threatening than on day 1 which isn't right really. And overhead conditions don't appear to make any difference to swing, either.

It's certainly something to build on in the future, I'd love to be facing a day 5 pitch with cloud cover making the ball swing round corners, or a dust bowl against a premier spinner. As it stands, those aspects don't really seem to happen, hence the big scores seen regularly by the team batting 4th on the last day to win games.

Visually the pitch changes quite dramatically, in terms of gameplay it doesn't really change all that much, although fast bowlers are more effective on hard-pitches (and can pull off the shorter ball) as opposed to green-tops where it doesn't bounce as high, but swings a little more. Again, I think its one of those things (again) that comes down to balance and could be looked at to push it a little harder, but not too much. Spinners could turn it a little more on cracked pitches certainly and medium-pace swing bowlers (an unexplored gem, which I think are underrated) could be more effective on soft/green top pitches. ....and so on.

It all comes down to "fun" for me - would it be realistic to see the ball turning 30 - 40 degree's when it hits a crack, maybe... would it be fun? Nope.

I have seen a hard pitch on day 1 of a 4 day game be hard then by 3rd or 4th days the pitch is soft Biggs.

That's true, but there's no reason to not have it as an option (as a 'hardcore' mode, for example). As you say, it's in there, just would need turning-up a bit.

Some of the best batting experiences I've had so far are not those I'd class as 'fun', but challenging (and as a result, more rewarding).

as a 'hardcore' mode, for example

I guess that's a tweak to "Fast Pitch Wear" checkbox, really. I'm not disagreeing with you, but in terms of balance I think they're always going to err on the side of caution to cater to "fun" first. I think it could be moved slightly to more challenging as it is now, but not too far.

Users who are viewing this thread