Post your questions about the game here!

Ross, all these players we are making. Will they have static face in the game? Or can we expect to see some kind of emotion...like smile or frustration ON their face.

I'm not Ross but I can safely answer "yes" to your question, as players had emotion in both AFL and RL games. Here is an example screenshot of the AFL game. It's graphics were inferior to RLL2, and cricket will be better than both!

AFL-Live-2011-LZ.jpg

This looks amazing, perhaps even the best cricket game ever to be made.

However I have a few questions to clarify.

1) Is this going to include domestic leagues from around the world that are playable? So for example, I want to take over at Warwickshire and then have a 'career' mode as Warwickshire in the county championship, can I do this?

2) Are all the players going to be real life, named and licensed players?

3) PS3 release in the UK?

4) Any release of screenshots or date yet?

Thanks.
The only one of your points that is confirmed is that is available in the UK on PS3.

I am hoping like you that we can have a domestic career mode to play. Love to play as my home county Warwickshire as well my other favourite team Kent.

There is no news on how many licenses are in the game to date or the release date. I'm guessing maybe around the Champions Trophy in June!

Hi,

How will the attributes work to get them accurate as we don't want every creator putting 99 overall on every player. Just Wondering??

Cheers.

Hi,

How will the attributes work to get them accurate as we don't want every creator putting 99 overall on every player. Just Wondering??

Cheers.

Again, going from the AFL game, before you played someone online it would say what the ranking of the team is.

Unfortunately, this didn't work perfectly in AFL, as the default best teams were 4.5 out of 5, yet through the editor it was possible to edit the teams such that they were overall still 4.5 yet certain key attributes were improved at the expense of others. At least there was a little icon saying the team had been edited though, but for this cricket game I imagine basically every team will have been edited.

Despite the salary cap, it was unfortunately far too easy to exploit the AFL editor. Out of curiosity, I tried to push it to its limits. *AFL jargon warning*:

I turned certain players marking down to zero, or whatever the minimum was, and made sure I only ever spoiled with them. I gave all defenders zero for goal kicking, and made my forwards incredibly long kicks. I also reduced their goal kicking accuracy as, for set shots at least, that was largely due to the skill of the human player controlling them. I ended up with a team rated as I think 3.5 overall, well under the cap, yet I absolutely dominated in the 5 or so test games I played (some against good opponents that I warned beforehand and normally had close games with).

I hope the cricket game has ways around this. I can imagine a similar tactic making the number 11 a complete hack at batting and maybe even a rubbish fielder, but if he can send down 160km accurate inswinging yorkers each ball, who cares?

^^^The grass is always greener on the other side isn't it ? what is to prevent you from complaining once you get a feel of it ?

Even though I also thought that, after using and seeing some of these results make me believe cricket one is better

But we are missing some options...like more control for shape of the head and forhead (the options included for head shape is not enough). Rll2 seems to have these but not the cricket one.

Guys I dont know if I missed it but is there actually a kit editor announced for this game too because I must say the international teams and ipl teams kits change often so it would be nice to keep the game updated that way

I really feel that Rll2 had better player creator than cricket one.....just look at the faces of the players.......
Official Rugby League Live 2 Player Creator - YouTube

You should really have a look at the quality some people are coming up with. It is amazing what is possible. If I compare it to my own efforts then I see I have a lot of catching up to do....I think the editor has amazing potential....maybe we havent quite developed the skills yet....although as I say some have.

And let's be honest, the editor is mainly for creating players and applying accurate skills. During 95% of the gameplay the bowler will have his back to you and the batsmen will be wearing helmets (although the ability to wear a cap would be sweet). The fielders will also be too far away to notice significant differences.

I really feel that Rll2 had better player creator than cricket one.....just look at the faces of the players.......
Official Rugby League Live 2 Player Creator - YouTube

Yes and No, i see where you are coming from when saying better but remember this is a beta not the full version so who knows.
I do like the tattoos and the way the sliders work, so different to academy in lots of ways, also like the kg for weight would love that for cricket but i guess rubgy needs that more.

----------

And let's be honest, the editor is mainly for creating players and applying accurate skills. During 95% of the gameplay the bowler will have his back to you and the batsmen will be wearing helmets (although the ability to wear a cap would be sweet). The fielders will also be too far away to notice significant differences.

Cutscenes and when you play a shot will be important but yeah for the most part i see your point, also let's see what camera angles are in the game.:spy

a little change

Hi just a quick point i am really happy with the editor you guys are making some great players i would just like to see one small change if it is possible could you add the option to bat in a baggie cap not the earlly one thats there just a standerd one like viv richards would wear also the option to bat in a floppy would be great everthing else is great very pleased well done big ant :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread