Post your questions about the game here!

I would love it if we could jog him and then run full speed and bowl.. Anyways I know whatever ross will implement will be amazing. I just wana know if its similar to the old cricket games.

I suspect you are talking about the run rates for the different formats.
These issues are one of a kind, and have never ever been corrected.
There was a long discussion about pacing the different formats in the posts and threads earlier on this forum, Ross assured that he was committed to implement realistic run-rates as much as he could. As much as simple it may sound , surely there is a complex process involved.

So the answer to your question must be a :yes.

This is very important for me and well most of us, in a test match i want to leave a lot of balls and for the game to play like a test match.
ic2010 was ok here but needed a lot of work but they were on the right track, in the end as everyone plays the game differently this area will be one of the hardest to get near right. I just hope the confidence for the batsmen and the fielding side in the game works as it should on hard difficulty, if you want to hit the ball hard for six over and over again in a test match on hard diffculty you should get out cheap but have a high run-rate, play like a real test player and get the reward if you play right. Can you talk about this Ross ? :wave

----------

I think the fans deserve a short trailer of the game now. I really hope Big ant studios will release some kind of video or trailer for the fans. thanks

We have cricket academy and lots of info plus updates most weeks, so Ross does not owe us anything. If he wants to great;) but it's not the same as ashes 2013 forum problems.

Anyways I know whatever ross will implement will be amazing
Without a doubt.
Even though there are surprises left, I think it is highly unlikely.
ic2010 was ok here but needed a lot of work but they were on the right track, in the end as everyone plays the game differently this area will be one of the hardest to get near right.

Never played IC10, was it you who kept leaving the balls, or was it the AI who pitched perfectly? Since every gamer is one of its kind, the realistic run-rate would remain ever questionable.

Without a doubt.
Even though there are surprises left, I think it is highly unlikely.

Never played IC10, was it you who kept leaving the balls, or was it the AI who pitched perfectly? Since every gamer is one of its kind, the realistic run-rate would remain ever questionable.

I left the ball but if you did not use the slog button the game was a little like test cricket, you had to help the game like a old women across the road but it worked plus if i played like this i would score the biggest totals.
For this game on hard i would love for us to score a double century only if we play carefully, sure sometimes you could score fast against a tired bowler but say after lunch you have to be careful not to hit hard to fast like the real players. Also if you are using Gayle vs say Cook you would play differently. God if they nail this then we are in for a treat.:D

one thing that could be done is to increase the probability of losing your wicket if played slog shots or aggressive shots too often in test match as compared to t20 n odi. That will make the player play realistically and cautiously.

A fast bowler may be fatigued, but he would still run for the whole day with the same speed(or atleast it seems the same speed).
I personally wouldn't like if we actually have to control his run-up, ie. , sprint, jog etc.

Actually NO! Bowlers that run at a fast speed are not given more than 5-6 over spells as they are expected to run hard and bowl fast! Fast bowlers often control the speed of their runup when they have to bowl long spells!

Personally, I wouldnt mind controlling the pace of the runup as it does add more depth to the gameplay, however the implementation of attribute system is very important here to differentiate between the players! There are some fast bowlers (Siddle comes to my mind) who run in as hard the whole day even if you make them bowl 10 consecutive overs, so for such bowlers, the stamina level should be much higher. Also, some fast bowlers depend on the pace generated from the runup to bowl fast, while some do not rely on it, so the attribute system should cater to all these possibilities.

All this sounds very good on paper but you have to be careful that bowling each delivery doesn't takes up lots of user concentration and input, and when followed by manual catching and fielding the ball (plus setting fields) results in you being mentally 'burnt out' after a few overs.

Imagine trying to bowl 90 overs in day concentrating on all the above :eek:

All this sounds very good on paper but you have to be careful that bowling each delivery doesn't takes up lots of user concentration and input, and when followed by manual catching and fielding the ball (plus setting fields) results in you being mentally 'burnt out' after a few overs.

Isn't that what test cricket is all about though? Testing your mental strength. I say bring it on big ant! :D

Isn't that what test cricket is all about though? Testing your mental strength. I say bring it on big ant! :D

As the saying goes "cricket is 10% physical and 90% mental" :yes

Lol...i would than just play real cricket itself. It's a game and making a player do too much is going to take the fun out.

Lol...i would than just play real cricket itself. It's a game and making a player do too much is going to take the fun out.

For a change it would be nice to get a cricket game which is as mentally taxing as the real thing. Definitely a much better option than getting all those arcade cricket games.

If folks feel it's difficult to play 5 day tests they could always use the "accelerated" approach, i.e. 15-20 overs in a session instead of 30. Or maybe folks could actually save a Test and play it over multiple sitting than finish the whole thing in one shot as they do with the current games. I am already looking forward to the challenge :)

I dont think controlling the speed at which the bowler runs in is something worth even bothering with to be honest, i would rather them focus on other areas of development.

Ross, more of a suggestion than a question but do you think adding more loop, swing and variation of a ball in the hard mode of the game will make it a better challenge. I reckon it will , what do you think?

I bet you are play for your nation as a hobby? And you are posting in PC in the meantime...? Say Hi to Brett Lee for me next time you meet him :yes

----------

Concentration is required. At the end of the day you will have a sharp mind. You wouldnt be fatigued but you will be exhausted. But your mind feels better. This game will help you become a genius maybe. :p

I have to agree with this. I'm going to assume they've already thought ahead on that and we'll have options to automate things like fielding if we choose to. I couldn't imagine fielding, bowling and manually catching every delivery (as the keeper) in a simulated test would be all that enjoyable over the long-term. Perhaps in short 5 - 10 over bursts that'd be fun. Hopefully there's an automated option.

Last edited:
I dont know why i am being ignored, i can understand that u might not be answering the question of whether it will show the distance of a six hit but why are you not replying as to whether you will be able to increase the height editor in the game to allow us to accomodate the height of a player who is 2.2metres. I dont understand.

This is very upsetting.

----------

And is their any chance you can let us know will the game release before the end of this month as if not then i will have to wait till september to buy it as i will be going on holiday. I dont want exact date just if its releasing in this month.

Users who are viewing this thread