Post your questions about the game here!

Ross did mention earlier the game will release sometime before Oct 2013

Even though that could mean tomorrow, isn't 3 or 4 months after ca released somewhat late? I don't have ca and I'm sure it's great. But is it really 3 or 4 months worth of entertainment? I would hate to see final sales hurt due to lost interest in the final product. My September will be taken over by a certain gta 5! :thumbs

i hve created teams and players using cricket academy but how i will add them in future in final big ants cricket game ? plz answer big ants studio !

i hve created teams and players using cricket academy but how i will add them in future in final big ants cricket game ? plz answer big ants studio !
You just download them from the Cricket Academy part of the game once it's out.

u mean firstly i hve 2 share dese teams in online community then download them through cricket academy ! right !

u mean firstly i hve 2 share dese teams in online community then download them through cricket academy ! right !
Probably. Sharing it so you can download and then unsharing should be simple enough.

I'd imagine you'd just register a code you get with the game to your account when you buy it and then you'll be able to get all the players into the final game.

how "unsharing" will be simple !
Once you have shared a player/team, you can remove them from the server by viewing your team list and pressing the unshare button. That way once you've got it in the final game, you can stop sharing it on the server.

There might be another way to get the players from the Beta into the game on PC, but I can't see an issue doing it that way.

Attachments

• Screenshot (81).jpg
    Screenshot (81).jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 23
right matt !:yes
but what i thought other than sharing and un sharing
may be there would b possibility of overwriting the save files of final game by cricket academy beta save files . :spy
some way like dis

may be there would b possibility of overwriting the save files of final game by cricket academy beta save files .
There might be. I hope if there is that it still requires that you log into the server, I'd hate to see people who pirate the game being able to take advantage of the downloaded players just by sharing save files.

There might be. I hope if there is that it still requires that you log into the server, I'd hate to see people who pirate the game being able to take advantage of the downloaded players just by sharing save files.

A future version will have a "private" share, this will enable you to upload the teams and use them on the Console/PC versions without other people having access to them.

There will be no direct import/export facility for players/teams.

actually i hve made some teams which belongs to indian domestic cricket other than ipl stuff like "ranjhi trophy" so im really interested to hve them in future version of game
so i can play created ranjhi trophy tournament .
im glad big ants studio as u mention above dat we will hve private share option.

Even though that could mean tomorrow, isn't 3 or 4 months after ca released somewhat late? I don't have ca and I'm sure it's great. But is it really 3 or 4 months worth of entertainment? I would hate to see final sales hurt due to lost interest in the final product. My September will be taken over by a certain gta 5! :thumbs

I agree with you and IMO the game should be released within a couple of months of CA being released as CA won't be able to keep most cricket gamers hooked on for months on end. I like the player editor but I am not one of those folks whose gameplay experience takes a hit if say Michael Clarke is not wearing his favorite glove or say Cook is batting with a different bat than what he uses in real life. I am more of a gameplay person and am eagerly looking forward to the game release.

I still believe majority of casual gamers will go with Ashes Cricket game if that game releases first as casual gamers won't care about CA editor's rich functionality. For them just the word "Ashes" would be enough to grab the title and they are unlikely to purchase another cricket game. It's similar to what I do with footie games and generally pick a FIFA title every couple of years as it's more accessible and well known than say PES.

But I'm sure Big Ant & Ross are aware of the same and have a plan in place, and am hoping the plan entails Big Ant cricket getting released early June around the Champions Trophy time :yes

Last edited:
A future version will have a "private" share, this will enable you to upload the teams and use them on the Console/PC versions without other people having access to them.

There will be no direct import/export facility for players/teams.

Il still go with MattW's suggestion on this! Pirate copies should not have access to these creations! Infact I would say add an activation code for the damn player creator or even online play!

Il still go with MattW's suggestion on this! Pirate copies should not have access to these creations! Infact I would say add an activation code for the damn player creator or even online play!

Yup, just like Madden does with "online pass". The problem with that approach is what do you do with used games? Say I buy a 2nd hand game legally from a retail store but the online pass/activation code is already used up by the original owner. What happens then?

Yup, just like Madden does with "online pass". The problem with that approach is what do you do with used games? Say I buy a 2nd hand game legally from a retail store but the online pass/activation code is already used up by the original owner. What happens then?
Most game devs hate used copies as much as piracy. I disagree on the basis that resale value in the used market is an offset against the retail price and non-saleable games should have a lower retail price at least - something that most digital stores get right (*glares at the Nintendo eShop*).

Users who are viewing this thread