Post your questions about the game here!

If taunts are included then why not include a custom taunt creator via a DLC. People would go nuts and make hilarious taunts. I can already see my player replying a bowler's taunt by triple H's DX ;) (if replying to taunts is possible)

Actually it would be nice feature for next cricket academy update :P

At this rate I'm not sure what's going to be harder to learn. The controls for the gameplay, or the controls for the taunting! ;)

Its all been worked out....

Triangle: Insinuate the state of the relationship his mother found herself in during his birth.

Square: Insinuate certain activities he gets up to towards mothers in general.

Circle: Insinuate what you yourself have often done with his mother.

Cross: Insinuate what part of his anatomy the cricket equipment you are carrying is going to find itself in the vicinity of quite soonish.

They should provide additional taunts for pc gamers, so that we can use the all 100+ keys ;)

John Cleese mode:

Whilst it is always fun, and important, to ridicule religion, let's not forget the basis of this skit. What really happened is that 900 to 600 years ago, christians went to the islamic world and murdered 1-2 million women, men and children. I always remember the 'battle' where christian soldiers cut the heads off children and put these heads on spikes to taunt the Arab people in the city they just attacked. All in the name of jesus.

Here's just one example:

Faced no longer with the threat from Turks in the surrounding countryside, the crusaders refocused all of their energy on the siege. ?Our men hurled the heads of the killed far into the city, that they (the Turks) might be the more terrified thereat,? the Gesta Account suggested. To the Christian warriors, catapulting heads of their enemy?s dead wasn?t enough: they placed some of those heads on spikes and paraded them around the walls in effort to strike greater terror into the hearts of the Turkish garrison, hoping that they will capitulate.

CrusadersThrowingHeadsOfMuslimsOverRamparts.jpg

Crusaders throwing heads of Muslims over ramparts.

Sorry Biggsy, I'm off topic. Or am I? Something about taunting?

Last edited by a moderator:
A few questions...

Will there be a net practice mode in the game with coaching advice?
Yes
Will the ai bowl over and round the wicket?
Hopefully
How many people have tested the game and for how long?
Quite a few including professional cricketers
How will you stop players slogging sixes every ball?
By adding some form of randomness or unpredictability
Can you play and miss the ball using a defensive shot if the ball moves around?
Yes, all cricket game so far has had that to a defree, so this will too. Whether it looks authentic or not is for hou to decide once u see a video
How have you prevented ai exploits eg magic balls against the ai, yorker repetition etc?
With codes i am guessing.
Is the game finished?
Yes
How long has it been in development?
For a long time about 3 years.
How robust is the ai in setting and chasing targets?
Hopefully great.
Are there different ai strategies for different countries in test mode?
I believe not. There might be an option of individual team mentality being aggressive/defensive. But we dont know for sure until we see the attributes side of the game.
And please ensure the game is tested to breaking point before release...
Well of course they will test it as much as they can. But no game is without bugs and glitches.
[/QUOTE]

Why answer when you don't know the answers?

Now Mr Bigant have a go at answering the questions honestly and truthfully, instead of drivelling on about Indian food...

Whilst it is always fun, and important, to ridicule religion, let's not forget the basis of this skit. What really happened is that 900 to 600 years ago, christians went to the islamic world and murdered 1-2 million women, men and children. I always remember the 'battle' where christian soldiers cut the heads off children and put these heads on spikes to taunt the Arab people in the city they just attacked. All in the name of jesus.

Ultimately that wasn't uncommon behaviour sadly in any medieval context. As you well know religion was a pretext and a way of raising armies. Nor were the Muslim armies of Egypt and Persia much better than the Crusaders at respecting the rights of the indigenous population.

John Cleese actually said the idea for this scene came from the 100 years war but as you say applicable to the Crusades as well.

Why answer when you don't know the answers?

Now Mr Bigant have a go at answering the questions honestly and truthfully, instead of drivelling on about Indian food...

It is nothing like what he knows or what he doesn't, it is just his opinion based on following the game for so long. And whosoever answers, there wouldn't be much of a variation!!

Ultimately that wasn't uncommon behaviour sadly in any medieval context. As you well know religion was a pretext and a way of raising armies. Nor were the Muslim armies of Egypt and Persia much better than the Crusaders at respecting the rights of the indigenous population.

John Cleese actually said the idea for this scene came from the 100 years war but as you say applicable to the Crusades as well.

It's yet another example of how religion makes people do bad things. Murder is murder, and in the case of religion it is always about fights over who has the best imaginary friend. Bad for society, bad for you. It's not nice and fluffy like some people pretend it is.

This is way off topic. :(

My prediction: Ashes13 will be out in October, Big Ant will be out for christmas (Saturnalia).

It is nothing like what he knows or what he doesn't, it is just his opinion based on following the game for so long. And whosoever answers, there wouldn't be much of a variation!!

The questions were aimed at the developer not some random person who feels like guessing the answers...

^Since this guy loves a good topic diversion...

It's yet another example of how religion makes people do bad things. Murder is murder, and in the case of religion it is always about fights over who has the best imaginary friend.

Couldn't agree more, fully recommend picking up "The Crusades" by Thomas Asbridge if you're interested in the topic, brilliant perspective written using documents from both Muslim and Christian historical accounts. It's a heavy read, but utterly fascinating... I've read it twice now and it's a brilliant read.

EDIT:

On topic: Training AI in future game good, Taunts involving swearing or hyper-realistic cricket events bad. Bowlers should egg-on batsman to produce rash-shots with some form of higher chance of a wicket bonus.... or something. I don't really care...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread