Post your questions about the game here!

Ross,
Will there be highlights of important events after the match was over like batsmen 50th run 0r 100runs celebration with some special 4s nd 6s and wickets,runouts,brilliant catches??It's not that important but it will be awsome to have after the match is over if not in this edition in future can we expect???

Hopefully it's like IC 2010 where one of the last two batsmen walking off the ground would always raise his bat and be clapped off by the opposition and crowd, regardless of his score. He could have been a tailender bowled out for 5 but this would play out every innings.

Hopefully it's like IC 2010 where one of the last two batsmen walking off the ground would always raise his bat and be clapped off by the opposition and crowd, regardless of his score. He could have been a tailender bowled out for 5 but this would play out every innings.

Always loved that, once needed 5 to win with the number 11 just coming out, gone 2nd ball and lost the game, and puts his bat in the air, just leaves you screaming at the tv

A lot of questions over the last 24 hours guys, we will try to catch up on them over the next few days.

Can all bowlers bowl all possible variations available or can you assign certain variation to various bowlers? The latter is more realistic in my opinion, as evident in the fact that Saeed Ajmal has possibly all variations available to him. While the possibility of Graeme Swann bowling a Doosra in a test match is less likely than Chris Gale having good footwork.

Anybody willing to collect a few of the essential questions asked over the past few pages. Would help to focus things so that people dont ask the same things over and over again and I am sure Ross and Mike will appreciate not having to go through all the posts. Anyone?

Anybody willing to collect a few of the essential questions asked over the past few pages. Would help to focus things so that people dont ask the same things over and over again and I am sure Ross and Mike will appreciate not having to go through all the posts. Anyone?

[arrogance]

I think that my questions regarding player doubleups and the dealing of players in domestic and international teams over 20 years of career mode are very important, and more so than other things like century celebrations and such

[\arrogance]

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

With the included unlicensed teams in the game, will the players within those teams be 'inspired' by real life players? (eg. like the unlicensed teams in AC09) So that only some minimal editing might need to be done to get them like their real world counterpart.

Will all the prepacked players have equivalent real world stats. The reason I ask is that I'm not particularly concerned if 'Fake Player X from Zimbabwe' that I'm not particularly familiar with (No offence to those from Zimbabwe) are in the game and nobody has made a detailed CA player. I'll just settle with the fake ones, but it would irritate me to have them all with zero stats.

I think that makes sense... if not, I'm blaming the fact I start work at 4am and my brain is full of fuzz. :D
----------------------------------------​

Well my question to BA is that what is the maximum no of teams we can add if there is an option to do so, can we create a tournament like clt20 with qualifiers and group stages using the Tournament creater?
Max teams possible in a tournament?

It was mentioned there will be slower or faster outfield. Is that something that is stadium specific and not editable? As in can we change these characteristics of the stadiums?
Editable stadium characteristics like outfield and all?

Ross,
you mentioned that the sound is very important to you in this game!! Was just wondering....is there sound for weather effects as well?? I remember watching some matches in England (on tv ofcourse) and you can easily hear the strong winds blowing on the mic. Also you can hear the thunder during storms!! I know its not that important, but all these do contribute in the feeling of 'being there'.
Sound effects for weather?

will our player in career mode develop by itself like in fifa where his overall abbilities increases by itself or is it like ashes cricket where we get points and assign them to bowling or batting or fielding abbilities?
I guess Ross already said it a long time ago that the career mode player would gain attributes by our style of play.

Another question;

Will there be a highlights function for batting and bowling and will it have all the sounds that you'd hear when it happened live so to speak including commentary. that'd be really sweet!
Highlights with commentary? (Never had that before!)

I can sense that the majority of people who buy this game will do so not knowing beforehand that a) all of the players are fake and b) they can be easily made real. I really hope that it is made obvious as soon as the game starts, otherwise some uninformed poor reviews will come. This game appears to be made for the hardcore fans like us but it will only be successful if it sells to the masses.

Is there a way to cater for people without an internet connection? Perhaps using a USB stick and downloading the players/teams you want via your computer? Then it becomes an issue of Cricket Academy being PC only, whereas many people who don't game on their PC use Macs.

On a gameplay note, here is a question that I haven't seen answered. In your career mode, if you replace both the domestic and international teams via cricket academy, will the players who are in both be the same? For example, someone has uploaded a very good Australian team but someone else has uploaded a very good New South Wales team. Would the Phil Hughes, Shane Watson etc all be the same? Which one would be chosen? Is there some way of handling double-ups?

Furthermore, what happens in the career mode over 20 years. I'm assuming that new players will be randomly created to simulate real life young cricketers coming through. But what about young guns already in the state teams, that could be in the game via CA, will they get chosen for Australia as well? Perhaps my CA-created Australian team doesn't have a young gun like Joe Burns in it but he is in the Queensland team, will the game be smart enough to pick him in a few years time if he's good enough at state level?

IMO these things seem fundamental to the career mode. We need the world to evolve around us realistically with our player.
Offline tranfer of your CA work makes sense.

I'm not too worried about all time elevens as they won't be in the career mode (nor should KP be in any of them hehe) but I think it's very important that the game handles doubled up players in state, county, IPL and international teams properly.

Maybe there is the option of manually choosing the same Kevin Pietersen for each team in the different levels but even then it is important for the team to treat this player as the same entity. Afterall, stats are tracked for more than just your career player yeah?
You can always replace all the different KP's (or any other player) with a certain KP from a certain team and then delete the others. That way stats would be tracked for that one particular KP who'd then be in more than one team.

Can all bowlers bowl all possible variations available or can you assign certain variation to various bowlers? The latter is more realistic in my opinion, as evident in the fact that Saeed Ajmal has possibly all variations available to him. While the possibility of Graeme Swann bowling a Doosra in a test match is less likely than Chris Gale having good footwork.

All the Q's I found. Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:
You can always replace all the different KP's (or any other player) with a certain KP from a certain team and then delete the others. That way stats would be tracked for that one particular KP who'd then be in more than one team.

Thank you for the reply. Hopefully that is easy to do though.

I assume that during the career mode, the domestic teams will be replenished by fictional players and the international teams will be replenished by domestic players. Those domestic players will initially be real (from CA) players, e.g. Joe Burns, but over time will also become fictional.

I really hope this is the case. If so, it would probably make sense that for career mode you create/download the state teams first and then from that you pick an initial Australian squad, but after that over the 20 years the computer AI will make its own adjustments, based on who it thinks are the better players.

Maybe someone could tell me how this works in the rugby league game for international and origin representation, although since those are officially licensed the comparison is perhaps not valid.

Last edited:
Hopefully doosra's can only be assigned to bowlers who bowl it in real life. It pains me to see Swann bowling a doosra in the 2010 cricket game.

Hopefully doosra's can only be assigned to bowlers who bowl it in real life.

There are no real life bowlers officially in this game :p!

Swan's fans would obviously give him every possible delivery :D!

Highlights with commentary? (Never had that before!)
It would be especially useful in the career mode as a 'what's happened in the match so far' to set you up to what you need to do when batting/bowling after a lot of simulation.

Hopefully doosra's can only be assigned to bowlers who bowl it in real life. It pains me to see Swann bowling a doosra in the 2010 cricket game.

It pains me to see Gayle using his feet in any cricket video game

Last edited:
@Ross:You said that the game will allow to play directly out of the box ,then have you created all the players of all the teams or do we need to swap them for a better looking player?

Users who are viewing this thread