Post your questions about the game here!

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

With the included unlicensed teams in the game, will the players within those teams be 'inspired' by real life players? (eg. like the unlicensed teams in AC09) So that only some minimal editing might need to be done to get them like their real world counterpart.

Will all the prepacked players have equivalent real world stats. The reason I ask is that I'm not particularly concerned if 'Fake Player X from Zimbabwe' that I'm not particularly familiar with (No offence to those from Zimbabwe) are in the game and nobody has made a detailed CA player. I'll just settle with the fake ones, but it would irritate me to have them all with zero stats.

I think that makes sense... if not, I'm blaming the fact I start work at 4am and my brain is full of fuzz. :D

AC 13 will be released first and we will be busy playing that and by the time we start cursing or praising the ac13 we will get BAC 14 in our hands. so its ac13 first and bac 14 next :D :clap

It will be playable out of the box with unlicensed national sides.

There will be a simple process to replace those national sides with sides/players from the Cricket Academy.

The sides that ship with the game will not be deleted, they can always be swapped back in.

Can the team/players in the box be edited like that in CA or will they have to be replaced?

With the included unlicensed teams in the game, will the players within those teams be 'inspired' by real life players?

Frankly I wouldnt worry about that as the first thing I would do as soon as I put the game in my PS3, would be to download all the players + teams from Cricket Academy!! Almost every good player is already available on it....why bother with the fake stuff :cheers!!

I can sense that the majority of people who buy this game will do so not knowing beforehand that a) all of the players are fake and b) they can be easily made real. I really hope that it is made obvious as soon as the game starts, otherwise some uninformed poor reviews will come. This game appears to be made for the hardcore fans like us but it will only be successful if it sells to the masses.

Is there a way to cater for people without an internet connection? Perhaps using a USB stick and downloading the players/teams you want via your computer? Then it becomes an issue of Cricket Academy being PC only, whereas many people who don't game on their PC use Macs.

On a gameplay note, here is a question that I haven't seen answered. In your career mode, if you replace both the domestic and international teams via cricket academy, will the players who are in both be the same? For example, someone has uploaded a very good Australian team but someone else has uploaded a very good New South Wales team. Would the Phil Hughes, Shane Watson etc all be the same? Which one would be chosen? Is there some way of handling double-ups?

Furthermore, what happens in the career mode over 20 years. I'm assuming that new players will be randomly created to simulate real life young cricketers coming through. But what about young guns already in the state teams, that could be in the game via CA, will they get chosen for Australia as well? Perhaps my CA-created Australian team doesn't have a young gun like Joe Burns in it but he is in the Queensland team, will the game be smart enough to pick him in a few years time if he's good enough at state level?

IMO these things seem fundamental to the career mode. We need the world to evolve around us realistically with our player.

Good point about no internet connection, you can transfer game saves from memory stick to a ps3, so maybe it could be done that way.

Also very good point about double or even triple players. I have some all time elevens and some of those players will be in international sides at present and will also need to be in county and ipl and more. How will this work in career mode? There could be 6 KP's doing the rounds.

Can the team/players in the box be edited like that in CA or will they have to be replaced?

I don't think funnyadit and FNK have solved my query! Ross/Mike anyone of you?

It will be playable out of the box with unlicensed national sides.

There will be a simple process to replace those national sides with sides/players from the Cricket Academy.

The sides that ship with the game will not be deleted, they can always be swapped back in.

Jas XI ....Hope this solves your question....:cheers

I have read that post. What I understand is that, these players (in the box) would have all attributes (Player level, appearance, etc.) in place and only improper names. So it would be easier to simply rename them with CA rather than replace with ones I have on CA (these may not have all attributes like player stats, etc.). Hope I have made enough sense!!

I have read that post. What I understand is that, these players (in the box) would have all attributes (Player level, appearance, etc.) in place and only improper names. So it would be easier to simply rename them with CA rather than replace with ones I have on CA (these may not have all attributes like player stats, etc.). Not sure if I have made enough sense!!

The teams or players can be swapped by the players in CA but the team cannot be deleted...:thumbs

Good point about no internet connection, you can transfer game saves from memory stick to a ps3, so maybe it could be done that way.

Also very good point about double or even triple players. I have some all time elevens and some of those players will be in international sides at present and will also need to be in county and ipl and more. How will this work in career mode? There could be 6 KP's doing the rounds.

I'm not too worried about all time elevens as they won't be in the career mode (nor should KP be in any of them hehe) but I think it's very important that the game handles doubled up players in state, county, IPL and international teams properly.

Maybe there is the option of manually choosing the same Kevin Pietersen for each team in the different levels but even then it is important for the team to treat this player as the same entity. Afterall, stats are tracked for more than just your career player yeah?

Ross,
Will there be highlights of important events after the match was over like batsmen 50th run 0r 100runs celebration with some special 4s nd 6s and wickets,runouts,brilliant catches??It's not that important but it will be awsome to have after the match is over if not in this edition in future can we expect???

Users who are viewing this thread