Post your questions about the game here!

Indeed there are threads on our own forums regarding modding RLL2 - a current game - we have provided source code to a particular modder and he has done such a fantastic job that he is to be in any forthcoming credits.

That's brilliant. At what level is the source code provided? I'm assuming it's just provided to known quality modders with a requirement to not release it publicly?

Indeed there are threads on our own forums regarding modding RLL2 - a current game - we have provided source code to a particular modder and he has done such a fantastic job that he is to be in any forthcoming credits.
Considering RLL2 is console only how are you achieving that?

The mods happen to save files in this instance, allowing for swapping from Xbox <-> PS3, modification of attributes, and also player sharing (there was no "Academy" like server).

Previous versions allowed PC mods.

----------

That's brilliant. At what level is the source code provided? I'm assuming it's just provided to known quality modders with a requirement to not release it publicly?

We give structures and source as I personally feel is ok (lucky I know just a little about these things ;) )

More important is the direct line to our dev team.

The mods happen to save files in this instance, allowing for swapping from Xbox <-> PS3, modification of attributes, and also player sharing (there was no "Academy" like server).

----------

We give structures and source as I personally feel is ok (lucky I know just a little about these things ;) )

Can't wait to see what the masters do here!

Don't know why I can't post a pic. Ross will the shot selection be like International Cricket 2010. (It will show in the field place that where our shot will go) or like Cricket 2007 (It will not show in the field place where the shot will go). Hope you understand :l

----------

Ross, looking at the early signs and the response that CA has received so far, I would imagine the server load being orders of magnitude higher than what it is now, once the game hits the shelf (At least for the first month or so). What kind of loads on the CA servers have you planned for. I have a sneaky feeling this game would go on to become the best selling game since BLC99. If Australia can nip of a win here at OT, that would really help build some more hype as well.

Ross,i have yet another important doubt.Autoplay has been a very common feature in cricket games and you have also confirmed it in BA Cricket.Now i have a small doubt here.After the innings is over,we have the wickets package in EA Sports Cricket 2007.But it only shows the wickets that have gone manually and not by autoplay.Is there any possibility that BA Cricket can have the wickets that fell even during the autoplay in the wickets package?This would be a nice add to the autoplay feature and eventually to the game too.:thumbs

Ross, 2 questions that occurred to me.

The first question has to do with how the game treats "shortened" matches.

Does the game treat events as happening as they are or will there be an element of acceleration?

By way of example: If you were to set test matches as being 10 overs per session (30/day) as opposed to the normal 30/90 session days; will everything happen at 3 times the normal rate. By which I mean player fatigue, pitch deterioration, ball wear etc. Or will the game treat it as 1 each "day" of play only takes ~2hrs to complete (ie - each day is only 1 session).

I can see arguments in favour of both approaches, the latter is more "realistic" (ie a 5 over old pitch/ball is worn the way it should be). However, personally I would favour the latter as it would allow you to play shortened matches while still having to manage your resources and deal with changing conditions. Bearing in mind that pretty much all sports games utilise the "accelerated" method. For example, in Fifa you would look to make substitutions around the 60 "minute" mark because you will have fatigued players. Their fatigue will be the same regardless of if you've played a match with 4minute halves or 45minute halves. I presume that RLL2 also used the accelerated fatigue (as otherwise most players would never need to make an interchange).

The second question is actually 2 fairly minor questions about no-balls, will the umpire occasionally not call a no-ball and then:
1) Will the umpire occasionally ask for a ball to be checked for a no-ball after a wicket
2) Will a review occasionally reveal that a no-ball has ben missed

Sorry for the long post, thanks for your time.

I just saw the ashes match today and thought of this...Will there be shots from middle of bat being shown in Hotspot????:)

2) Will a review occasionally reveal that a no-ball has ben missed

Yeah I hope this is a part of the game where the umpire does miss some close no-balls. Would be a great feeling if as a batting side you reviewed a close decision only to see it was a no-ball missed by the umpire :p

Yeah I hope this is a part of the game where the umpire does miss some close no-balls. Would be a great feeling if as a batting side you reviewed a close decision only to see it was a no-ball missed by the umpire :p

But would make you go crazy when you are on the bowling side....:lol:lol

Ross,
Was wondering, with the batting controls stating that the triggers are used for defensive and offensive play, say, I wanna just time the ball without trying to hit hard, so I press the aggressive bumper halfway down and time the ball perfectly.....will it still race to the boundary? And in such a case will I have a bigger timing window since I am not looking to bludgeon the ball?

I wish Mike talked about the batting controls. He promised to talk about all controls, but stopped at Pace Bowling and spin :(!

(I hope you get to reading this post in the morning :p)

Ross,
Was wondering, with the batting controls stating that the triggers are used for defensive and offensive play, say, I wanna just time the ball without trying to hit hard, so I press the aggressive bumper halfway down and time the ball perfectly.....will it still race to the boundary? And in such a case will I have a bigger timing window since I am not looking to bludgeon the ball?

I wish Mike talked about the batting controls. He promised to talk about all controls, but stopped at Pace Bowling and spin :(!

(I hope you get to reading this post in the morning :p)

But with the controls revealed so far there are a very wide range of shots in the game and you can create your own creatively odd shots but might not be effective enough but surely would be fun...:yes:yes

----------

I just saw the ashes match today and thought of this...Will there be shots from middle of bat being shown in Hotspot????:)

Angad: What do you think about this???:)

Users who are viewing this thread