Post your questions about the game here!

So the time has come when questions are being asked to Angad instead of Ross.:p

No Ross till tomorrow so had to ask a reliable guy from India or members who are available now .....:cheers

I imagine there will be a hack for that, if it's not an already-included feature built into their highlights engine.

Ross, How is the running implemented in the game? Is it the same mundane press one button to run, another to cancel and third to dive. Or is it something like this:

1) You have to press left right triggers alternatively. The frequency with which you press them and the attributes of the players would together determine the speed at which player would run.
2) Then we have to press both triggers at once to cancel a run.
3) Dragging the analog stick forwards would initiate a dive and dragging it backwards would result in dragging the bat in.

It might sound complected but it may make the running between the wickets a engaging affair rather than just a button press event.
Badly timed dives should result in scenarios like players diving from the half length of the crease would result in players remaining awfully short of the crease and thus they would have to get up and start running again.

On another note, can a batsman collide with a bowler who's in his follow through or positioned badly for a return throw? ;)

Disclaimer: Its all your fault Ross, you have raised the bar so much that we've moved on from the basics of a cricket game and simple wish of just getting a cricket game to such detailed requests :p

Ross, How is the running implemented in the game? Is it the same mundane press one button to run, another to cancel and third to dive. Or is it something like this:

1) You have to press left right triggers alternatively. The frequency with which you press them and the attributes of the players would together determine the speed at which player would run.
3) Dragging the analog stick forwards would initiate a dive and dragging it backwards would result in dragging the bat in.

It might sound complected but it may make the running between the wickets a engaging affair rather than just a button press event.
Badly timed dives should result in scenarios like players diving from the half length of the crease would result in players remaining awfully short of the crease and thus they would have to get up and start running again.

On another note, can a batsman collide with a bowler who's in his follow through or positioned badly for a return throw? ;)

Disclaimer: Its all your fault Ross, you have raised the bar so much that we've moved on from the basics of a cricket game and simple wish of just getting a cricket game to such detailed requests :p

True ross has raised the bar so high that we the people who would have been more than happy with the inclusion of carrer mode are asking for such detailed request.

i want to know
"what technology big ant is using to capture running between the wickets view along with ball going to boundary and fielder is chasing it, at that time usually camera moves to fielder
so how could player control the running ?

in previous titles we saw a small screen at the top side of screen to capture this....
now its 2013, any new tech for this ? "

I really want to see how funny it will look, if let say I press the LT continuously and I skip pressing RT, then the player will hop with one leg.:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Table top cricket????
Whats the update

i want to know
"what technology big ant is using to capture running between the wickets view along with ball going to boundary and fielder is chasing it, at that time usually camera moves to fielder
so how could player control the running ?

in previous titles we saw a small screen at the top side of screen to capture this....
now its 2013, any new tech for this ? "

If you can arrange 2 monitors then they will provide you , one monitor for fielder camera and other for running camera, Its 2013 :P

The second question is actually 2 fairly minor questions about no-balls, will the umpire occasionally not call a no-ball and then:
1) Will the umpire occasionally ask for a ball to be checked for a no-ball after a wicket
2) Will a review occasionally reveal that a no-ball has ben missed

Sorry for the long post, thanks for your time.[/QUOTE]

Now for me I don't like the idea of real close no balls called after I or the AI get a wicket. I think it will just be to annoying for a lot of people, not all of us are as calm as Siddle guys.

PS To Ross can you get Mike to give us a run down on the AI or update on the batting controls. I hope you enjoyed your birthday.:clap

At the same time you have to be careful about trying to fix something which ain't broke. Running between the wkts would be one of those things. You gotta remember that if you make running between the wkts a complex, tiresome or cumbersome process, you take away the fun element from the video game. If such a mundane thing like knocking the ball around and taking a single is going to take plenty of effort, you will see people being turned off by the game. Make the gameplay challenging but not things like running between the wkts. Sure, make it more realistic by adding a bit of miscommunication while taking a run but don't make it hard.

Last edited:
Maybe somewhere in the middle or more than one option, just like batting and bowling has one stick or two stick controls then maybe fielding and running between the wickets can also. PS If I was bigant I would put the old way also as a lot of people like that way as cricket-online said above.

Users who are viewing this thread