Post your questions about the game here!

as u can see on the background when he batting there black kit ( new zeland ) after umpire giving out its different kit - i think those are edited scenes

Spot on dude, there's an Aussie kit instead. But I guess that shouldn't be much of a concern...

Awesome video, out of curiosity, why wasn't there Big Ears? Also... If anyone looks at one of the banners for the 2nd batsman's review, the "much more" thing had me in stitches xD
Cunning my dear man, and a fantastic video to enjoy as well (particularly love the turning back foot, the fluidity of the action etc. Glorious

Next week we will show the whole shebang, it should be a quieter week for me.

That is exactly what I was going to post about. Well, that and the fact that the fielder starts celebrating the wicket even before umpire raised his finger :p

Michael Holding in last test match said that DRS is basically to correct blunder decision made by on field umpire, so I think we just witnessed one of those getting reviewed, probably on field umpire was looking at chick in the crowd..I am okay with this, you can't really say oh this should had been given out my on field umpire because we know in real these things happen on field.

Thanks Ross, nice video. Next time some game play video

any more videos to come? Was expecting some gameplay footage.

Oh wait are you saying that, the footage which was released is not a gameplay footage? Aah the technology goes a step forward but the brain of a child a step backwards. :facepalm

Spot on dude, there's an Aussie kit instead. But I guess that shouldn't be much of a concern...

Yeah, that was an edit to another umpire scene - nothing touched up though - I just didn't make sure they used the same video in the edit.

----------

Question: Is that the AI batting in the video or a human controlled player? Irrespectively, the batsman is doing a shoddy job of playing the ball without moving his feet. Not that I expect a lot better from an Indian batsman though :p

MikeM was batting in at least one of them, probably both.

Yeah, that was an edit to another umpire scene - nothing touched up though - I just didn't make sure they used the same video in the edit.

----------

MikeM was batting in at least one of them, probably both.

That was really awesome BAR system.. Enjoyed it.. Especially the final celebration of fielder.. Looks awesome.. Filled my belly! Thnx ROSS.

Ross are there LBW reviews?

Obviously...It's BARS. They're not going to miss out on that.
Though I am curious about umpire's call and whether we can tweak it in the match creator? For instance say if it's hitting the stumps but is still umpire's call, a review isn't lost or rather it's given out etc.

Ross,

Is it not possible to keep the real name of the players as commentary name ?

I mean many indians will have first names like Sachin, Rahul, Rohit etc . So cant we add those names ?? In my Class itself there were 3 people named Rahul :)

Just a suggestion :)

Hi Ross,
I've been following this forum for almost 10 years and I'll be honest this is the first game which made me feel really good. There are few questions though:

1. I saw your video of BARS and just wanted to know if we'll be able to hear the sound of edges. I know this isn't a big deal but still it will be something which will add a bit of reality to the game.

2. Will there be difference in edges for eg thick edge and thin edge.

3. The last game from codemasters I played had one issue that I was able to pick the time when I need to press the power button which led to hitting sixes and fours at will. So have you done something to cope up with this issue.

And last things, thanks a lot for giving us such a nice game. :)

Users who are viewing this thread