Post your questions about the game here!

Ross, wanted to ask about television overalays during a match. Licensed ones? Generic?

If the scripting for them is easily accessible and new textures easy to import I'll be happy. Especially if the stats can be exposed in a way that you could show the particular bits of info the real world one would show.

For example, some of them need the team logo or are team dependent colour wise, so it would be nice to be able to make all of that possible.

If they are generic ones, please do try to make them similar to those like BBL or IPL overlays that allow team-specific colours on the overlay graphics.

Hi Ross,

Its great to hear you say the game is pretty much complete, I presume that means you've completed quite a few games in different formats.

Would you be able to tell us if when playing against ai the run rates for the different formats reflect real life cricket. e.g maybe 3 runs per over for test matches and maybe 8 runs per over for T20's

I suppose what I'm trying to say is, is the ai intellegent enough to take more risks when playing a T20 compared to taking more caution for test matches and leaving/ducking/defending deliveries. If yes could you give more details on how you achieve this.

Thanks.

Hi Ross,

Its great to hear you say the game is pretty much complete, I presume that means you've completed quite a few games in different formats.

Would you be able to tell us if when playing against ai the run rates for the different formats reflect real life cricket. e.g maybe 3 runs per over for test matches and maybe 8 runs per over for T20's

I suppose what I'm trying to say is, is the ai intellegent enough to take more risks when playing a T20 compared to taking more caution for test matches and leaving/ducking/defending deliveries. If yes could you give more details on how you achieve this.

Thanks.

Yes we all would love these kind of questions answered.
Looking forward to seeing the game, soon I hope.
P.s anytime timeframe for the trailer ?

Hi Ross,

Thanks.

Yes, the AI will bat and bowl with regard to game type and game context (ie run rate required, deliveries wickets remaining, etc...) - it is a risk/reward balance.

In terms of run-rates etc.. they might not reflect the real world as we have compressed games, but we are trying to get it as close as we can.

Yes, the AI will bat and bowl with regard to game type and game context (ie run rate required, deliveries wickets remaining, etc...) - it is a risk/reward balance.

In terms of run-rates etc.. they might not reflect the real world as we have compressed games, but we are trying to get it as close as we can.

Thanks Ross, thats another box ticked for me, really looking forward to this game so much.

Great news Ross, very hard to get the ai right.
Us, well u can have us play defense shots and leaving
The ball on harder difficulty levels. Still it's up to the
Player not the maker here.
P.s if I can ask, how many difficulty levels will the game have.
Maybe easy,medium,hard plus extra hard just better names.

That will be first cricket game to implement this :thumbs

This presumably can only be a reference to test/first class matches, so won't be (or better still 'option') not to have 90 overs day?

Hope that doesn't mean we'd not have a 90 overs day, does it? Was really looking forward to play and work hard for runs in first class format. 90 overs/day gives them an authentic look, even if most ppl won't play that long. Please don't change that.

Hope that doesn't mean we'd not have a 90 overs day, does it? Was really looking forward to play and work hard for runs in first class format. 90 overs/day gives them an authentic look, even if most ppl won't play that long. Please don't change that.

Ross is talking about runs per over (in relation to superfreddie's question), and not overs per hour or how many overs you would be able to bowl in a day.

Ross is talking about runs per over (in relation to superfreddie's question), and not overs per hour or how many overs you would be able to bowl in a day.
He said that the run rates won't reflect the real world ones because the 'games are compressed'. What does he mean by that?

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "compressed games"? Also, are you saying that you guys haven't really played too many actual (non-compressed) games, coz that would be a huge oversight IMO.

Things may look pretty good in a "compressed game" (whatever that might mean) but the AI and the gam may fall apart when you play or try to simulate an actual game the way most gamers would play.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread