Post your questions about the game here!

"Compressed" is a term I use to describe there being less overs but with the anomally of having the same number of wickets. A decrease in time/overs increases risky behaviour of batsmen and the agression/conservatism of the field/bowler.

Thanks for the clarification and I am assuming that if you keep all the factors (time/overs) consistent with the real thing, i.e. 30 overs in a session in a 5 day Test, you will get results similar to real-life Tests.

The first thing I play in a cricket game is Test as I think test match is the one which tests ur patience ,capability,placement, timing ......:yes

The first thing I play in a cricket game is Test as I think test match is the one which tests ur patience ,capability,placement, timing ......:yes

I like nets in a game first if it has them.
Then into the meat of the game, meaning tests.
Can't wait for June,July time guys.

I like nets in a game first if it has them.
Then into the meat of the game, meaning tests.
Can't wait for June,July time guys.

Nets surely gives u the idea of the variation and the batting and bowling mechanism in the game...
I am expecting the release date to be announced in march..:thumbs

One question to you Ross about the AI. There was this thing in AC09 that the bowler would bang in short three consecutive deliveries, and then no bouncers for a couple of overs. That way it was predictable if the bowler bowled one short, he's gonna follow it up with 2 more bouncers. So the question is if the AI in this game would select the deliveries out of random, bowl according to situation & player (player-attributes-dependent) or are there any preset combinations that the bowler will follow irrespective of the match situation?

There should be a mode (perhaps a cheat code) which just makes the AI literally random - no tactics at all.

Nets surely gives u the idea of the variation and the batting and bowling mechanism in the game...
I am expecting the release date to be announced in march..:thumbs

Release date in march, who knows.
At the moment anything would be great.
After the beta maybe the trailer if we r lucky.:cheers

Please Ross tell us that will there be an option to have 30 overs a day in Test cricket in career mode, just like an option in Fifa and Nba to have shortest qtr.

----------

In career mode will there be different player development for different players like some players develop early some late and some show initial promise but then later gets deteriorated.

don't like these cryptic answers. If you can bowl 90 overs a day please say it plainly

Yes.

Nothing cryptic, I try to answer questions as broadly as possible to save follow up questions.

----------

Please Ross tell us that will there be an option to have 30 overs a day in Test cricket in career mode, just like an option in Fifa and Nba to have shortest qtr.

----------

In career mode will there be different player development for different players like some players develop early some late and some show initial promise but then later gets deteriorated.

I will find the actual options for the number of overs and report them back soon.

On Career mode, I'd like to keep as much under wraps for now as possible however I can say that different players will have different progression, otherwise it would be pretty predictable and boring.

didn't work in this case :D

that's good to hear.

that's good to hear.

Lol :)

PS: Allrounder... I didn't ignore your question - oops - I see your post was removed :)

Last edited:
Yes.

Nothing cryptic, I try to answer questions as broadly as possible to save follow up questions.

----------

I will find the actual options for the number of overs and report them back soon.

On Career mode, I'd like to keep as much under wraps for now as possible however I can say that different players will have different progression, otherwise it would be pretty predictable and boring.
I was referring to the progression rate not the potential attributes , like some players reach their potential early, some late and some players potential rating gets deteriorated due to long bad form or serious injury. Will all this gonna simulate?

----------

Also some players potential rating getting a boost due to long good form or performance on difficult conditions.

that's good to hear.

I was referring to the progression rate not the potential attributes , like some players reach their potential early, some late and some players potential rating gets deteriorated due to long bad form or serious injury. Will all this gonna simulate?

----------

Also some players potential rating getting a boost due to long good form or performance on difficult conditions.

These outcomes will occur. I can't say too much more without giving away more clues about how the algorithm works than I would like to at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread