Post your questions about the game here!

One more quick question for Mike later, I think it was mentioned by someone briefly, but without an accuracy rating how will ai differentiate between a bowler like McGrath, line and length nearly every time, and a bowler like Mitchell Johnson, spraying it all over the place like a broken shower?

Technically the "future" was a few years ago, because that's exactly how the Ubisoft "Uplay" system works, with unlocks and achievements shared between console and pc versions... just not saved games. Because you're never going to get Microsoft talking to Sony and holding hands to share content like saved games. There's no money in it.

Yeah...but now we are seeing a lot of franchises moving in that direction. Agreed, Sony and Microsoft would never share anything with each other.....its more in the direction of Xbox -> PC/tabs/smartphones and Playstation -> vita/tabs/smartphones.

Q&A Tonight

Hi Guys,

I know there are probably a LOT of questions about the latest Academy Update, I will be on here in 2 hours once I'm settled at home in front of my PC with a cold beer, to answer as many questions as possible (please though no release date questions), would be great if you could get them ready and post at that time in this thread.

As I say I'll answer as many as I can.

Mike.

Hi Guys,

I know there are probably a LOT of questions about the latest Academy Update, I will be on here in 2 hours once I'm settled at home in front of my PC with a cold beer, to answer as many questions as possible (please though no release date questions), would be great if you could get them ready and post at that time in this thread.

As I say I'll answer as many as I can.

Mike.

Can we ask about the batting controls ;)? Or do we limit all our qs to the academy only :p

Is there situational awareness for the bowling and batting AI, as well as in field settings? I can't recall this ever being done before yet it seems so fundamental. In games like FIFA and NHL there are subtle changes like an increased aggression. Furthermore in NHL there is pulling of the goalie.

It'd be great to have games where some batsman are blocking everything trying to save a draw. It'd be fun being the bowling team trying everything to get them out. Also other things like the slog in the last 5 overs of a one-dayer.

Will situational awareness comme ?a be present in the game?

I think it would be easier for MikeM if we start our qs once he is online to answer them :cheers! As for your Qs Whiteninness, I do remember Ross saying that the AI is aware of the situation all the time and would play accordingly!

Here is what he said:

Yes, the AI will bat and bowl with regard to game type and game context (ie run rate required, deliveries wickets remaining, etc...)

Last edited:
And can we keep the 'will batsmen fist bump each other after a boundary?' questions to a minimum? Lets ask questions that actually matter...

I think it would be even better - and time-saving for MikeM as well - if we could post all our questions in a separate thread. PC Members should be advised not to post anything else in it thread: no comments, no suggestions, no frustrating posts about release dates. Just the questions that fit the criteria. MikeM will come online and he can start answering those questions in the order they were posted. Being in a separate thread, it would be easier other people to direct to those answers, as well as to later refer to it.

Hi, Ross i would like to ask about the bowling action. Is there variety in bowling styles i mean we will be able to experience many different bowling styles or there will be lots similarity in the bowling actions ?? what about the batting styles or stance ??? Is there any option in DBC 14 or in the future CA where we will get an option to choose a batting or bowling styles. Kind regards and enjoy weekend :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread