Post your questions about the game here!

Yeah, ......we are most famous of course for our sprouts.......Amsterdam Sprouts........

And how come you have interest in Cricket.??:)

Which sport is popular there??

Last edited:
Hey Dutch do you live anywhere near Dordrecht??? I played in a youth football completion there in 1991. Stayed with a lovely Dutch family, went to the De Efteling (dunno if i spelt that right) park. Shame it was only 4 days enjoyed it immensely.

Which sport is popular there??

As they said in the movie In Bruges, Belgium is only famous for chocolate and paedophilia, and they've only got the chocolate to get the kids.*

Hey Dutch, what's the difference between Holland and the Netherlands?

*I've heard cake is often used instead of chocolate

As they said in the movie In Bruges, Belgium is only famous for chocolate and paedophilia, and they've only got the chocolate to get the kids.*

Hey Dutch, what's the difference between Holland and the Netherlands?

*I've heard cake is often used instead of chocolate

About 4 key strokes. :p

Unfortunately I am not in the Netherlands much longer anymore as my business activities keep me moving around, setting up here moving on there.

Holland was a part of the country that later joined up with other parts to become The Netherlands and many still call it that to this day although the Dutch themselves generally refer to their country as The Netherlands rather than Holland.

Two provinces refer to this as they are called North and South Holland. That was thus the 'old' Holland as it were.
Holland was the whole western part until it was incorporated into the Netherlands as a whole.

About 4 key strokes. :p

Unfortunately I am not in the Netherlands much longer anymore as my business activities keep me moving around, setting up here moving on there.

Holland was a part of the country that later joined up with other parts to become The Netherlands and many still call it that to this day although the Dutch themselves generally refer to their country as The Netherlands rather than Holland.

Two provinces refer to this as they are called North and South Holland. That was thus the 'old' Holland as it were.
Holland was the whole western part until it was incorporated into the Netherlands as a whole.

Ah I see, thanks. As this is a slow day, another question: do you sing the second line of your national anthem? I've heard lots of Dutch people don't because it says Willem van Oranje is German.

Ah I see, thanks. As this is a slow day, another question: do you sing the second line of your national anthem? I've heard lots of Dutch people don't because it says Willem van Oranje is German.

That is because peple are ignorant of the actual meaning. Of Duitsen blood means Nederduits. The Republic of The Netherlands was around the time of the 80 year war with Spain (16th century) part of a great Germanic empire, with Nederduits being a part of what later became the Netherlands. Willem of Orange is spoken of in the anthem that actually didn't become the Dutch National Anthem until 1932 although it was composed in 1560 or something or other.

That is because peple are ignorant of the actual meaning. Of Duitsen blood means Nederduits. The Republic of The Netherlands was around the time of the 80 year war with Spain (16th century) part of a great Germanic empire, with Nederduits being a part of what later became the Netherlands. Willem of Orange is spoken of in the anthem that actually didn't become the Dutch National Anthem until 1932 although it was composed in 1560 or something or other.

Ah i see. The guy who told me that was dutch, but he was a bit of an oddball, and also extremely drunk.

But i bet you DO drink loads of milk, right? Weird thing having a business meeting withh a load of dutch people, the caterer brings in sandwiches, a jug of milk and a jug of orange juice. I'll never forget the sight of so many adults being excited at the prospect of a glass of milk. Like as if Ross came on and said "hey guys, games out tomorrow and you can all have it free." that excited.

Last edited:
Also I'm pretty sure Orange is in France.

That is right. The House of Orange originated there and the people connected to the princedom. It is a long and actually quite interesting story which does not at any point involve the "Man From Del Monte"....

So getting things slightly back on topic...

We know this piece of information already relating to crowds...

8) Crowds will vary, as will crowd numbers and related sounds based on what is happening in the match.

Ross, are you able to shed any light on just how varied the crowd numbers will be? Are we talking Ryobi Cup levels of attendance for some games between non international sides?

The entire DBC forum is now all about cakes, oranges, milk and tits. It might even force Ross to announce a DLC with players going on breaks - not for drinks, but for some of the things mentioned above.

I would like to call this the calm before the storm, but i have done that in three previous occasions and have been wrong each time :p

Users who are viewing this thread