Post your questions about the game here!

The entire DBC forum is now all about cakes, oranges, milk and tits. It might even force Ross to announce a DLC with players going on breaks - not for drinks, but for some of the things mentioned above.

Hey, Ross, let's go to a strip club together, they have those big titties!

Hey, Ross, let's go to a strip club together, they have those big titties!

There's enough big titties on this forum he doesn't need to go to a strip club.!!!

Ross: Can you tell the controls for catching,fielding ??:)

^^^ good question!!!

^^^^^^

related to that, the thing in the game i've never been able to get my head around how it works is the catching, particularly at the wicket. we've been told no automatic catches, but also that we (as bowling side) won't know for sure if there's an edge. so do we have to physically take every ball that goes through to the keeper?

and how have they avoided catching being a mini game.

And how much time will you have to snaffle a bat pad of a quick!!!

Wasn't wicket keeping automatic though??

Last edited:
^^^^^^

related to that, the thing in the game i've never been able to get my head around how it works is the catching, particularly at the wicket. we've been told no automatic catches, but also that we (as bowling side) won't know for sure if there's an edge. so do we have to physically take every ball that goes through to the keeper?

and how have they avoided catching being a mini game.

Have you played MLB at all? It has a pretty good catching system, i hope it is similar to that.

really? didn't spot that. is that right? i'd be surprised.

Unless you're in a career as a wk then I think it's auto. Hope so have i no interest in doin the keeping.

Have you played MLB at all? It has a pretty good catching system, i hope it is similar to that.

not played it but I have heard it come up a few times now. maybe I should check it out but I am not really a huge gamer.

----------

Unless you're in a career as a wk then I think it's auto. Hope so have i no interest in doin the keeping.

but then again, when ross has criticised ashes only auto fielding, he mentioned the example of like you're bowling, one ball left, 2 runs to win - you should be in the field, not a spectator.

so it's the same, imagine an Edgbaston 05 scenario - you want to take (or drop) the Jones catch, not have the AI doing it.

but equally yeah, catching every "leave" would be potentially tedious.

that's why I am interested in how that works.

Just watched some you tube clips of MLB the show and I gotta say the graphics are superb and if this is what Ross is aspiring to achieve with the DB franchise then I have to tip my hat!! Don't really understand the game but watching the clips made me wanna buy it!

Last edited:
Blocker, MLB is worth to try it. I got addicted to its career mode as a pitcher. Am personally expecting DBC career to be driven in similar way - needing to practice particular deliveries to become expert, getting contracts from higher level, invited to play from higher levels etc. They are done exceptionally well in MLB. I really don't know whether any other baseball games are better, I just randomly purchased it & found to be good.

What I have is 'the show' version.

Users who are viewing this thread