Post your questions about the game here!

I don't consider myself a gamer, I play 1 or 2 games a year outside of the usual sporting games (cricket, AFL live, Fifa) however once I have started a game I must finish it.

Wicket keeper q

----------

Wicket keeper questions need to be answered plus I was wondering will we in the game as a batsman clearly differentiate in the animation of the bowlers finger when he bowls a regular legspinner compared to a googly or will the animation be the same ?
it will be boring if we had to guess all the time and not judge from the animation

Wicket keeper q

----------

Wicket keeper questions need to be answered plus I was wondering will we in the game as a batsman clearly differentiate in the animation of the bowlers finger when he bowls a regular legspinner compared to a googly or will the animation be the same ?
it will be boring if we had to guess all the time and not judge from the animation

My understanding is that there will be visual clues as to what the bowler is bowling...
================
EDIT
In the bowlers action etc that is... there will be no HUD.

I cannot believe the graphics will be so good we can pick it out the hand... Maybe the seam direction of spin?

You will have visual clues, including the "comet", and after a while you will be able to read them.

You will have visual clues, including the "comet", and after a while you will be able to read them.

I better prepare to spend a lot of time in the field. I had watched the video 3 or 4 times without seeing the comet. Only the row about it below drew my attention to it

I better prepare to spend a lot of time in the field. I had watched the video 3 or 4 times without seeing the comet. Only the row about it below drew my attention to it
The comet shouldn't draw your attention, it should just direct your eyes to the movement happening - if you notice the ball is being bowled the comet is doing its job.

Will the wicket keeper react automatically to the ball or is it controlled by the player himself??:)

Can we simulate matches?

If we can simulate then Ross is there any chance you or Mike could do something similar to what Chief did for Ashes? (see below)

OK: I've done the Lords test - This was AI vs AI with no human intervention, with default teams.

Lord's.

Day 1:
Weather cool, wind gusty, OVercast (the conditions outside my window this morning!)
England win the toss and bat.
After an early wicket, a good recovery sees them reach 283/7 at the close.

Day 2: weather has much improved and is quite bright.
England lose all 3 wickets in the first 10 overs, but reach 306 all out.
NZ Reach 202 at the close, 6 wickets down.

Day 3: Weather stays bright.
NZ reach lunch having put on another 90 for 3 wickets, but lose their last wicket just after lunch still 7 runs behind: 299 all out.
England end the day on 140-2

Day 4: Again, weather good.
England score steadily through the whole day, declaring late in the day on 382-5.

Day 5: Weather STILL good (this is getting MOST unrealistic!)
New Zealand score steadily to begin with, but lose wickets. By tea they are 8 down, the run-rate is slow, and are all out with 20 overs left to go for 209.

England won by 180 runs.

I never did understand why chief felt we would be interested in an ai vs ai match. All anyone ever wanted to know was how the ai played against HUMAN opposition, and he gives us an ai vs ai match! You could have an all CPU match on either ashes 09 or ic2010 (possibly both) that gave realistic match results. Look how that turned out against human players!! :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread