Post your questions about the game here!

^^^^^^

related to that, the thing in the game i've never been able to get my head around how it works is the catching, particularly at the wicket. we've been told no automatic catches, but also that we (as bowling side) won't know for sure if there's an edge. so do we have to physically take every ball that goes through to the keeper?

and how have they avoided catching being a mini game.

I'm glad this has been brought up again as I asked these questions months ago, but got no response.

"I'm not sure if this has been answered, so apologies if it has. I have read that catching is manual. Does this apply to the wicketkeeper when a ball is left/missed? Or is it automatic?

If it is automatic when the ball is left/missed, but manual when it comes to catching then surely we'd know when the AI/opponent batsman has edged it, meaning if the umpire gave it not out we'd know to review because we'd know it was edged? If that makes sense?

Any brief description of how the catching system for the wicketkeeper works would be great! Thanks!

Edit: if the WK catching is automatic at all times, will they make errors from time to time?"

I was hoping there would be a system in place where catching would become manual for the keeper if the ball has either hit the bat or come within a few mm's of doing so, then we would have to make exactly the same decisions as they do in real life and consider whether we'd use a review up.

^^^^^
I remembered the question coming up but didn't remember whether it was answered or not.

----------

Blocker, MLB is worth to try it. I got addicted to its career mode as a pitcher. Am personally expecting DBC career to be driven in similar way - needing to practice particular deliveries to become expert, getting contracts from higher level, invited to play from higher levels etc. They are done exceptionally well in MLB. I really don't know whether any other baseball games are better, I just randomly purchased it & found to be good.

I might give it a go. but truthfully I don't play games much. I just REALLY want a cricket game, found about DBC and thought "hell, this is just what I want."

Must admit in last few months I've bought 2 games(forza and FIFA) and have hardly played them, can't wait for this game to come out, I can't get on with 1st person shoot em ups because I just end up trapped in a corner lookin at the ceiling /sky gettin shot in the back!!! If I have to use more than one or two buttons at once I'm usually screwed, which is the only worry I have with DB14, if its complicated ill be spending more time padding up than I will batting!!!

I checked a couple videos out too. the show looks amazing. but also reminded me that I am 100% NOT a fan of baseball. But my god, taking it as a video game?? wow!

----------

Must admit in last few months I've bought 2 games(forza and FIFA) and have hardly played them, can't wait for this game to come out, I can't get on with 1st person shoot em ups because I just end up trapped in a corner lookin at the ceiling /sky gettin shot in the back!!! If I have to use more than one or two buttons at once I'm usually screwed, which is the only worry I have with DB14, if its complicated ill be spending more time padding up than I will batting!!!

just block and you'll be fine! can't believe there'll be many buttons for a forward defensive

What is a forward defensive???? Lol honestly block those COD type games kill me, if my Xbox had feelings it would need therapy!!!! Too many buttons, too many thumbs.

I watched the MLB the show vids in awe of the graphics, sometimes you could feel you was watching live streaming of a real game, but its still silly boys rounders!!! It's just not cricket!!!

I watched the MLB the show vids in awe of the graphics, sometimes you could feel you was watching live streaming of a real game, but its still silly boys rounders!!! It's just not cricket!!!

Yes, the graphics in that is amazing.

Minor details like, a) clothes getting dirt on diving b) Message from dressing room whenever you end up pitching poorly like a guy coming to u and talking to you 3) training nets( I dunno what you call this in base ball ) 4) Stadium atmosphere + crowd as you move from lowest level to highest INTL level, etc were just amazing for a game.

After playing MLB the show, I could actually correlate many features stated on career mode thread of DBC. Am just eager like many others to get this game ON with thinking, 'If MLB can get me addictive, why can't the DBC?'. ;) Oh well, I don't even play baseball either, it is just one of the sports that I casually follow here.

I cant believe Americans say cricket is slow/boring. Seemed to take ages for anything to happen in the vids. But yeah the graphics were unbeleiveable, and the whole thing had such a broadcast feel. Truly amazing.

I cant believe Americans say cricket is slow/boring. Seemed to take ages for anything to happen in the vids. But yeah the graphics were unbeleiveable, and the whole thing had such a broadcast feel. Truly amazing.

Probably, they already have American version of cricket - baseball! ;) Whichever places I have been here, all have big base ball stadiums/practice nets on the streets.

When I worked out there it was on all the time in the bars, must admit after a few beers I quite enjoyed it! Think they'd enjoy 20/20 though!! They love a bit o razzmatazz, and they do put on a great show, gotta give credit where credits due!! Wonder if there's a cricketer that could hit a ball 500ft(170yrds)!!!!

Speaking of which did anyone know if there was to be 6 distance meter in DB14, for 20/20 only if not in all forms?

yeah they should have a 6 distance meter in DBC14. would make it more enjoyable.

It's not a game breaker for me, test cricket is my favourite so any features that are more for 20/20 won't be top of my list, that said I know how popular 20/20 is, especially with the younger generation, and that's probably the bigger audience for DB14! I can see how people would be disappointed if things like 6 distance meter wasn't in the game!

Good thing is, cricket being your most favorite sport you will definitely give it more time to get used to the controls. I have about 15 games under my shelf and the only game i have finished or regularly play are uncharted 3 and fifa 13. Rest of them, i went half way and never had time or interest enough to finish them completely. This includes the likes of batman arkham city, mass effect 2 and 3 (havent even put the bluray in the ps3 and i bought it almost a year ago i think), last of us, heavy rain, max payne 3 etc. Was extremely excited about each of them but that excitement lasted up until i played them for a few hours or so. Hopefully it ain't the same with DBC. If this doesnt get me hooked to gaming...i will just give up gaming totally. It would confirm i am past the phase of being much into gaming.

I didn't realise the difference between gamers and casual players until I came on this forum, you're right I will persevere with DB simply because I love the sport and this game certainly seems to be for cricket people, I would imagine on the easiest levels I will be able to play the game successfully, but I get the impression in order to totally play the game to its full extent, a certain amount of (gamer fingers) will be required!!! I'm looking forward to the challenge though!!

Users who are viewing this thread