Post your questions about the game here!

I never did understand why chief felt we would be interested in an ai vs ai match. All anyone ever wanted to know was how the ai played against HUMAN opposition, and he gives us an ai vs ai match! You could have an all CPU match on either ashes 09 or ic2010 (possibly both) that gave realistic match results. Look how that turned out against human players!! :facepalm

There was a test match in real life, and I ran the match in the game to see who the computer thought might win, in the grand tradition of every sports game EVER made having done the same for something at some point.

Do remember that in ANY game, the AI will react to the actions of the player, so results would vary with human interference.

There was a test match in real life, and I ran the match in the game to see who the computer thought might win, in the grand tradition of every sports game EVER made having done the same for something at some point.

Do remember that in ANY game, the AI will react to the actions of the player, so results would vary with human interference.

I think the Fight Night franchise did the same with Ali v Tyson!! I enjoyed it. I ran the same fight when I got the game it was good viewing to be fair!

We do the same every year before State of Origin and Grand Final games and post the winners screenshots.

We do the same every year before State of Origin and Grand Final games and post the winners screenshots.

So any plans to do the same with DB14?? Maybe 1st ashes test?? Even throw in a few screenshots, scorecards, big eye/wheel/balls???

Ahhh hell since I'm bein demanding how about goin the whole hog and showing a game trailer!!!!!

So any plans to do the same with DB14?? Maybe 1st ashes test?? Even throw in a few screenshots, scorecards, big eye/wheel/balls???

Ahhh hell since I'm bein demanding how about goin the whole hog and showing a game trailer!!!!!

Perhaps we can do it ourselves for the 1st test*

When we get the game before/on the day of the 1st test**

**fingers crossed***

***definitely not being demanding****

****is this an overuse of *?

Get on down to Melbourne for the 7th then ;)

Would love too, and I did think about it... until I realise that is the 5th show night of the local amateur theatre production I'm in... Damn real world commitments.

Although, it has been a great distraction to waiting for this game. haha

Get on down to Melbourne for the 7th then ;)

Another reason why I wished I could emigrate to oz!!! Can't get a flight and a couple weeks accommodation for under ?2000 ATM!!

Your ancestors should have thought about that and grabbed that loaf of bread...

Damn law abiding citizens!!! Or gone in the 60s for ?10!!!!

Apparently my old man came to England from Ireland on his way to Australia. He stopped off to meet his brother, his brother wasn't where he was supposed to be, so Dad hung around for a few days during which he lost his ticket money on the horses (or dogs, heard different versions) got a job and met my mum, so ended up staying!

Was that close to being a colonial!!!

Chief I don't know if you worked on AC09 or not but just an off topic question; who's idea was it to not have stumps fly out the ground in that game? I loved BLIC2005 they'd cartwheel if the bowler was fast :p

Chief I don't know if you worked on AC09 or not but just an off topic question; who's idea was it to not have stumps fly out the ground in that game? I loved BLIC2005 they'd cartwheel if the bowler was fast :p

Definitely off topic, but I don't know how to move the question: maybe someone can do this?

The answer is in 2005 we used pre-canned animations. In 2009 we used proper physics, which is entirely more difficult to balance. It's better in 2010, but sometimes looks odd: sometimes they EXPLODE and others they stay rock hard.
So the simple answer is: it's easier to cheat it (and sometimes better). :)

Users who are viewing this thread