Post your questions about the game here!

This Nonsense rule has completely destroyed the real essence of One day cricket. I emailed ICC but one man is not enough. Whenever you guys get time do send them email. They replied to me by saying your comment has been noted.

The following suggestion may sound utterly ridiculous but im just a little curious if Ross has/will/would ever consider it, and what PC members want their commentary to be.

As sports games become more realistic, one of the things that is often lambasted most is the commentary.
I often wonder if we "need" real world commentators. Bill Lawry is one of the more animated excitable commentators in world cricket yet when he appeared in a relatively recent cricket game (cant remember off the top of my head which one) it was embarrassing. Total lack of anything that makes Bill, "Bill"..

Ive often wondered why sports games dont use voice actors.
For example Big Ant could create a fictional set of commentators set to a fictional network the broadcast style of gameplay the game uses.
Using voice actors could get the level of excitement, animation, emotion that sports requires, not to mention possibly greater access for multiple recording sessions and (maybe) a more modest budget.
If well written, these fictional characters could become an important asset, that could cross-over to other sports games the studio creates and become synonymous with the "brand". I'd like to see what other PC members like to get out of a games commentary. Is it important? Is it just Background noise? Is my suggestion as ridiculous as it seems as i proof read it?

Last edited:
The following suggestion may sound utterly ridiculous but im just a little curious if Ross has/will/would ever consider it, and what PC members want their commentary to be.

As sports games become more realistic, one of the things that is often lambasted most is the commentary.
I often wonder if we "need" real world commentators. Bill Lawry is one of the more animated excitable commentators in world cricket yet when he appeared in a relatively recent cricket game (cant remember off the top of my head which one) it was embarrassing. Total lack of anything that makes Bill, "Bill"..

For example Big Ant could create a fictional set of commentators set to a fictional network the broadcast style of gameplay the game uses.
Using voice actors could get the level of excitement, animation, emotion that sports requires, not to mention possibly greater access for multiple recording sessions and (maybe) a more modest budget.
If well written, these fictional characters could become an important asset, that could cross-over to other sports games the studio creates. I'd like to see what other PC members like to get out of a games commentary. Is it important? Is it just Background noise? Is my suggestion as ridiculous as it seems as i proof read it?

Like the idea though

If well written, these fictional characters could become an important asset, that could cross-over to other sports games the studio creates and become synonymous with the "brand". I'd like to see what other PC members like to get out of a games commentary. Is it important? Is it just Background noise? Is my suggestion as ridiculous as it seems as i proof read it?

It certainly bears thinking about, and is a great idea. The most important thing though is the script, more so even than the talent recording it.

Ross, when we are in career mode will the age of the current team contribute to our probability of being selected or will it just be a matter of our form.

apologies if this has been answered previously.

Could always hire the 12th man.

Get the whole channel 9 commentary team in one man!

It was my first thought and we talked with his agents but time would have beaten us, you never know, maybe in a future version - I would have loved it for sure!

It certainly bears thinking about, and is a great idea. The most important thing though is the script, more so even than the talent recording it.

Oh undoubtedly, the writing would have to be far more thoroughly thought out than that for an established real world commentator. It could allow for a wider variety though also, a "straight man" a funny man, a stats man.. an over the top man.....
Billy Birmingham busy?

EDIT: hahah too late...
what legal/licensing ramifications would there be for impersonators ina video game?

Last edited:
Well I was just having a joke but wow!!

That would have been amazing, may have needed to tone down the language etc but his impressions are outstanding.

We were worried also about what the guys from Asia might think as he has taken the piss out of them a lot over the time...

Who hasn't he taken the piss out of? :P

I'm not sure if anyone has listened to much but in the 'boned' cd, the New Zealand rugby league squad is read out and boy was it hilarious.

Now please don't flame me but some people are more sensitive than others...

Who hasn't he taken the piss out of? :P

I'm not sure if anyone has listened to much but in the 'boned' cd, the New Zealand rugby league squad is read out and boy was it hilarious.

Thats whats great about the 12th man, takes the piss out of everyone...even the aussies, he is hilarious. Would be an awesome commentator to have on the game.

Users who are viewing this thread