Post your questions about the game here!

Question for Ross or MikeM (also mentioned it in playsession review thread but this looks more appropriate place)...

Why's there difference in basic bowling controls between pace and spin bowling? For pace bowlers the right stick essentially initiates the bowling action and release of the delivery whereas for spinners the right stick is used for determining the type of delivery and there's no control over when the spinner lets go of the ball or when the spinner initiates the bowling action?

Based on these controls how will spinner pull back the length if he wants to do so? For pacers I can let the ball leave the hand early by pushing the stick forward early resulting in a fuller length. But for spinners it looks like there's no way for me to alter the length at the last moment/ E.g., if I see the batsman coming out of the crease there's no way for me to shorten the length of the delivery by holding the ball a little longer. Would appreciate a response when you get the chance.

Question for Ross or MikeM (also mentioned it in playsession review thread but this looks more appropriate place)...

Why's there difference in basic bowling controls between pace and spin bowling? For pace bowlers the right stick essentially initiates the bowling action and release of the delivery whereas for spinners the right stick is used for determining the type of delivery and there's no control over when the spinner lets go of the ball or when the spinner initiates the bowling action?

Based on these controls how will spinner pull back the length if he wants to do so? For pacers I can let the ball leave the hand early by pushing the stick forward early resulting in a fuller length. But for spinners it looks like there's no way for me to alter the length at the last moment/ E.g., if I see the batsman coming out of the crease there's no way for me to shorten the length of the delivery by holding the ball a little longer. Would appreciate a response when you get the chance.

I'd hazard a guess that you rotate the left stick during the run up then hold it in the direction you want it go ('hold for line' on the controller mapping image) and the timing of this changes the time at which the ball is released - too early and it's too full, too late and it's short. But obviously clarification would be great.

I'd hazard a guess that you rotate the left stick during the run up then hold it in the direction you want it go ('hold for line' on the controller mapping image) and the timing of this changes the time at which the ball is released - too early and it's too full, too late and it's short. But obviously clarification would be great.

I hope there's a way to change the length of the delivery for a spinner a la pace bowlers else the spinners risk being less effective in the game similar to AC09 or IC2010 games.

I Still Hope That The The Release Date For Australia Is Around 21st Nov As The Ashes Starts & Ross Has No Idea What The Other Franchise Is Gonna Do I Doubt They May Even Release The Game Quickly If DBC14 Doesn't Capitalize The Market And For Other Countries It May Release By The Month End !

Last edited:
I Still Hope That The The Release Date For Australia Is Around 21st Nov As The Ashes Starts & Ross Has No Idea What The Other Franchise Is Gonna Do I Doubt They May Even Release The Game Quickly If DBC14 Doesn't Capitalize The Market And For Other Countries It May Release By The Month End !

Any date where I can get my copies (PS3 and PC) before 15th of December will be perfect for me I have lots of holidays and planing on playing it all night while watching ashes man I cant wait for holidays this year.

I think play session is almost over, please someone give new information.....
Many Fans are dying here!!!!!!!!!:wave

----------

My final exam is bet. 26 nov. to 9 dec.
If game releases before 9 dec. i will surely fail...:facepalm
But it's not important than DBC 14 RIGHT??????????:yes

Last edited:
It's almost 9:00 PM in Melbourne , New info ? come on Guys.......
Someone uploaded video of this event????

Users who are viewing this thread