Post your questions about the game here!

Well... that was worth waiting for...

Dumplings digested now. So Ross says you wanted to know what the number on the Helmet was....

It's the Cricketers overall Skill Level

Principally I wanted to know if a helmet 3 spinner with maxed out off break, bowls a better off break than a skill 5 spinner with an 80% off break??

The answer is quite disappointing, since it confirms what I assumed and makes accurate skills difficult. An accurately skilled Swann (no doosra) can only be a 3

An average bowler with crap batting gets 3 helmet, a good bowler with decent batting gets a 2 helmet

And switches from bowler to all rounder right? I've noticed this too.

Yeah. So it's relative to the role, obviously, but then that also means it's not an overall skill level, but relative skill level since adding skills changes their role but reduces their level.

Hopefully that'll be improved over time, and they will lose the assumption that you must have every delivery to be a high skilled bowler

An average bowler with crap batting gets 3 helmet, a good bowler with decent batting gets a 2 helmet
The idea I imagine is that it is part of the scaling - you can't max out everything - so if someone is great at everything, they are average overall.

Perhaps nominally put on the balls they don't bowl at the lowest rating you can to get a 5 rating - which would reflect the fact most bowlers probably could bowl a fairly crap version of any ball.

Having less than 70% of skills being either batting or bowling was how the all rounder status is decided.

BD it's not going to be perfect but in time we will get near, I like this helmet level. PS Matt nets first I hope.:clap

Principally I wanted to know if a helmet 3 spinner with maxed out off break, bowls a better off break than a skill 5 spinner with an 80% off break??

The answer is quite disappointing, since it confirms what I assumed and makes accurate skills difficult. An accurately skilled Swann (no doosra) can only be a 3

Mike's just being a smartass I am sure he will answer your question properly...

@BD whenever Mike actually has time to respond you will be happy with what is explained (well I think so anyway...).

He can probably explain it to MattW tomorrow at length :)

ps: he was whinging about missing the pie shop near the home pitch... thanks for that.... I said it's probably been replaced by a Starbucks :)

Does the overall 'helmet' rating really affect it that much? Or is the individual skills/attributes that have the biggest (or only) impact on gameplay?

Is it not all relative? If Broad is 80% bowling and 40% batting then he's classed as an all-rounder (I'm not sure of the thresholds), so he's a 60% overall, which would make sense as it would require 80% on both to make a 4 helmet overall player? Yes, we know Broad is a class player even with 80% bowling and 40% batting, but for the game purposes does it really matter?

Edit: or is it the impact it'll have upon overall team ratings the worry?

Last edited:
I think that's only when you've made teams on the older versions of the CA before they fixed those issues.

One of these, and if the battery/space runs out too quickly, my phone.

4GB worth DBC14 vids :eek:

An hour worth of dbc14 vid would be great as well :). I hope MattW does carry an additional battery and memory card as well :D!

Ross, are you guys planning to capture any videos for us as well????

@BD whenever Mike actually has time to respond you will be happy with what is explained (well I think so anyway...).

He can probably explain it to MattW tomorrow at length :)

ps: he was whinging about missing the pie shop near the home pitch... thanks for that.... I said it's probably been replaced by a Starbucks :)

i hope so...

if by "home pitch" he means near upton park, no chance of a starbucks there. either a polish food shop or a halal butcher, maybe

still a very goods pie and mash shop near chrisp street market though!

----------

Does the overall 'helmet' rating really affect it that much? Or is the individual skills/attributes that have the biggest (or only) impact on gameplay?

Is it not all relative? If Broad is 80% bowling and 40% batting then he's classed as an all-rounder (I'm not sure of the thresholds), so he's a 60% overall, which would make sense as it would require 80% on both to make a 4 helmet overall player? Yes, we know Broad is a class player even with 80% bowling and 40% batting, but for the game purposes does it really matter?

Edit: or is it the impact it'll have upon overall team ratings the worry?

that's why my question was about which is more important, overall rating or individual skills, or do they work in combination, so i would know better how to skill players.

Users who are viewing this thread