Post your questions about the game here!

lol yeah. the moment it started pelting I thought 'oh now, we'll miss our chance!'. Nothing worse than coming back on Day 5 to get out the No.11 batsman!

question. ...with ashes gone can dbc 15/16 have licences for ashes in it... never mind changing the name though

question. ...with ashes gone can dbc 15/16 have licences for ashes in it... never mind changing the name though

Technically it probably could. But it has been said a few times that DBC doesn't need the licenses because they are a) really restrictive b) expensive and c) can be gotten around by using CA.

The only things that CA can't do are logos (which are such a minor detail) and the kits (which are out dated really quickly anyway)

Ha Ha HA..
Jokes apart, can anyone who has played the game on 7th November answer?

There are wide range of unorthodox shots in the game...I think they should be left as surprise when we will play the game..But we have seen Dilscoop..:)

There are wide range of unorthodox shots in the game...I think they should be left as surprise when we will play the game..But we have seen Dilscoop..:)

And the reverse sweep (first shown shot from the public playtest).

Yeah but I consider reverse sweep as a normal cricket shot....:thumbs

The tentative peace that had settled upon the members of Planet Cricket after the shumozzle that was Ashes Cricket 2013 that had brought everyone together under the same banner.. only to be violently ripped apart by a single statement.

Hi everyone, new member here - I found out about this game about a week ago from one of my Aussie mates and I've been checking these forums daily for updates ever since, haha! Just a few quick questions about this game, once it comes out obviously.

1) I'm assuming this is going to be available via Steam? I'm from the UK, but I'm in Japan on a study year abroad at the moment, and I don't think I could find a physical copy of it out here. Will I still be able to buy the game on Steam from Japan, even though my account was set up in the UK?

2) Will the controls be explained in game when you first start playing - I won't have an instruction manual to hand obviously (or do you get a digital version with Steam downloads?) and I wondered if it would be explained in game anyway, or if I'd have to switch windows to the online explanation. Having said that if I'm playing on PC, the explanations might not be that useful, unless you can tell the game what kind of controller you're playing with. I'll be using a PS2 controller through USB, so I don't know how exactly that will be set up in this game, but I know some others have the buttons labelled by number in game.

I think that's it for now - had a quick look at the cricket academy and it looks great. Really looking forward to getting the full game and then updating the teams with some of the custom made ones people have been putting together.

Thanks, I've saved those images at least. Any idea about Steam being in a different country and so on - I don't have much experience with it besides Football Manager. Also, is all the Cricket Academy data carried over into the final game? I don't want to spend ages creating my character and have it wiped over or whatever - not sure where it gets saved. Presumably I'll have to uninstall Cricket Academy first when I get the game anyway. Also, on that note, are you able to choose your pre-created player when you start career or do you have to make your player from scratch when you go into that mode - I've played games that have had that problem before, and I've had to make the same player twice, but with the amount of customisable options on this game, that would be a nightmare, haha! Sorry if this has all been asked before - only been following for the past week or so so I must have missed all the discussion about it a while back, I'm just super excited for this game now. Haven't played a cricket game since Brian Lara 05 I think - been waiting for a decent new one for a while though.

The CA was released way back to enable users to create players/teams as the BA guys lacked licenses. All the players we create and share are saved on DBCA server that will help us download all the community created players/teams once we have the game. Cross platform sharing is also enabled for CA (The first time in games?)
And what is even more wonderful is that Ross said they are making efforts to make CA server accessible for future titles of DBC. So, we probably will not have to create players/teams all over again :cheers

Also, on that note, are you able to choose your pre-created player when you start career or do you have to make your player from scratch when you go into that mode - I've played games that have had that problem before, and I've had to make the same player twice, but with the amount of customisable options on this game, that would be a nightmare, haha!

Yes, you can carry their appearance over. There is an option to download player appearance from Cricket Academy when it prompts you to make your career player.

Users who are viewing this thread