Post your questions about the game here!

Ross, will it be possible for you or Mikey to elaborate on DBC14 online gameplay? Would really love to know the online gameplay setups, difficulty level for online ranked matches, no. of times you can pause a game or change the field etc.

I will need to leave that for MikeM, I don't think we've actually talked much of online - we should.

I will need to leave that for MikeM, I don't think we've actually talked much of online - we should.

Would be great if you can as I am sure plenty of folks are really looking forward to the online gameplay, and IMO online gameplay is what lends longevity to sports titles.

Just wondering looking through the Cricket Academy, is there a general consensus on here regarding the best versions of each team, player, umpire, etc, etc, etc. I know there's a greyed out option of just downloading the best versions for everything which I assume will be made available later but I don't know how accurate that's going to be, and didn't know if people already had a general view of the best versions. Plus if there's been new teams made and so on, I don't really know what I'm doing at the moment - can anyone give me some quick pointers, or should I just wait until it's out? Going to try and make myself in the meantime anyway.

Have a look around this thread

Munkeymomo has good county teams, I've uploaded BBL teams, Israr and blockerdave have handled a lot of the international teams

Thanks Snowy, I'm a bit overwhelmed at the sheer wealth of customisation available and I just want to make sure I'm well set to start playing when the game comes out, haha! If people have made new teams do they have to overwrite existing ones, or can you just keep adding? Same with umpires, etc, I suppose. I don't really understand the 'linking' term at the moment.

The way we're uploading, they replace the current teams on the game disc. So for example, the 'Western Sydney' team that comes in the Academy, would be replaced by the 'Sydney Thunder' team I made. Uploaders should have done all the linking for you, all you really have to do is download - it's a really smart system

Cool, thanks, I've got a free day today, so I'll try and go through and start trying to get to grips with it. What about the multiple versions of international sides, like England and Australia where there's 4 or 5 versions, etc. Are they linked into each other, or are they completely separate so you can just have different generations, etc?

Ross:How does the second time runout apply in the game ...I mean can we take the stumps in our hand to make runout possible??

Cool, thanks, I've got a free day today, so I'll try and go through and start trying to get to grips with it. What about the multiple versions of international sides, like England and Australia where there's 4 or 5 versions, etc. Are they linked into each other, or are they completely separate so you can just have different generations, etc?

Depends on the creator how he created the team. Sometimes a 90s australia and current australia will say just "australia". Best way to separate them is using the search function and specifying the era you are searching for.

Okay, thanks. Managed to sort of create myself, so at least I can drop that into career mode when the game comes out. Going to try and link some teams and players later. Have people here been improving the skills and attributes and stuff as well? I read somewhere about I shouldn't tick the box for stats, but I'm not sure what else I shouldn't copy or if that's it? Thanks for all the help.

Is anyone else having issues trying to load the 0.99c version of Cricket Academy? On my laptop it gets as far as the title screen then like 5 seconds of black screen and then it crashes :/

I think I had a false start on it earlier, but I just opened it up again straight after and no problems since.

Users who are viewing this thread