Post your questions about the game here!

In c2k2 we replaced the commentary when we made the English county patch. I recorded commentary for over 200 players! :p

How did it go? Did it work well?

Will player averages change (apart from career mode) as you play more games with them.

In c2k2 we replaced the commentary when we made the English county patch. I recorded commentary for over 200 players! :p

Yeah, it didn't sound amazing but it worked fine. As we were adding 18 teams to the game we recorded the team name and player names. Easier to do for c2k2 as it was totally unpacked. I've still got all the files for that on my computer :D

Yup Barmy,i think i still have it some where in my backup disc's, it was pretty good with that WC2003 mod.

Sorry, no disrespect at all - Biggs, did it sound good?

I know it takes us so much work to get it right, I just cant imagine doing it without a studio and all of the equipment required, plus full time staff.

We're talking a release over 10 years ago. I'm not sure Biggs was on the scene... :D

Bigant's in-game commentary could probably benefit from some help from you - from IGN's Rugby League Live 2 review - "Unfortunately it?s still horribly repetitive and largely unconvincing."

That is the commentary they are talking about.

To be fair Ross has already said that he considers commentary to be a weak point of the game but all I'd say is what sports game don't you get sick of the commentary in?

Logic has no place in this conversation Barmy.

It'd be silly to play the Big Ant games for yourself and make your own judgement.

I don't think a sporting title is ever going to get commentary that doesn't get repetitive to be honest. Sport is spontaneous and unpredictable, and thus the commentary has to follow suit. Good commentators for test cricket for instance have to be able to talk over 5 days and maintain listener interest. Gaming commentary by nature has to be scripted, and given the limitations of time, space, and money in creating any given game, has to cover more generic basis. That's just how it's always going to be. As long as it does it's job, and is as good as can be in the circumstances, you can't really ask a lot more. If you don't like it, turn it off and provide your own as you play, haha! It can't be just me who ends up doing that from time to time!

Users who are viewing this thread