Post your questions about the game here!

On that basis, Gautam Gambhir is one of the best batsmen in the world.

Well I don't know his career specifics, but if he produced a run of test matches over a period of months where he took on some of the world's best bowling and scored a hatful of runs, then it's perfectly reasonable to say that in that period of time he was one of the world's best players.

Batting and bowling are very different skills, though. A bowler who produces fantastic deliveries regularly can be a world class match winner even if he bowls a fair few bad balls mixed in. It doesn't matter how good a batsman's best shots are if he can't stay at the wicket.

And, just to be clear, I'm not arguing that Johnson's 2009 performances make him a good player now, or that 2 test matches make him the player of the year. It simply shows that he has in the past stayed in form for longer periods than merely 2 consecutive test matches, so it's not unreasonable to think that his current performances might be the start of a number of months of quality bowling, which would be a perfectly fair criterion for saying at that stage that he deserves a high place in the ongoing rankings.

Johnson has been fantastic, credit where credits due, doesn't matter how inconsistent he can be, I doubt there's many who could argue he is, on his day as good as anyone. Also considering his inconsistency, injuries etc, his figures are in line with jeff Thomson, so you can't really say anything bad about him, on top of that he comes across as a good bloke in interviews and the barmy army love him, despite him destroying us!!

I think Johnson peaked in 2009 though. I said it earlier, but on his day Johnson is one of the best in the world, as good as steyn. However, he has been out of the test side for a year and has only had two good matches. A few months of form will put him right up there, but I think it's unlikely he will do that and his supreme inconsistency means he's not one of the best in my books.

We probably should get back on topic now so: Ross, when's the release date?:D

Sorry for posting on topic,
but I was wondering if we are able to send in a night watchman during a test or if the batting order can only be chosen before hand.

Sorry for posting on topic,
but I was wondering if we are able to send in a night watchman during a test or if the batting order can only be chosen before hand.
You would think so in all the game modes. Even in career mode once you are selected as captain of a given side you are pretty much in control of everything that a captain would be control of in real life including who bats where in the order, etc.

i'm fairly sure that it was confirmed that not only can we adjust the order to send in a nightwatchman but in the correct circumstances the AI should do so too.

one thing most cricket games i've played have got wrong is you pick your xi before you see the conditions. hopefully in DBC we will see the conditions first and then pick the xi.

I'd be pretty annoyed if I was batting at 11 and suddenly I was number 3 facing pumped up fresh bowlers. However, it would also be fun and a great feature if your AI captain could send you in.

I'd be pretty annoyed if I was batting at 11 and suddenly I was number 3 facing pumped up fresh bowlers. However, it would also be fun and a great feature if your AI captain could send you in.
Bit like Jason Gillespie in 2006, brought in as the nightwatchman at number 3, and went on to score 201*!

Hi Ross, I have a question about the difference in graphics. As I have both Xbox 360 and a high end gaming PC I was wondering if there is a difference in the highest quality graphics for a PC and the Xbox?

At the moment I'm planning on an Xbox purchase but having played a few games on both Xbox and PC, being able to turn the graphics up on the PC have given me a better immersion experience.

Bit like Jason Gillespie in 2006, brought in as the nightwatchman at number 3, and went on to score 201*!

That's too many runs. The job of the night-watchman is to stay out there, and if that means beating the record for slowest duck*, then so be it.

*not out

That's too many runs. The job of the night-watchman is to stay out there, and if that means beating the record for slowest duck*, then so be it.

*not out
Not necessarily a nightwatchman can make as many runs as the next batsman they just have to survive that 1st evening. Gillespie made those 201* off 574 balls, so not like he was rushing.

It's funny, if a tailender scored a double century in a video game it would be accused of being unrealistic haha

Users who are viewing this thread