Post your questions about the game here!

I think the advance and defend shot would be way to hard to pull off. Think about it, your coming down the wicket with RB to play an aggressive shot, it's already too late and you're probably going to miss if you change to a defensive shot with RT. The way batting works I just think it would be too tough, and would go wrong more times than right, Also seems too risky the way the ball moves The guys have gotten most things right in regards to batting I feel with my time playing the nets, so not a biggie for me.

It's a basic shot after all.If you see most of the matches in subcontinent wickets when ball turning more and pitch is worned out players come down the track to negotiate the spin and play defensive strokes or nudges sometimes.Even in swinging conditions overseas players come down the track to play defesive shots for swing bowlers.Like recent series between India and southafrica Dhoni played almost all his shots coming down the track for fast bowlers to negotiate swing and played defensive shot.
As this game is nailing every single aspect of the game i wonder why they dint incorporated this basic shot when they can do all the reverse sweeps or some modern shots batsmen played these days.

Never said it wasn't a part of the game. Read my post again then tell me how you would implement it into the game with how the controls work. I don't see it fitting in anywhere without being awkward, and not being effective at all.

"Any reasons for not having coming down the wicket and playing defensive shot"as this game has all kind of shot's im little surprised when i couldn't able to play this i hope it will be in the full version game.

This is my question Gentoras

If my memory serves me well, it was answered before you raised the question, it wasn't from Big Ant though,,,something along "triggers cancel bumber buttons, or the other way round" you can't hold R1 then press R2, as the latter cancels the whole function, that it'll have to reset the whole mechanism and a fresh start, at this stage, we can't afford that, unless it makes it into the final game, I'll be happy too, that was the answer to it, that's how I understood it

I think it's impossible in the current system due to the canned animations. A particular animation or shot is activated depending on the combination of inputs that are entered. There doesn't appear to be any allowance for additional inputs during an animation that change the shot being played.

In a nut-shell, once you choose a shot to play the rest is out of your control.

I fully understand, hopefully its done for next iterations,,,as for this game, it seems unlikely

I hope pcgamer is answered as well

I don't believe the animations are canned at all. Unlike ashes which definitely had canned animations, in the nets I can see different bat positions for the same shot which is pretty much confirmed because we can play front foot straight drives to short deliveries, which would probably end up bad for us in the actual game as you hit it in the air most times. But I can still see the bat try and meet the ball, not canned.

It's hard to tell, but it seems that there may be some inverse kinematics in the batting animations - either way, they are done very well because the connection between bat and ball seems spot on. You rarely miss the ball if you play the right shot and time it well.

Never said it wasn't a part of the game. Read my post again then tell me how you would implement it into the game with how the controls work. I don't see it fitting in anywhere without being awkward, and not being effective at all.

Actually, pressing RB and RT could have done the trick. I don't think it would have been awkward. Certainly something that should be added in the next iteration in my opinion :)

Actually, pressing RB and RT could have done the trick. I don't think it would have been awkward. Certainly something that should be added in the next iteration in my opinion
That would only work if you pre-empted the fact you wanted to advance down the pitch to block - as you need to push the right stick with the RB button to go down the wicket, you've already played a shot to the delivery; on the flip side, if they made it so that the advance button just sent the batsman down the pitch (which would make one 'shot' function differently than all the others), you wouldn't have enough time to play an attacking shot after that.

I think it's impossible in the current system due to the canned animations. A particular animation or shot is activated depending on the combination of inputs that are entered. There doesn't appear to be any allowance for additional inputs during an animation that change the shot being played.

In a nut-shell, once you choose a shot to play the rest is out of your control.

The animations are not "canned" they are blended together based on input in real-time and restrained by physics.

----------

That would only work if you pre-empted the fact you wanted to advance down the pitch to block - as you need to push the right stick with the RB button to go down the wicket, you've already played a shot to the delivery; on the flip side, if they made it so that the advance button just sent the batsman down the pitch (which would make one 'shot' function differently than all the others), you wouldn't have enough time to play an attacking shot after that.

Advancing down the pitch is the are of batting that I believe should be looked at in future patches/iterations of the game, I think we could do better.

Dont know if it has been answered before ,point me if so

Is it possible to have a match creator in CA so there by we can recreate classic match situations and relive it and if all the member upload and share their classic matches like they have done with rosters it would be fantastic to have .

the feature that would be required for the match creator would be
1.squad editing (so the players of that match can be set as line up,hopefully most players past and present would be available through ca in their respective team squads )
2.Match conditions editing
3.Scorecard editing
4.Description box (So that we are able to put a description of the particular match)

If BA can add this feature it would be cool:thumbs , atleast as a future update if not now.:yes

Last edited:

Is it possible to have a match creator in CA so there by we can recreate classic match situations and relive it and if all the member upload and share their classic matches like they have done with rosters it would be fantastic to have .

1.squad editing (so the players of that match can be set as line up,hopefully most players past and present would be available through ca in their respective team squads )
3.Scorecard editing
4.Description box (So that we are able to put a description of the particular match)

If BA can add this feature it would be cool:thumbs , atleast as a future update if not now.:yes

Not in this version. But a good idea :)....maybe it can be added to the current Match Creation setup.

3.Scorecard editing

Yea i agree would love to recreate 438 game and fix the chase against India :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread