Post your questions about the game here!

Any wicket that Johnson doesn't take wickets on is a flat wicket that is ruining test cricket. Apparently.

A flat wicket for both teams,,,and one we also don't like batting/bowling on...

We were just not gonna bend down and take a whipping like the english did

Been sayin' it for months, South Africa are the best CRICKET side in the world. Rankings can get Joe Rooted. What a great Test match.

Been sayin' it for months, South Africa are the best CRICKET side in the world. Rankings can get Joe Rooted. What a great Test match.

20pts clear of India/Australia in the Test rankings, and that's with Australia's summer of free catch-up points. :)
SA are head and shoulders above everyone else - They have been since they showed up England's fading glory a couple of years ago.

He was not only talking about a draw,,,but a "disappointing draw", it didn't even go to day 5

#ProteaFire

I think I said it would be a boring draw, as much as I was doing my best rain dance, it wasn't to be. I should probably stick to predictions outside of Cricket, I'm near 100% on those over the last year :yes

South Africa are the best test side in the world, clearly, but it should be remembered that it is actually 1-1, one belting each, it's not a whitewashy, got no hope, got no future, tour of English proportions that we're talking about here.

----------

and that's why Xbox think it should be Joe Censored.

SA are head and shoulders above everyone else

How does one explain the first test though?

As Ross said, it's good to have some competition for once this summer. Great bounce back from SA. Third test is going to be interesting, as long as Australia can recover like SA.

How does one explain the first test though?

As Ross said, it's good to have some competition for once this summer. Great bounce back from SA. Third test is going to be interesting, as long as Australia can recover like SA.

I think we surprised them and got the response that they are capable of, a mark of a great team is the ability to get up off the canvas and deliver, which they did. I'm also hoping we can come back just as hard next time around.

I should probably stick to predictions outside of Cricket, I'm near 100% on those over the last year :yes.

Heh. Point taken. Certainly outside of your own product you've been spot on. ;)

I'm glad we have the West Indies (without Gayle). Hopefully can rebuild some confidence and get back to where we were before a horrible, horrible two years.

I'll say one thing: Australia look fierce. Maybe unrefined, but the attitude is at least 50% of the battle and they look like they believe. Great to see a match again after the one-sided summer.

Nah, predicted our own product just fine, didn't predict the depth of deception that was going on here.... you guys got me for sure. Well done indeed :yes

In retrospect, if we *knew* just how bad the Ashes product was then we would have beaten you to the market and *perhaps* that would have stopped your game subsequently releasing. I'll probably never know if the release was a contractual obligation from the licensors but I have to believe it was because no one in their right mind would have released it. In any case it was certainly historic, it caused consequential damage to my game, my business and the reputation of the local games industry in Melbourne, and yes, I didn't see it coming.

Great test for SA, they out played us. If a team can not fall for the Johnson machine then Aussies do look flat at times, still hoping for a great third test who ever wins and DBC 14 finally gets released and we can forget that other game right Ross.;)

PS Need Watson back.:clap

@NoLeName,,,what's happening in P.E? what a turn around of things

To be honest the same problem we've had for the past five odd years. No consistent batting line-up. I'll give it to you guys, SA certainly deserved to win, and we certainly deserved to lose. Sets up an interesting final encounter. I'm expecting a big one from Clarke.

Any wicket that Johnson doesn't take wickets on is a flat wicket that is ruining test cricket. Apparently.

To be fair, that Adelaide pitch was as flat as ever and Johnson managed to get 7/40 on that so...

Anyway, I think it's fair to say that the SA batting line-up is much stronger than England's and can handle quick bowling much better considering they have two bowlers who can operate at that pace.

SA aren't the best test side.

Pakistan beat them as well. 1-1 series and the test that SA won, Faf got in trouble for ball tampering which really ruined that test.

I genuinely rate Pakistan as one of the best on the world circuit, it's a pity they drag a lot of baggage around with them, because they're my team-away-from-team choice whenever I'm near a stadium and they're not playing NZ... That being said, the irony of a team ball-tampering and it being against Pakistan is prolly not lost on many.

But...

They're not as consistently good as South Africa across the formats, especially test cricket. But my top three teams would Be South Africa, Australia, Pakistan and New Zealand because, maths.

SA aren't the best test side.

Pakistan beat them as well. 1-1 series and the test that SA won, Faf got in trouble for ball tampering which really ruined that test.

This is the most hilariously shit post I have seen in a damn long time.

Users who are viewing this thread