Post your questions about the game here!

menyarky

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Actually almost all of what you have mentioned have been answered. (temporarily)

Sorry - I think I missed that last career question he answered, was just spitballing my ideas that I've longed for in a quality cricket game for years, particularly aspects of career mode like the background domestic matches being played while you manage an international team giving you selection dilemmas.

I noticed that there was mention that player heights etc will be noticeable and can be changed, but was hoping he could give some input as to whether or not they will actually impact on the game e.g. extra bounce.

And from what I saw, there wasn't really any mention of how and what attributes would be used - whether it was just a couple of general attributes like Ashes 2009 or more in the EA mould.

And @Allrounder18 glad someone shares the same sort of wishlist :)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@menyarky
Brilliant post mate, save me alot of time asking these same thing just add to that plz tell me ross we are having a career mode with endless years or atleast 50 but seriously not only 10:(

Here...its from the index of this thread.

"often you get both or neither at the same time, this is where retirement timing and player management come into the game
"

That doesnt cover the question asked

If retirement timing comes into play, career mode surely has to last beyond 10 years?

harrisb

International Coach
I don't know if this has been asked already, and if it has could somebody reply with the answer instead of shouting at me

As you've said there is a player/team creator in the game. For console versions, will there be the ability to share these teams for others to download within the game. That way we dont have to work through each team and create them ourselves.

Examples of this in other games are Fifa's (appalling) creation centre, or NBA 2Kx's team creator which allowed you to download the teams inside the game instead of using a web-app. Either would be amazing, as long as they aren't full of bugs.

Slightly off-topic: Thanks for being such an active member of the forums, really gives everybody the insight into the development of the game!

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If retirement timing comes into play, career mode surely has to last beyond 10 years?

Call me crazy, but why does there have to be a "set time" for any career mode. Couldn't it just be open ended? When you wanted to "retire" a player, you just don't select them in your team anymore...

Given the speed international teams rotate players in and out of teams, I doubt having a "finite" end to a career mode is terribly useful, since only a select few players generally play 10 years consistent cricket for any international side.

Allrounder18

Banned
"

Cant say for sure , players like Afridi , Misbah , Tendulkar , Kallis ,Dilshan ,Younis Khan are on the verge of retirement he might be refering to them .
Any ways Ross can you plz confirm it that career mode will be more than 10 years?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't know if this has been asked already, and if it has could somebody reply with the answer instead of shouting at me

As you've said there is a player/team creator in the game. For console versions, will there be the ability to share these teams for others to download within the game. That way we dont have to work through each team and create them ourselves.

Examples of this in other games are Fifa's (appalling) creation centre, or NBA 2Kx's team creator which allowed you to download the teams inside the game instead of using a web-app. Either would be amazing, as long as they aren't full of bugs.

Slightly off-topic: Thanks for being such an active member of the forums, really gives everybody the insight into the development of the game!

Players and teams are automatically shared when opponents meet online.

TopPlayer

County Cricketer
Hi if you cant anwsar I can understand but if you can it will be great.

How many stadiums will they be in game?
Is their any chance of making your own tours?
Is their going to be other domestic leagues like IPL & BBL?
How many teams are you lot making and will there be domestic teames?

Thanks

harrisb

International Coach
Players and teams are automatically shared when opponents meet online.

So for example if I wanted to download 'Mumbai Indians' I would have to play an opponent who has created them? Are there any other ways that we can download each others teams.

bill_123

School Cricketer
Ross can you give an answer to this question -

Are there any licensed teams in this game? if YES then which teams r licensed ? if you cant say specifically which teams you can give the number of teams licensed...

manav599

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How is the Batting improved. I mean Is batting going to have a longer timing zone to allow hitting same shot finer or squarer based on timing? How will the Swing and Seam movement affect? No other game has really made a differnce with movement in air or off the pitch which is the best and real part of actual cricket. You could change your shot at last moment to leave, defence etc. to make up for the movement rather than automatic batsman movement as in previous games.

Abhipune

Pirate
Great to see a Cricket Game WIP finally after a long time. But , if a cricet game has to be made, it has to be made excellently.
I have a few questions:
1. Will we be able to see different kinds of bowling actions(run-ups)? For eg. Harbhajan Singh and R.Ashwin are both offspinners with different actions.
2. Like in AC-09 will we get tutorials to play the strokes, or will there be a nets mode?
3. DRS? I think it has become such an integral part and would add a nice taste of reality to the game
4. Will the batsmen bat according to the situations. Will there be rain-washed games decided on D/L? Will there be a night-watchman if a wicket falls close to the end of day' s play. These tweaks will make the game simply amazing.
5. New shots like the switch-hit, or the Dilscoop, will we get to see them. Thanks.
6 Lastly, licenses? Will we get to see player-likeliness or official jerseys? Or only restricted to England and Australia?
7. Having different squads by default for ODI, T20 and Tests(think it was there in AC09)
8. Will there be an IPL, BBL, BPL, SPL Aus/Eng/Ind/SAF Domestic Leagues?

kingoffuel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Hi Ross,

Will the batsmen be able to bat outside their crease? Previous games restricted this which gave the player limited options for batting innovation.

Thanks

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Ross, its great to see the level of involvement of both the new developers towards the game, something that EA lacked. I wish you and Trickstar all the very best and hope we have two cracking cricket franchises coming out this year. I, for one will buy both the games.

I see that a lot of questions have already been asked and also answered by you but here is another one. Pardon me if it has been answered previously.

1.) In previous cricket gaming franchises, fielding animations have always taken a backseat. I have never seen a game where a skier has been taken the way it should be in the outfield or a slip catch feeling like a genuine slip catch. Wicketkeepers should catch differently and move differently to a cover fieldsmen and so should he slip fielders. These are small things which will dramatically alter the feel of the game.
2.) Carrying on with the animations, defensive strokes played to a spinner and those to a fast bowler both look very different. To a spinner, you will mostly get defensive shots more often with bat and pad close to each other as opposed to that played to a seamer.
Stroke animations have to look and feel different when played against a spinner as compared to a medium pacer or a fast bowler. Its important not just for the visual aspect but also for the gameplay. A cut shot played against a leg spinner would look dramatically different to that played against Brett Lee! Previous game animations have never taken that into account.

3.) There has to be more fluidity to the animations once the stroke is played. Seeing a batsman just standing still takes away the realism of a well played pull or a cover drive! Follow-through is such an important part of the game, be it batting or bowling.

Each of the follow-through animations would have to be linked to a dynamic animation set that would depend on the timing of the stroke, the speed of the bowler, where the ball has hit the bat etc, just a naive thought which would make each stroke look like a different event and not just a canned set.

Users who are viewing this thread